Athiest World

• 680 Replies

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
Re: Athiest World
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »
Actually, if I were a creating God, I would create situations where my creations could dissapoint me. I just wouldn't punish them.
I agree.
This also begs the question, is god emotional?

If you believe in what the bible says, then he must be. He's very materialistic and has jealousy issues.

Emir Parkreiner

• Killer with a conscience.
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »
I don't know about you, but I find that hilarious. At least in norse and greek mythology, the gods were ascribed human attributes so that people could connect with them, but the christian god is almost more human than Loki ever was.
This is absurd. The Judeo-Christian God is much more different from humans then pagan gods are.

Pagan gods run around fighting and fucking like humans with bodies that resemble human's bodies. The bible says that humans can't imagine God, God doesn't resemble humans and is sinless.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2008, 09:01:26 PM »
I don't know about you, but I find that hilarious. At least in norse and greek mythology, the gods were ascribed human attributes so that people could connect with them, but the christian god is almost more human than Loki ever was.
This is absurd. The Judeo-Christian God is much more different from humans then pagan gods are.

Pagan gods run around fighting and fucking like humans with bodies that resemble human's bodies. The bible says that humans can't imagine God, God doesn't resemble humans and is sinless.

Quit comparing penises on the internet.

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2008, 09:54:32 PM »

You compare God to penises? Are you still pretending to be Christian?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »
It's as valid a comparison as any. Still, God is depicted like some sort of child with a temper problem in the old testament, and evne though you deny it, it's true.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2008, 10:51:33 PM »
It's as valid a comparison as any. Still, God is depicted like some sort of child with a temper problem in the old testament, and evne though you deny it, it's true.
No it isn't. God is depicted as just and wise.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2008, 10:56:43 PM »
Sodom and Gomorrah, still. God gives us free will, and then gets pissy when we use it.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2008, 10:57:56 PM »

You compare God to penises? Are you still pretending to be Christian?

Trying to compare god at all is a futile task. What you are doing is basically attempting to compare penises through religion which i find sick and akin to masturbation. Stop blaspheming.

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2008, 11:18:57 PM »
Trying to compare god at all is a futile task. What you are doing is basically attempting to compare penises through religion which i find sick and akin to masturbation. Stop blaspheming.
No, I am clarifying the distinctions between religions. By saying they are interchangeable you are blaspheming against the word of The Lord.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2008, 11:20:10 PM »
No, I am clarifying the distinctions between religions. By saying they are interchangeable you are blaspheming against the word of The Lord.
I said they are incomparable. Which is the word of the Bible.

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2008, 11:29:20 PM »
I was showing the differences between gods. You said I was showing the differences betwen penises, so you were comparing all gods, including the Judeo-Christian one, to penises.

Sodom and Gomorrah, still. God gives us free will, and then gets pissy when we use it.
No He doesn't/didn't.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »
I was showing the differences between gods. You said I was showing the differences betwen penises, so you were comparing all gods, including the Judeo-Christian one, to penises.

No He doesn't/didn't.

no, I was comparing what you were doing, to the futile act of penis measuring.

learn2metaphor

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2008, 11:39:33 PM »
So you compare the worship of God to the worship of false gods, we might as well dance around a golden calf right?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2008, 01:04:32 AM »
So you compare the worship of God to the worship of false gods, we might as well dance around a golden calf right?

Pretty much, acomplishes the same thing, apart from everyone has a bit more excercise.

PastafarianGuy

• Have You Been Touched By His Noodly Appendage?
« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2008, 04:28:36 AM »

Pretty much, acomplishes the same thing, apart from everyone has a bit more excercise.
Right right, and how do we choose the correct religion?  If Christianity is it, then which sect most closely follows the word of the Bible?  Would anybody be willing to cast their eyes, stone their children, or own slaves (at least nowadays) and make sure they don't die within 3 days when you bean them?  CAN you go all the way is what I am asking if that is what God wants?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2008, 04:43:58 AM »
correct religion

An oxymoron I feel.
And yes, you can move to somewhere like Nigeria

PastafarianGuy

• Have You Been Touched By His Noodly Appendage?
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2008, 04:55:37 AM »
Haha, I said "bean" (not really funny)
correct religion

An oxymoron I feel.
And yes, you can move to somewhere like Nigeria
I neglected to put "if you assume their is one, which I do not" after I said "correct religion", but I had hoped it would be assumed.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2008, 05:03:15 AM »
Never assume, it makes an ass out of u and me

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2008, 07:30:11 AM »
No He doesn't/didn't.

Do you have any proof of these outrageous claims? Am I the only person who reacted to the fact that a self-proclaimed christian just said that God didn't give us free will?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »
No He doesn't/didn't.

Do you have any proof of these outrageous claims? Am I the only person who reacted to the fact that a self-proclaimed christian just said that God didn't give us free will?
I'm a little too late to the discussion, but I agree. You simply beat me to it.

He is either saying that we don't have free will, or that he doesn't punish sin.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2008, 08:55:14 AM »
no. You did.

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »
No He doesn't/didn't.
God didn't get pissy.

no. You did.
No, you did.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2008, 02:39:51 PM »
God didn't get pissy.
God doesn't get pissed off by people sinning? Awesome!
Wait, then what's up with the horrendous punishment of eternal torture?
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
God didn't get pissy.
God doesn't get pissed off by people sinning? Awesome!
Wait, then what's up with the horrendous punishment of eternal torture?
What torture?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »
What torture?
Hell. Sorry, I thought it was obvious.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2008, 03:06:37 PM »

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »
No He doesn't/didn't.
God didn't get pissy.

There is only a miniscule difference between "pissy" and "vengeful". Both are childlike and very human emotions, so why would God display them?

Emir Parkreiner

« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2008, 11:15:22 PM »
There is only a miniscule difference between "pissy" and "vengeful"./quote]No.

Both are childlike
No.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2008, 11:21:33 PM »
Emir, you are truly an idiot. Give me reasons for your arguments, and we'll talk on, otherwise I win.