After this thread...."The Earth Stands Still"........& Flat.

• 30 Replies
After this thread...."The Earth Stands Still"........& Flat.
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:31:25 PM »
The Light my brothers and sisters is the final blow to the puppet masters of science. Science has masturbated our minds and twisted them so that our brains spin without the Earth having too. The diagram below shows the Earth at opposite sides of the Sun and although this may seem reasonable and logical to us, "this is actually insanity!"

The Earth's axis illustrates that at different times of the year the Earth's axis tilts closer to the Sun and at other times further giving us the Seasons. At first glance this may seem logical and our pretzelized brain will accept it as truth. But the light my brothers and sister, the light, he who possesses it possess the Truth. Science-fiction could not do away with the light (Truth).

The above shows the Earth revolving around the Sun, therefore, half of the Earth (sphere) would be lit-up by the Sun's light, "right?" Right! So wherever the Earth would revolve around the Sun half of the Earth's sphere would continuously be lit-up by the Sun's light, "right?" Right! That would mean that we who are on that sphere (Earth) would always experience 12hrs of day and 12hrs of night, "right?" WRONG!!!!!!!!

Understanding the light (Truth) ends their reign on our brain and we can begin to think for yourself outside the BOX. Assert yourself, and take responsibility, we can make a difference if there are many like us. Together we stand!

The Round Flat Earth Thread.
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=23160.0
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:03:10 AM by Punisher »

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
Re: The Day the Earth Stood Still, and FLAT.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:38:32 PM »
In b4 RE wins.

You're almost like an FE version of Eric.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

The One True Rat

• Cannot Understand Sarcasm
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
the earth does not revolve upright in a circular orbit.
its orbit is ellipsoidal, and it has a tilted axis.

this explaines the seasonal changes in RE.
what concise map explaines the seasons for FE?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 05:42:33 PM »
In b4 RE wins.
Aww, I got here too late.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »
the earth does not revolve upright in a circular orbit.
its orbit is ellipsoidal, and it has a tilted axis.

this explaines the seasonal changes in RE.
what concise map explaines the seasons for FE?

CHECK-MATE

Anywhere the sphere is the Sun will ALWAYS light-up HALF. 12hrs of daylight/365

Good-bye round Earth!!

Good-bye science!!!!

The One True Rat

• Cannot Understand Sarcasm
Re: "The Day The Earth Stood Still".... and FLAT.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 06:24:36 PM »
this is incorrect.
the sun will not light up exactly half of the earth all the time, you are correct.
 BUT Due to the tilt, and the orbit, some places on earth experience periods of 24 hour darkness, or twilight. This is because the tilt is angleing that part of the wolrd away from the sun.

the RE orbit isnt what you have posted.

If you think you are so correct in disproving the seasonal changes of RE, why dont you expalin how these seasons occur in different areas simultaneously on the planet?

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »
Midnight sun.

End of discussion.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:47:08 PM »
BUT Due to the tilt, and the orbit, some places on earth experience periods of 24 hour darkness, or twilight. This is because the tilt is angleing that part of the wolrd away from the sun.

I'm always right, even when you think I'm wrong.

You can tilt a ball any old way you like, when you shine the light on the ball, half of that ball will always light up, "got that?"

If you think you are so correct in disproving the seasonal changes of RE, why dont you expalin how these seasons occur in different areas simultaneously on the planet?

I am correct, Earth is FLAT and stop denying the Truth, once you have accepted that your science books belong next to the Pinocchio and the Alice in Wonderland books then your brain will ready to accept that which always was and will continue to always be for ever, and ever, Amen!

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:47:54 AM »

I'm always right, even when you think I'm wrong.

You can tilt a ball any old way you like, when you shine the light on the ball, half of that ball will always light up, "got that?"

Half the world is always in sunlight. That's a given. You don't seem to understand that the tilt is what determines what part is in the sunlight, and what part isn't.

I fucked this up a bit, but it still illustrates what I'm trying to say. Our world tilts at 23.5 degrees off center. At the summer solstice the north tilt is towards the sun. At the winter solstice it is pointed away. You get the rough equivalent of 12 hour days at the equator, but the world as a whole only sees 12 hour days on the vernal and autumnal equinoxes, and we don't even really see them completely, because the equinoxes are fleeting, and last for less than a day... They last for several seconds, or minutes at best. At one point it's waxing, at the next, it's waning.
Quote from: Punisher

I am correct, Earth is FLAT and stop denying the Truth, once you have accepted that your science books belong next to the Pinocchio and the Alice in Wonderland books then your brain will ready to accept that which always was and will continue to always be for ever, and ever, Amen!

