SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 1 Rocket Into Orbit

• 54 Replies

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 1 Rocket Into Orbit
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:13:06 AM »

After three consecutive failures, a private spaceflight firm's Falcon 1 rocket successfully blasted into space late Sunday to become the first privately built liquid-fueled booster to reach orbit.

Well, this only means that SpaceX is part of teh conspiracy as well, right?

Read more here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20080929/sc_space/spacexsuccessfullylaunchesfalcon1rocketintoorbit

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 1 Rocket Into Orbit
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:13:51 AM »
SpaceX is a Government Contractor. They claim to be putting up satellites fro the Pentagon.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:34:36 AM »
SpaceX is a Government Contractor. They claim to be putting up satellites for the Pentagon.

Fixed.

So, the evil overlords of NASA are (allegedly) fooling the government into funding a fake space program for their own profit - and now private companies are starting to to copy that idea? Or are you saying that dealing with the government makes them conspirators, therefore implying that the US goverment is part of the conspiracy - which would in turn defeat the whole money-gaining motive of the cospiracy?

The former is far-fetched conjecture, the latter makes no sense. Which is it?
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 07:26:19 AM »
I registered just to comment on this. SpaceX has a video starting at takeoff and uncut all the way into space. The video clearly shows the curvature of the Earth in the background.

I know that this video can be faked among all the other videos that have been posted, but people witnessed this vehicle taking off, seen it going up, and the footage matches.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 07:31:53 AM »
SpaceX is a Government Contractor. They claim to be putting up satellites fro the Pentagon.

So the Pentagon is in it now as well? All 92,000 employees, or just the top brass? I though it was just the top 3 blokes at NASA. Since when did SpaceX and the Pentagon join the conspiracy?

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:07:50 AM »
So the Pentagon is in it now as well? All 92,000 employees, or just the top brass? I though it was just the top 3 blokes at NASA. Since when did SpaceX and the Pentagon join the conspiracy?

Don't forget the executives at Northrup-Grumman, Boeing, and the airlines.

We should really maintain a thread that has all of these people listed.  Maybe it should be stickied so people can reference it.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »
I though it was just the top 3 blokes at NASA.

3 blokes at NASA? ???

NASA employs federal contractors to build their equipment and put up their satellites. NASA doesn't really do anything. NASA is comprised of administrators and managers who direct and manage the activities of those contractors. All of their engineers are employed by contractors. SpaceX is also a NASA contractor.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 08:20:32 AM »
I though it was just the top 3 blokes at NASA.

3 blokes at NASA? ???

OK, it does add up to six, but the first number mentioned is three...

The Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium

Okay. There has been way too many threads asking about the same damned question, and too many people saying that the governments can't pull together a conspiracy as such, and what not. This will conclusively prove that it is entirely plausible, profitable and, hopefully, probable. Expect me to reference this any time you ask a stupid question about the conspiracy again.

Who DOES Need to Know:
NASA -- Okay, so the top three (at most) need to know, we'll say. These are the guys who actually are controlling the conspiracy, and maybe some of the profit is divided amongst them, but they don't need to be bribed to shut their mouths, and thus have no leverage amongst the others. If we say about three other people in NASA know about it, who are helping with image editing, video editing, and general coverage, but working closely with the top three.

NASA employs federal contractors to build their equipment and put up their satellites. NASA doesn't really do anything. NASA is comprised of administrators and managers who direct and manage the activities of those contractors. All of their engineers are employed by contractors. SpaceX is also a NASA contractor.

Who is the contractor responsible for the launch and recovery of the Space Shuttle?

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 08:25:43 AM »
I registered just to comment on this. SpaceX has a video starting at takeoff and uncut all the way into space. The video clearly shows the curvature of the Earth in the background.

I know that this video can be faked among all the other videos that have been posted, but people witnessed this vehicle taking off, seen it going up, and the footage matches.

Can anyone answer my question without bringing up governmental conspiracies?

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 08:35:36 AM »
Can anyone answer my question without bringing up governmental conspiracies?

Probably not. 

You see, for FE to be correct spaceflight is impossible, ergo, anything that violates the impossibility of spaceflight must be faked by the conspiracy.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »
OK, it does add up to six, but the first number mentioned is three...

I didn't write up the the Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium

Who is the contractor responsible for the launch and recovery of the Space Shuttle?

There are lots of contractors who do that. Lockheed Space Operations is one of the bigger ones, for example.

