Why conspiracy?

• 38 Replies
Why conspiracy?
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:07:24 AM »
Although I am new, and although I am a RE'r, I sitll wonder without malice, why do the FE'r believe that everything about RE is a conspiracy, why the government is supposedly making everything up? I know this is covered in depth in some of the FAQs, I would prefer a summarized explanation by an educated and influencial FE'r. Thanks.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
Re: Why conspiracy?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 06:10:12 AM »
I would prefer a summarized explanation by an educated and influencial FE'r. Thanks.

LOL... erm.

Well, I'm not an FE'er but the reasons for the conspiracy are basically: if the Earth is flat there must be a conspiracy. People like NASA who publically advocate the notion that the Earth is round would necessarily be lying if the Earth were actually flat. That's the whole logic behind it.
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:12:30 AM »
But why would NASA lie about things like this? I don't know, I intend to try to prove that the Earth is indeed spherical through scientific reasoning on here, rather than government conspiracy. If proof is even possible.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:17:02 AM »
But why would NASA lie about things like this?
Why else? Profit.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:17:54 AM »
As stated in the FAQ, the motivation behind the alleged conspiracy is not known. But since FE'ers are "convinced" that the Earth is flat, the motivation is not really relevant to them. Without the conspiracy, the Earth would have been proven round, therefore the conspiracy must exist.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:21:18 AM »
We don't know why NASA is brainwashing the world.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 06:22:24 AM »
Better luck next time, markjo. ;)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 06:28:24 AM »
Better luck next time, markjo. ;)

I suppose that's what I get for not doing well in typing class.   :(
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 06:34:54 AM »
Considering that they actually do spend hundreds of millions on materials and contract work, I totally agree with goldstein. It is highly unlikely that the cost/benefit ratio of such a huge conspiracy would be worthwhile.

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 06:38:20 AM »
Considering that they actually do spend hundreds of millions on materials and contract work, I totally agree with goldstein. It is highly unlikely that the cost/benefit ratio of such a huge conspiracy would be worthwhile.
And you actually know this how?

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 06:39:19 AM »

Do you think NASA gets materials and contract work for free?

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 06:41:03 AM »

Do you think NASA gets materials and contract work for free?
I think they don't get as much as they say they do.

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 06:47:22 AM »
Assumption of fact without evidence?
What? Are we discussing RET now?

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 07:03:04 AM »

Nope, we're deep in the heartlands of Tom Bishop conspiracy. I'm saying you have no evidence to support your claims (NASA expenditure fiddle)
Since NASA cannot possibly be doing the stuff they say they are, they must be lying about where most of the money is going.

Really very simple, even for an REer.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 07:10:02 AM »

Nope, we're deep in the heartlands of Tom Bishop conspiracy. I'm saying you have no evidence to support your claims (NASA expenditure fiddle)
Since NASA cannot possibly be doing the stuff they say they are, they must be lying about where most of the money is going.

Really very simple, even for an REer.

And yet countless GAO audits never caught never revealed any of this?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 07:21:11 AM »
By definition, contract work means that they are paying other companies to work for them. So, what? They are just pretending to pay these companies? I assume that their employees only pretend to expect a salary every month.

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 07:24:11 AM »
Many of these companies might not even exist. You have no way of knowing.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 07:34:38 AM »

::)

If that's the strongest argument up your sleeve, you might aswell give up now. I'm pretty sure you're an intelligent person, so I don't think I need to explain why that argument makes no sense.

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 07:35:51 AM »
Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.

My point still stands though.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 07:39:26 AM »

Your point is based on the assumption that the conspiracy is financially motivated. Since that theory has turned out to be rather weak, you might want to look for a different motive.

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 07:40:28 AM »

Your point is based on the assumption that the conspiracy is financially motivated.
No, it merely indicates financial motivation.

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 07:55:36 AM »

Another appeal to ignorance.

Maybe if you could show us a company that NASA claims to pay, and then show us proof that the company doesn't exist...

Otherwise we're still in kookoo land.
Prove a negative? The burden is on you. These mysterious companies are RET's responsibility. ::)

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 07:56:07 AM »

You know, I've been waiting for something like this.  My Father-in-Law is a project manager, he manages the Voyager and Ulysses projects for JPL NASA.  Technically, he works for Cal-Tech, and has to audit both of these missions annually.  He has been to visit most of the vendors on both missions; Cal Tech has sent him to Germany, Greece, and the Netherlands to oversee some of the vendor work.

I can assure you, he is not part of the consipiracy - he is a Tuskegee man - and a Tuskegee man could never be 'The' man.  I can also assure you that he gets paid, that his entire mission teams get paid, and the vendors get paid - every last one of them on his projects.

So where is the motivation for the conspiracy?  All the money is going to individuals.
"An honest god is the noblest work of man. ... God has always resembled his creators. He hated and loved what they hated and loved and he was invariably found on the side of those in power." - Robert G. Ingersoll

http://theflatearthsociety.me

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 08:02:52 AM »

Another appeal to ignorance.

Maybe if you could show us a company that NASA claims to pay, and then show us proof that the company doesn't exist...

Otherwise we're still in kookoo land.
Prove a negative? The burden is on you. These mysterious companies are RET's responsibility. ::)

Nope there's no burden on me. What you're promoting is against conventional opinion, you need to do the leg work here.
This is the Flat Earth Society. What do you think the conventional opinion is around here?

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 08:20:38 AM »
This is the Flat Earth Society. What do you think the conventional opinion is around here?

That the Earth is round.

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »

I think it's conventional in a nut house to smear your own faeces on the walls.
Psychosis varies from individual to individual. Nothing is conventional in an insane asylum.

Sorry, but you fail yet again.

That the Earth is round.
Typical RE logic. ::)

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 08:31:40 AM »

That the Earth is round.
[/quote]

No it is Zetetic logic.  I go and observe, see what the results are and base my conclusions on those observations.  Based on observations of the FES forum, the conventional opinion of the majority of people here is that the Earth is round.

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 08:33:53 AM »

That the Earth is round.

No it is Zetetic logic.  I go and observe, see what the results are and base my conclusions on those observations.  Based on observations of the FES forum, the conventional opinion of the majority of people here is that the Earth is round.
Then you need to lurk moar.

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 08:37:20 AM »
Then you need to lurk moar.

No, the majority of posters here on this site have always had leanings toward a round Earth.  Whether it is blatant, or people confessing that they are really round Earth believers posting as FEers "for fun."

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 08:38:54 AM »
Who would waste so much time on a forum pretending to believe the earth is flat? That's completely absurd.