Proof

• 35 Replies

Mr.Sillysteve

• ThErE iS nO sPoOn
Proof
« on: September 17, 2008, 06:52:59 AM »
hey guys  ;D

i just wanted to say i have been looking at your forums while at work over the past few days and have laughed at some of the angry rants but now i want to ask you guys a quick question what would prove to you guys that the earth is round ? and also if you had any genuine pictures of the earth being flat, also have you ever been to the ice wall or the end of the earth or near it ? this is not a rant this is just a question i am not denounceing your beliefs i am trying to get an idea if what i have been taught is true or false

Mr.SillySteve
A Puzzled bystander  ???

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Proof
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 06:57:01 AM »
hey guys  ;D

i just wanted to say i have been looking at your forums while at work over the past few days and have laughed at some of the angry rants but now i want to ask you guys a quick question what would prove to you guys that the earth is round ? and also if you had any genuine pictures of the earth being flat, also have you ever been to the ice wall or the end of the earth or near it ? this is not a rant this is just a question i am not denounceing your beliefs i am trying to get an idea if what i have been taught is true or false

Mr.SillySteve
A Puzzled bystander  ???

I've been to the edge of the earth and bungee jumped off the ice wall into outer space. If somebody could explain how that is possible in RET then I might reconsider my stance.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 06:57:59 AM »
what would prove to you guys that the earth is round ?
I think you are in the wrong forum.

and also if you had any genuine pictures of the earth being flat, also have you ever been to the ice wall or the end of the earth or near it ?
It's possible to get to there without intervention from the conspiracy.

Mr.Sillysteve

• ThErE iS nO sPoOn
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 07:06:21 AM »
where would the edge of the earth be ?

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 07:08:36 AM »
South.
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 07:12:07 AM »
what would prove to you guys that the earth is round ?
I think you are in the wrong forum.
I disagree: Proving RE is has a logical consequence of disproving FE, since they are mutually exclusive.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Mr.Sillysteve

• ThErE iS nO sPoOn
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 07:12:30 AM »
to the pole then lol !

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 07:49:33 AM »
... have you ever been to the ice wall or the end of the earth or near it ?
It's possible to get to there without intervention from the conspiracy.

I feel a fundamental shift in FE Theory taking place here.

But just to clarify, are you saying the conspiracy exists, but they will not be able to stop you reaching the (ahem) ice wall?

Or are you saying the conspiracy does not exist at all?

I've personally been to the Ice Wall on numerous times, despite people claiming it is guarded and protected.

I happen to think that a conspiracy is an excellent hypothesis to explain phenomena such as photographs depicting a round earth.

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »
But doesn't the fact that you're claiming to have been there despite it being guarded prove the conspiracy is garbage?  If YOU can go there, why can't others?  But you claim to not only have seen the wall but actually bungee jump off of it!  So is this a big tourist thing?  If you can make it to this guarded wall, people wishing to disprove it can make it as well.  Where are the pictures?  Where are other eye witnesses?  The sheer number of people involved in this conspiracy is proof its phony.  Not only do you have to keep every country on earth quiet, you have to keep countless sailors, pilots, etc quiet as well.  You're telling me that in all these years NOBODY has talked?

The proof is in the conspiracy itself.  Its flawed at is core.  But to answer your question, there is NO proof you can provide that FE'ers will believe.  They dismiss any proof as fake, flawed, etc.

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »
But doesn't the fact that you're claiming to have been there despite it being guarded prove the conspiracy is garbage?  If YOU can go there, why can't others?  But you claim to not only have seen the wall but actually bungee jump off of it!  So is this a big tourist thing?  If you can make it to this guarded wall, people wishing to disprove it can make it as well.  Where are the pictures?  Where are other eye witnesses?  The sheer number of people involved in this conspiracy is proof its phony.  Not only do you have to keep every country on earth quiet, you have to keep countless sailors, pilots, etc quiet as well.  You're telling me that in all these years NOBODY has talked?

The proof is in the conspiracy itself.  Its flawed at is core.  But to answer your question, there is NO proof you can provide that FE'ers will believe.  They dismiss any proof as fake, flawed, etc.

It certainly gives weight to the idea that if there is a conspiracy then they do not guard the ice wall. I have never once seen anybody guarding the ice wall and I'm curious as to why other people say there are people guarding it. It wasn't a big tourist attraction, it was me and a few mates and I'd post photos up but you'd claim they were fake so I don't see the point.

I'm not certain that there is a conspiracy but I can't think of any other way to explain photographs depicting a round earth. Unless the earth is round and then how is it possible to bungee jump into outer space?

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »
Where are your pictures of this trip with your mates?  You've been there several time and never once thought to bring a camera? How cool would a group pictures at the edge of the world be?  Sorry man but I'm calling Bravo Sierra on your story.  Nice try.

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 08:34:32 AM »
Where are your pictures of this trip with your mates?  You've been there several time and never once thought to bring a camera? How cool would a group pictures at the edge of the world be?  Sorry man but I'm calling Bravo Sierra on your story.  Nice try.

I've got loads of photos, as I said I don't see the point in posting them as you'll just call them fake. In what way could I post a photo that you couldn't dispute as being faked?