But the Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium is right in one thing: Not everyone in those contracting companies needs to know what they're doing, or that space travel is impossible, or that the earth is flat. And if some of the people who have hands on with recovering the shuttle do need to know that something's up, they can just be told that they're participating in a limited hoax with a specific technology. And if they decide to talk, they already know that the government will prosecute them under a military court and swiftly send them to Guantanamo for reasons of National Security.

The Government has some pretty hard consequences for anyone thinking they can leak sensitive or classified material. No one leaks Top Secret information because they already know that their life would be over afterwords. And in the case of NASA, they already know that no one would believe them even if they did start claiming that man couldn't get to space.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:24:50 PM by Tom Bishop »

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 12:34:28 PM »
So the government is part of the conspiracy. Motive?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »

Read the FAQ.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 12:48:15 PM »

Read the FAQ.

Been there, done that. Are there two of you or something? You should seriously check yourself for consistency. In some threads you claim that NASA is bullshitting the government into providing funds for a fake space program, then in others you claim that the government is involved in the conspiracy. So which is it?

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »

There are lots of contractors who do that. Lockheed Space Operations is one of the bigger ones, for example.

Where is your proof that this is done by contractors?

Seconfly, how many contractors are there? Why have no disgruntled employees leaked information of a conspiracy (via wikileaks, for example)?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »
Been there, done that. Are there two of you or something? You should seriously check yourself for consistency. In some threads you claim that NASA is bullshitting the government into providing funds for a fake space program, then in others you claim that the government is involved in the conspiracy. So which is it?

NASA is part of the government dumbshit.

NASA has access to all of the government's lawyers and all of its resources. NASA isn't a non-government entity. NASA isn't a private entity. NASA is firmly a part of the government (specifically the military), which is why they have a .gov at the end of their url.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 12:54:36 PM »
Where is your proof that this is done by contractors?

That's what NASA claims publicly.

Seconfly, how many contractors are there? Why have no disgruntled employees leaked information of a conspiracy (via wikileaks, for example)?

No one leaks Top Secret information because they already know that their life would be over afterwords. And in the case of NASA, they already know that no one would believe them even if they did start claiming that man couldn't get to space.

Also, there are people on the internet who claim to be former agents who have elaborate stories about NASA being a hoax. There's a lot of information on TNFES if you're interested in the material.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:02:45 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »

You may want to watch the language, Tom.  The mods are starting to crack down on that sort of thing in the serious discussion threads.  We wouldn't want you getting banned.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 12:57:29 PM »

No one leaks Top Secret information because they already know that their life would be over afterwords.

That's why I mentioned Wikileaks. It gives anonymity to whistleblowers. So I ask again -- why has no-one leaked info about the conspiracy?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
That's why I mentioned Wikileaks. It gives anonymity to whistleblowers. So I ask again -- why has no-one leaked info about the conspiracy?

There have been anonymous people who have claimed that NASA is a fraudulent entity and a hoax. They have elaborate stories about it. Go over to TNFES for more information and read this thread in its entirety: http://theflatearthsociety.net/forum/index.php?topic=424.0

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »

NASA has access to all of the government's lawyers and all of its resources. NASA isn't a non-government entity. NASA isn't a private entity. NASA is firmly a part of the government (specifically the military), which is why they have a .gov at the end of their url.

Trolling and arguing semantics.  ::)

Congress is also part of the US government. So if the top brass at NASA is faking a space program in order to recieve funds from the congress, they are essentially bullshitting the US government.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 01:04:43 PM »
Congress is also part of the US government. So if the top brass at NASA is faking a space program in order to recieve funds from the congress, they are essentially bullshitting the US government.

Did you think that the entirety of the government's agencies, departments, and organizations were all in on it?  ???
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:06:22 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »

Did you think that the entirety of the government's agencies, departments, and organizations were all in on it?  ???

Well, the GAO must be in on it too.  How else could NASA have survived so many audits?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »

I quote from the FAQ:

Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"

A: A Conspiracy among world Governments claiming to have space programs has disseminated the lie to the other governments of the world, as well as to the media and the general public.

The FAQ makes it clear that "world governments" are part of the conspiracy. If, as you are implying, only certain portions of these governments (mainly their space agencies) are involved in the conspiracy, it cannot be said that there is a conspiracy "among world governments" or that the governments are "disseminating lies". The FAQ does not make it clear that only specific portions of the governments are involved.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 01:31:12 PM »

I quote from the FAQ:

Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"

A: A Conspiracy among world Governments claiming to have space programs has disseminated the lie to the other governments of the world, as well as to the media and the general public.

