Just give up

• 12 Replies
Just give up
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:51:58 PM »
As you know there are tons of reasons why the earth is round such as horizons, NASA, etc. I won't bother explaining them because they are already all over this forum. Now, you can coem up with excuses to deny them all, buts thats all they are, excuses. I have asked many times on this forum why you people believe this theory and the only reasons I got was "because when I look outside, the ground is flat" and then you talk about how thinking for you yourself is much better than just beliving what you are told. I agree with that, but in both of our theories the world is huge in comparison to us. Humans have such a small perspective of the universe its not even funny. Thats why I chose to belive the large amount of information that humans have been able to discover over hundreds of years as oppsed to the intial observtions of one person. If you think about it like this, doesn't seem a little silly to just say "the earth looks flat to me, so thereofore, it must be flat" when other people have spend years trying to discover the true nature of the world. So you can make up all the stupid excuses that you want, but everyone else knows that the earth is flat.
size=18] I'm Hungry[/size]

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Re: Just give up
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »
So in summary, your point is that

Quote from: "Yourworstnightmare"
... you can make up all the stupid excuses that you want, but everyone else knows that the earth is flat.

?

That's... nice, albeit in contradiction with the rest of your post.  Is there any redeeming quality to this thread, or can I please just go ahead and delete it?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: Just give up
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:03:20 PM »
So you can make up all the stupid excuses that you want, but everyone else knows that the earth is flat.

Maybe you should read your posts before you submit them.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Just give up
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 07:04:21 PM »
Damn, beaten to it!

-- Bob Hudson

Just give up
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:17:10 PM »
How does it contradict? The world being round isn't an excuse and neither are the reasons why it is round. These are observations made about the world aorund us. You obvioulsy just came up with things like the conspiracy so that your theory would work. I call that excuses.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Just give up
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 08:11:06 PM »
Read the last word of the quotes.

-- Bob Hudson

Just give up
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:06:56 PM »
wow...thats embarrasing.
he world is round u stupid f*cks...

Just give up
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 04:28:54 AM »
I confess to being a disbeliever...a heretic if you will.

Thank you Flat Earth Society.

Thank you.

Finally, my round eyes are open to the flat out truth.
o man, my head is BUMPIN'

Just give up
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 06:18:06 AM »
How does it contradict? The world being round isn't an excuse and neither are the reasons why it is round. These are observations made about the world aorund us. You obvioulsy just came up with things like the conspiracy so that your theory would work. I call that excuses.

The theory works anyway, the possible conspiracies are just the explanation for why it is generally believed that the Earth is not flat, but you don't have to believe in a conspiracy to believe that the Earth is flat.

By the way, you are the first round-earther I know who believes that NASA is actually the reason why the Earth is round. So far, round-earthers have only attempted to use NASA's supposed findings as proof for their theories. I didn't realize that some people actually believed that NASA had caused the Earth to be round in the first place. I'd love to hear the mythology behind that idea.

Just give up
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 06:25:50 AM »
It has to do with Universal Studios and the shadows cast across a faked lunar landing.

Granted, the theory is complex, but like Helmhotz's theory, a degree of lateral thinking is required...

Think of it like imaginary numbers in space suits.
o man, my head is BUMPIN'

Just give up
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 04:25:29 PM »
Quote from: "Copernicus_was_wrong"

The theory works anyway, the possible conspiracies are just the explanation for why it is generally believed that the Earth is not flat, but you don't have to believe in a conspiracy to believe that the Earth is flat.

By the way, you are the first round-earther I know who believes that NASA is actually the reason why the Earth is round. So far, round-earthers have only attempted to use NASA's supposed findings as proof for their theories. I didn't realize that some people actually believed that NASA had caused the Earth to be round in the first place. I'd love to hear the mythology behind that idea.

Actually you do, NASA has good solid proof that the earth is round. The only way to get by that is to say that the space program was all fake. And you knew what I meant about NASA.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
Just give up
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 08:11:15 PM »
Actually you do, NASA has good solid proof that the earth is round. The only way to get by that is to say that the space program was all fake. And you knew what I meant about NASA.

Wait...you mean the NASA that recieves its funding from the United States' government?  Like they don't have any reason to convince us that they've gone to space.

Just give up
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 08:37:55 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"

Wait...you mean the NASA that recieves its funding from the United States' government?  Like they don't have any reason to convince us that they've gone to space.

You missed my point, which was that you have to belvie in the conspiracy to make the FE theory make sense