The greater majority of FE'er here will still debate RET with us from time to time. You don't seem to understand RET. You can't even show applied reasoning. If you're not just trolling, then for gods sake man, crack a book.
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 08:11:26 AM »
Your allegations about the RE theory are wrong.

Seasons are not caused because one hemisphere is closer to the earth than the other, rather it is caused because the tilt of the earth makes one hemisphere have more exposure to the sun than the other.

Of course since the earth is really flat this doesn't matter.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »

--------------------------------------------------
Half the world is always in sunlight. That's a given. You don't seem to understand that the tilt is what determines what part is in the sunlight, and what part isn't.

A sphere is round like a ball, tilt any ball any old way you like, tilt it upside down, or side to side when you shine the light on the ball, half of that ball will always light up, "got that?"

I fucked this up a bit, but it still illustrates what I'm trying to say.

No kidding, your science is the same and this illustration only helps my argument. Thanks amigo!

You get the rough equivalent of 12 hour days at the equator, but the world as a whole only sees 12 hour days on the vernal and autumnal equinoxes, and we don't even really see them completely, because the equinoxes are fleeting, and last for less than a day...

Hey amigo open the eyes and keep them both opened through-out the viewing of this image. You see where it says Earth's axis? Follow the the Earth's axis from the arctic circle all the way down to the antarctic circle. You have just divided the globe in two halves, one that receives day and another that receives night. You see where it says Equator? CHECK-MATE!

I'm working on the thread, don't worry, there's a thread for everything.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:16:42 PM by Punisher »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 09:59:24 AM »
Punisher, just out of curiosity, is it your contention that the RE does not rotate on its axis over the course of a day?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 08:05:49 PM »
Punisher, just out of curiosity, is it your contention that the RE does not rotate on its axis over the course of a day?

The dot next to Australia on top diagram (notice the globe is tilted) exits the daylight first and on the bottom diagram exits the nighttime before the dot at the Equator and begins its day in the Sunshine before,  but both dots (all dots) receive equal amounts of daylight, only on different time zones. CASE & POINT.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:38:56 PM by Punisher »

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
Re: After this thread...."The Earth Stands Still"........& Flat.
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »
Wait... are you debating our need for day light savings? Or that the sun rises later and lower when our hemisphere is tilted away.. I thought people knew that 'days' are shorter depending on latitude and season.
I still am not seeing the conflict.  :-\
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:51:46 AM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 09:26:42 AM »
Wait... are your debating our need for day light savings? Or that the sun rises later and lower when our hemisphere is tilted away.. I thought people knew that 'days' are shorter depending on latitude and season.
I still am not seeing the conflict.  :-\

Huh?

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »

The dot next to Australia on top diagram (notice the globe is tilted) exist the daylight first and on the bottom diagram exists the nighttime before the dot at the Equator and begins its day in the Sunshine before,  but both dots (all dots) receive equal amounts of daylight, only on different time zones. CASE & POINT.

Wrong. In the top diagram, the dots in the north go into darkness later and come into sunlight sooner, meaning they have a longer day than the dots in the south. In the bottom diagram, the situation is reversed.

?

dyno

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 09:39:06 AM »
he doesn't understand
im not sure he is even capable of understanding. he hasn't shown any comprehension ability in any of his posts

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »

Wrong. In the top diagram, the dots in the north go into darkness later and come into sunlight sooner, meaning they have a longer day than the dots in the south. In the bottom diagram, the situation is reversed.

Replying like this doesn't help your case at all. People will call your bluff and watch the pretty science picture and see right threw your lies. Poor performance.

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 09:43:35 AM »
he doesn't understand
im not sure he is even capable of understanding. he hasn't shown any comprehension ability in any of his posts

Your not sure of anything its becoming clearer to everyone here.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »
he doesn't understand

Your not sure of anything its becoming clearer to everyone here.
I can barely distinguish anything you say other than your "CHECKMATE!"s at the end of your rambling sentences.