The FAQ makes it clear that "world governments" are part of the conspiracy. If, as you are implying, only certain portions of these governments (mainly their space agencies) are involved in the conspiracy, it cannot be said that there is a conspiracy "among world governments" or that the governments are "disseminating lies". The FAQ does not make it clear that only specific portions of the governments are involved.

It also doesn't claim that any governments as a whole are in on it.  It only identifies governments as being in on the Conspiracy.  There's no contradiction here.

Also,
Quote from: FAQ
In addition, please note that the FAQ should be considered a starting point.  It addresses many questions those new to FET have about the theory but in no way represents a comprehensive, all-encompassing view of the theory.  It should also be noted that not all points in the FAQ are necessarily agreed on by all FE proponents.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 01:36:38 PM »

NASA is sponsoring them, however according to their page they do not take part in the development of the rocket or the launch. 

Usually, the space agency issues detailed requirements and specifications for its flight hardware and it takes ownership of any vehicles and associated infrastructure that a contractor produces. For COTS, NASA specified only high level goals and objectives instead of detailed requirements where possible, and left its industry partners responsible for decisions about design, development, certification and operation of the transportation system. Because NASA has a limited amount of money to invest, it encouraged the partners to obtain private financing for their projects and it left them free to market the new space transportation services to others.

This model for pursuing of commercial space services is another first for NASA and a reflection on the growing maturing of commercial space capabilities. "This is not a traditional NASA procurement or program. We could change the economics of space flight with this," said Lindenmoyer, whose office oversees COTS. NASA expects use of this model to increase over time as the exploration program unfolds, potentially extending to the provision of power, communications, and habitation facilities by commercial entities.

this is from: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/exploration/news/COTS_selection.html

Now, how does NASA profit from giving private companies millions of dollars to sponsor the development and launching of private spacecraft when they can't get to space anyway?

NASA Cone head: "Hey SpaceX, how would you like to make 500 million?"
SpaceX dumbass:  "Hell yeah, what do I do?"
NASA Cone head:  "We will give you 500 million dollars to build a fake space craft, then fake a launch"
SpaceX dumbass:  "That sounds great, after we pay for the parts for the faked space craft, and the labor for our engineers to design and build the thing, a fake testing plan, graphics and special effects employees for the video and photographs, then pay off all those people to not speak about it. (500+ employees at SpaceX).  I'm sure we could just pocket a few mil, and hide it from our families and the IRS.  Then the pentagon will pay us to send up satellites (that we don't really have because we faked it).  Wow there is a lot of profit in that.
NASA Cone head:  Exactly, we will all be millionaires.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »
The FAQ makes it clear that "world governments" are part of the conspiracy. If, as you are implying, only certain portions of these governments (mainly their space agencies) are involved in the conspiracy, it cannot be said that there is a conspiracy "among world governments" or that the governments are "disseminating lies".

So you thought that Sam the Mailman, a government employee, was "in" on the Conspiracy?  ???

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
I've been asking for a more complete source of information for a while now. People get directed to the FAQ every day, but all it contains are a few ambiguous snippets of pseudo-information that may or may not be relevant to the discussion at hand and may or may not represent the view of a majority of FE'ers. I won't even go into the whole circular logic thing, but this post pretty much sums it up:

Do not touch the faq.

Until you understand it, you can not modify it.

Seriously read the faq with an unbiased eye, knowing what you do about tfes, then realize it is perfect. It trolled all of you.

All things considered, getting pointed to the FAQ (especially by Tom Bishop) is usually a cue that sensible debate is now over and one of three things will now commence:

1. Trolling / name calling.
2. Arguing semantics.
3. Thread derailing.

The whole FET "discussion" is a lot of fun until you realize what's really going on...

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »
The FAQ makes it clear that "world governments" are part of the conspiracy. If, as you are implying, only certain portions of these governments (mainly their space agencies) are involved in the conspiracy, it cannot be said that there is a conspiracy "among world governments" or that the governments are "disseminating lies".

So you thought that Sam the Mailman, a government employee, was "in" on the Conspiracy?  ???

Upgrading from Tom's Blatantly Obvious Troll Tactics TM to Tom's Slightly More Subtle Troll Tactics TM isn't much of an improvement. I won't indulge you by answering that question.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »
MadDog, please stop trolling in the debate/questions forums.  This is your warning.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?