Answer me this question all FEers

• 15 Replies
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:12:32 PM »
Do you belive that all matter is made up of very small entities called atoms? If you do, and are a FEer, then put that in yourpost
size=18] I'm Hungry[/size]

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »
They probably do. What does this mean for the FE theory though?

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »
I'm Lost as well
 I Feel Like A One-Legged Man In An Ass Kicking Contest

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »
i was going to wait unitl a FEer posted here but I'll just say it now

How do you know that atoms are real? Have you ever seen one? Unless you have ever looked through one of those superpowered microscopes, the answer is no. So coulnd't the goverment just be making all of this atom stuff up? You might mention the atom bomb, but maybe the goverment just made some increibly explosive material out of uranium and put it in the bomb. I'm sure some one could come up with other objections, but a good imagination could make excuses.

So all of you FEers who answed yes to my question, you belevie scientists when they talk about atoms, but not when they say the earth is round. Any logical person can tell that makes no sense

Muhahah pwned by your own logic  :twisted:

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 05:24:05 PM »
It does not logically follow that if a person does not believe one thing a group of people says, they reject everything they say.

That said, I believe the reason that most FEers disagree with any "scientific" claims made that prove the earth to be round, is that they know the earth is flat, ergo anything that would prove a lie must, by necessity, also be a lie.

As to this:
So all of you FEers who answed yes to my question, you belevie scientists when they talk about atoms, but not when they say the earth is round. Any logical person can tell that makes no sense

I'm going to make two statements:
1- You exist.
2- Dragons run rampant on our planet...so do unicorns.

I'd assume you agree with me insofar that you exist, but not about the dragons and unicorns, "any logical person can tell this makes no sense".
Please...

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 07:05:34 PM »
The problem is that I know that I excist ("I think therefor I am") but I have never seen a dragon or a unicorn. You have never seen an atom or the earth at a perspective that you could tell what shape it is. So if you belicve the goverment about the atom, then you have no reason to not belive anything else they say unless you have a good reason as to why it is not true. Don't say "when I look outside, the earth is flat. That is one good reason why the earth is flat. I can think of many good reasons the earth is round (horizons, NASA pictures, etc.) So the chances are at least equal, if not better, that the earth is round

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 07:15:12 PM »
Why won't any one admit that I'm right?

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 07:18:03 PM »
Stop me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone has ever seen what an atom looks like. I don't think it's even possible due to the properties of light. So it's not possible for the government to lie about the shape of an atom.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 07:23:45 PM »
Well,  maybe the goverment is just making up this entire atom thing then, the point is that there telling us that things are made out of atoms and that the earth is flat but FEers are only beliving one of those things

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 07:27:30 PM »
It just stands to reason that there has to be atoms, since all an atom is is the smallest particle of element you can get that still retains the same chemical properties.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 07:52:35 PM »
Maybe elements can be splilt into infitly small pieces

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 08:13:31 PM »
Quote from: "Yourworstnightmare"
Maybe elements can be splilt into infitly small pieces

This is quite possible, however, he said that an atom is the smallest bit that retains its chemical properties. This means that if you break an atom up into smaller bits it no longer reacts with other atoms in the same way. So what he was saying is that it seems logical for there to be a smallest particle of something that exists before that something becomes, well, something else. Say if you had a chunk of gold and you start chopping bits off, the smallest piece you could have before your gold was no longer gold would be defined as an atom, if you chopped more off it becomes something else.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 08:48:44 PM »
If I'm remembering correctly, the term "Atom" was coined to mean "Cannot be cut".

I believe in atoms, and I believe the earth is flat.

Well, look at that. I just disproved your theory.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 09:36:26 PM »
I'm suggesting that maybe matter can be split infinitly and alsways have to same chemical properties, you certinly can't prove otherwise without millon-dollar equpment
Quote from: "Unimportant"
If I'm remembering correctly, the term "Atom" was coined to mean "Cannot be cut".

I believe in atoms, and I believe the earth is flat.

Well, look at that. I just disproved your theory.

You didn't disprove me theory, you proved that you have no good reason to belive the earth is flat, didn't you read my posts?
and yes, atom means cannot be cut in ancient greek

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 08:31:41 AM »
Actually, if you were to split an atom in half, you would have two different elements remaining, unless there were equal numbers of protons and neutrons in each new piece.  If you were to just pull apart the protons and neutrons in the nucleus, you would just have protons and neutrons - they are all the same.  Until they combine, they have no chemical properties of an element.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 09:03:19 AM »
Quote from: "Yourworstnightmare"
You didn't disprove me theory, you proved that you have no good reason to belive the earth is flat, didn't you read my posts?

Sure I did. You were trying to imply that you can't believe the earth is flat and, at the same time, "believe in atoms", right? I do, and I do, so you're wrong.

Or were you just trying to say "I think it's silly to believe one and not the other?" If that's the case, I would respond by saying it doesn't particularly matter what you think.