Anywhere the sphere is the Sun will ALWAYS light-up HALF. 12hrs of daylight/365
If you are arguing that day light should always be 12 hours, look at your own animation:

The closer to the North Pole you are, the shorter period of time you are exposed to sun light.
Also, this would correlate with the lower in the sky the sun appears to be.

Antarctica seems to be getting constant day light right at the pole.
If this is not the point you are arguing, please elaborate on the apparent flaw you seem to be so sure of.

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »
The closer to the North Pole you are, the shorter period of time you are exposed to sun light.

If this is not the point you are arguing, please elaborate on the apparent flaw you seem to be so sure of.

Get a stopwatch and time all the dots, including Antarctica, oh, and by the way, CHECK-MATE.

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 11:32:08 AM »

Get a stopwatch and time all the dots, including Antarctica, oh, and by the way, CHECK-MATE.

I did. They all spent different amounts of time in sunlight. Just like we said.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 11:43:20 AM »
If you don't see how tilting the axis affects the time delay than I recommend following this train of thought. Continue to differentiate the results by exaggerating the angle. Think about it for 45°, and so on. At a 90° tilt Antarctica would face the sun directly and the spin would have no effect. This is the limit of the lack of effect. Just like 0° tilt would have a perfect effect on time centering at 12 hours like the other two seasons would illustrate.

I agree. You should probably check yourself before posting next time. :D

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 12:43:34 AM »
If you don't see how tilting the axis affects the time delay than I recommend following this train of thought. Continue to differentiate the results by exaggerating the angle. Think about it for 45°, and so on. At a 90° tilt Antarctica would face the sun directly and the spin would have no effect. This is the limit of the lack of effect. Just like 0° tilt would have a perfect effect on time centering at 12 hours like the other two seasons would illustrate.

I agree. You should probably check yourself before posting next time. :D

I Third that... I added a little transparency to make it more apparent.

The problem you're having Punisher, is that you started making your point with your animation labeled summer, and tried finishing it with your animation labeled winter.
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 01:41:40 AM »

The problem you're having Punisher, is that you started making your point with your animation labeled summer, and tried finishing it with your animation labeled winter.

Precisely!

If you count 12hrs of daylight in the summer, and 12hrs of nighttime in the winter of the same geographical location (Australia), that translates to 12hrs of nighttime in the summer and 12hrs of daytime in the winter. Your argument better get better and with the spirit to shed truth and understanding or you're just another I ignore.

If you count 14 hours of daylight in the summer, that only leaves 10 hours of nighttime.
If you count 14 hours of nighttime in the winter, that only leaves 10 hours of daytime.

I Third that... I added a little transparency to make it more apparent.

You have a confused notion and this infection you spread unknowingly. Your diagram is complete bogus. First, don't add the transparency it makes just impossible to understand the dots positions. Second, increase the light so that a clear distinction against darkness can be observed without difficulty. And third, the North axis should on both the left and right globe or summer and winter position be pointing the same direction only have the light at opposites sides, like the clear and simple example I provided you with.

Waiting for you to shed truth on this matter.

Ok. I hope you've got broadband...

Reference 1. Front and back view.

Reference 2. Front with reference spheres.

Both of these are 96 frames. Each frame is equivalent to 15 minutes. Using your Australia example, a point along the yellow reference point's longitude spends 13.5 hours in daylight, and 10.5 hours in night in their summer, which is the northern hemispheres winter solstice. It spends 10.5 hours in daylight and 13.5 hours in night in their winter, which is the northern hemispheres summer solstice... It only experiences 12 hour days and nights on the equinoxes.

If you don't believe my counts you can check them yourself. The master psd files are here.

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 01:48:49 AM »
Cool graphics.  I don't suppose you can make one that shows OBLSteve's "sky mirrors."

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 01:52:23 AM »
Cool graphics.  I don't suppose you can make one that shows OBLSteve's "sky mirrors."

Only if there's a plugin for 3DSmax or similar that allows "bendy raytracing".
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 01:55:01 AM »

Did he actually explain it? I'll have to check that thread.

Only if there's a plugin for 3DSmax or similar that allows "bendy raytracing".
I'll have to look...

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 02:03:33 AM »

He has started to, but his graphics abilities aren't as good as yours.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 02:10:44 AM »

He has started to, but his graphics abilities aren't as good as yours.

I'm not getting it yet... I'll wait for him to explain it better.