Athiest World

• 680 Replies
Re: Athiest World
« Reply #540 on: February 10, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »
Doesn't the type of people something attracts say something about it
You can't outrun death forever
But you can sure make the old bastard work for it.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #541 on: February 10, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »
No. Something attracting everyone only means it is more attractive.

Is a super model sleezy just because sleezy men are jerking off to her picture?

?

Proleg

« Reply #542 on: February 10, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »
As with any religion or ideology, the worst advertisement for Christianity is its adherents.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #543 on: February 10, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »
As with any religion or ideology, the worst advertisement for Christianity is its adherents.

More likely it is those that adhere to a dogma that incorrectly uses only single passages out of context to fuel their hate.

« Reply #544 on: February 10, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »

That  comparison doesn?t work. A supermodel is something by herself. Without other people however a religion would not exist. Second I am trying to argue against organized religion.  Once you get a organization that all believes in something and all believe every one  thing they teach there children about it and they teach there children about it. If it?s a tight enough community Each generation gets more fanatical about it. Then if there is enough people you get the Spanish inquisition

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #545 on: February 10, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »

That  comparison doesn?t work. A supermodel is something by herself. Without other people however a religion would not exist. Second I am trying to argue against organized religion.  Once you get a organization that all believes in something and all believe every one  thing they teach there children about it and they teach there children about it. If it?s a tight enough community Each generation gets more fanatical about it. Then if there is enough people you get the Spanish inquisition

You were comparing atheists to theists, not just a specific organized religion.

« Reply #546 on: February 10, 2009, 02:35:34 PM »
I'm not trying to attach any religion in specific. I just know the most about Christianity so I use it for examples. I could start Bring up other religions I'm just trying to demonstrate that organized religion can breed intolerance.

« Reply #547 on: February 10, 2009, 02:36:44 PM »
I'm not trying to attach any religion in specific. I just know the most about Christianity so I use it for examples. I could start Bring up other religions I'm just trying to demonstrate that organized religion can breed intolerance.
Then It's lucky I'm not a part of organized Religion.
I hate myself for coming here

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #548 on: February 10, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »

Christianity did not breed intolerance, intolerance was added to christianity to fit the pre existing views of the times. I believe jesus was the one that told you to treat everyone as you wished to be treated. Hardly the basis for intolerance.

« Reply #549 on: February 10, 2009, 03:19:46 PM »
Read the old testament then talk about tolerance entire cites were destroyed and you could argue that they were filled with sin but did the children or the babys in the town deserve it. Second I said nothing of the teachings of jesus. I said the  Religious orginazation was easly corrupted when you have a Hierarchy.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #550 on: February 10, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
Which cities are you referring to in particular?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

« Reply #551 on: February 10, 2009, 03:43:36 PM »

Christianity did not breed intolerance, intolerance was added to christianity to fit the pre existing views of the times. I believe jesus was the one that told you to treat everyone as you wished to be treated. Hardly the basis for intolerance.
Very true. I try to tell people that no matter what religion someone is, they can still do bad things.

« Reply #552 on: February 10, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
Sodom and The city that Moses people found after wandering in the desert. They marched around it and then only the prostitutes house was spared. I am sorry. I'm horrible with names.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #553 on: February 10, 2009, 08:38:08 PM »
Read the old testament then talk about tolerance entire cites were destroyed and you could argue that they were filled with sin but did the children or the babys in the town deserve it. Second I said nothing of the teachings of jesus. I said the  Religious orginazation was easly corrupted when you have a Hierarchy.

Talk to some jews about that particular story. Most stories in the old testament I believe are stories. Perhaps the jews did slaughter cities and justify it with god. The fact remains is they didn't slaughter the city for god, they used god as an excuse.

And if you get to switch back and forth between religions do I get to bring in every single atheist that has committed an atrocity and blame it on their lack of morals?

« Reply #554 on: February 10, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

Talk to some jews about that particular story. Most stories in the old testament I believe are stories. Perhaps the jews did slaughter cities and justify it with god. The fact remains is they didn't slaughter the city for god, they used god as an excuse.

And if you get to switch back and forth between religions do I get to bring in every single atheist that has committed an atrocity and blame it on their lack of morals?
Are you Raist? There is no way the Raist I know and have come to ignore, posted this.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #555 on: February 10, 2009, 08:43:21 PM »

Are you Raist? There is no way the Raist I know and have come to ignore, posted this.

I'm a christian. I just dislike your idiocy. Claiming something didn't happen because you can't understand it is trivializing God. Every creationist that tries to treat god like the slow kid, and claim he invented bananas to fit into our hand is blaspheming the name of god.

I'm too tired to generate a decent rant. So I'm going to cut this one short.

?

Proleg

« Reply #556 on: February 10, 2009, 08:43:34 PM »
Raist gets butthurt over this kind of stuff the same as any other Christian. You can't blame him for lashing out every once in a while.

« Reply #557 on: February 10, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
I'm a christian.
Wholly Fuck NO! You have got to be shitting me Right!?!

Oh my whole FUCKING world is falling dow around me!!!

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #558 on: February 10, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »
I'm a christian.

Where have you been the past I don't know when?
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

?

Proleg

« Reply #559 on: February 10, 2009, 09:00:19 PM »
I'm a christian.

Yeah. An intelligent and likable Christian. It shocked me too at first.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #560 on: February 10, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
I'm a christian.

If that was more in context I'd sig that.

« Reply #561 on: February 10, 2009, 09:14:19 PM »
I'm a christian.

So what do you believe? I would have believed you to be closer to Satanist to tell the truth. You were that convincing.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #562 on: February 10, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »
I'm a christian.

So what do you believe? I would have believed you to be closer to Satanist to tell the truth. You were that convincing.
Satanist? Because I support evolution? Or because I don't support idiotic views?

?

Proleg

« Reply #563 on: February 10, 2009, 09:35:01 PM »
I'm a Satanist.

Ooga booga!!!

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #564 on: February 10, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »
So, if you believe in satan, wouldn't you also believe in god?

« Reply #565 on: February 10, 2009, 09:36:55 PM »
I'm a christian.

Satanist? Because I support evolution? Or because I don't support idiotic views?
No, because of the way you attacked my beliefs. What do you believe exactly?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #566 on: February 10, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
I'm a christian.

No, because of the way you attacked my beliefs. What do you believe exactly?

I attacked your ignorant statements.

My beliefs were detailed in several threads. I don't care to find them. I really couldn't tell you where.

?

Proleg

« Reply #567 on: February 10, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
So, if you believe in satan, wouldn't you also believe in god?
Not necessarily.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #568 on: February 11, 2009, 02:08:46 AM »
True dat, LaVey satanism seems to worship personal satisfaction rather than the actual deity. If you worshipped Satan, however, you would, by extension, be almost  forced to believe in his creator. Unless some Satan worshippers just screw up the story of who made Satan, or claimed that Satan is God in a truer form or something.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

F*ck-Flat-Earth

« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
Hey smart one, pot isn't addictive.