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »
LOL, are you kidding me?  Your argument against posting pics is that you don't want them to be called fake?  If they're real, theyll be proven real.  Post 1 pic for us to see.  If i told you I've been to space, wouldn't you want some pictures?  And if I had been to space, I would sure as hell post the pics here for all to see.  Some would claim they are fake, but others would see it as proof.  I implore you to post your pics for us to see.  What better way to prove FE than to have actual pics!?

Mr.Sillysteve

• ThErE iS nO sPoOn
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 08:43:46 AM »
right i did not start this post to create a flame war ok i am not a troll what ever that is and i genuinely want to know more about FE theroys but there are somethings you need to ask about plus frost if you have anything else to add do so but do it in you own post

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »
LOL, are you kidding me?

Nope.

Your argument against posting pics is that you don't want them to be called fake?

Not quite but close enough.

If they're real, theyll be proven real.

How???

Post 1 pic for us to see.

I will when you explain how you will be able to determine whether it's genuine or not.

If i told you I've been to space, wouldn't you want some pictures?

I wouldn't care, as I've said I've been to outer space too.

And if I had been to space, I would sure as hell post the pics here for all to see.  Some would claim they are fake, but others would see it as proof.  I implore you to post your pics for us to see.  What better way to prove FE than to have actual pics!?

Again, nobody that doesn't already believe in FE thinks the pictures are real (you could probably find some if you did a search). These days I just share them with my fellow bungeenaughts.

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »
right i did not start this post to create a flame war ok i am not a troll what ever that is and i genuinely want to know more about FE theroys but there are somethings you need to ask about plus frost if you have anything else to add do so but do it in you own post

I've been to the edge of the earth and bungee jumped off the ice wall into outer space. If somebody could explain how that is possible in RET then I might reconsider my stance.

We are still on subject. Plus you never answered my question.

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »
There are telltale signs of a photoshoped picture.  Listen, seriously, I'm not looking to laugh at you, or call you a liar, you've really sparked my interest.  You are the only person I've been able to interact with that actually claims to have seen and/or jumped off the the end of the world.  I'd LOVE to see any pictures you have.  You can email them to me if you want.  On top of that, you don't think you're fellow FE'ers would also love the photo graphical proof of FE?

Let me turn it around on you, what do I need to do to get you to post even 1 pic?

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »
There are telltale signs of a photoshoped picture.  Listen, seriously, I'm not looking to laugh at you, or call you a liar, you've really sparked my interest.  You are the only person I've been able to interact with that actually claims to have seen and/or jumped off the the end of the world.  I'd LOVE to see any pictures you have.  You can email them to me if you want.  On top of that, you don't think you're fellow FE'ers would also love the photo graphical proof of FE?

Let me turn it around on you, what do I need to do to get you to post even 1 pic?

So in the absence of "telltale signs" you'll accept the picture as genuine?

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 09:05:27 AM »
For sure.  I've seen plenty of pictures of RE, but other than some renderings of FE, I've never seen a single picture of FE proof.   I'm not looking for a picture of you and your buddies in a cave, I can send you one of those.  Living in Wisconsin, I can go up to the Cave of the Mounds and take some pretty amazing pictures.  You've gotta have some pics of what is past earth, thats what I, and I'm sure others are looking for.  Show something, anything that shows that end of the earth and what lies beyond.   

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »
Although I am not a professional, do I have experience with debunking fake photographs. I'd tell you some of the processes I use, but I'd prefer to wait until you post them, or they could be countered.

Please post away. If I can't find any flaws, I will admit it.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 09:13:27 AM »
No worries, I'll post them when I get home.

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »
Thank you, I can't wait to see the pics.  I will also be more than happy to admit if I'm wrong.  Who knows, maybe Ill be a FE'er by the end of the night.  :P

Mr.Sillysteve

• ThErE iS nO sPoOn
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 10:57:39 AM »
whats your question sorry mate ?

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »
Here's a photo of me going bungee jumping off the ice wall into outer space...

My question is: how is it possible to bungee jump off the edge of the earth into outer space if the earth was round?

This is my biggest problem with accepting RET and if somebody could answer this for me it would go a long way to convincing me of RET. While it wouldn't necessarily 'prove' RET to me, an explanation of how it is possible in RET certainly overcome one of my biggest stumbling blocks in accepting the theory.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:03:40 PM by Pretentious Twat »

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 03:17:07 PM »
Am I the only one that can't see the photo?  I only see a white box with a red x :(

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »
The URL is invalid. I retrieved the address from quoting your box and plugged it into firefox and got redirected to a yahoo search results page.
That makes sense, considering the base site looks fictitious. icewallbungeejump.com? lol

www.icewallbungeejump.com/galleries/pretentioustwatfail.jpg

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »
That is very disappointing.  Not surprising, just disappointing.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »
That is very disappointing.  Not surprising, just disappointing.
I couldn't agree more.

?

Dr Eon Phlatamus

• Had a bad day in the lab
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 09:06:12 PM »
First off ... Its not really an Ice wall
Its the edge of a petri dish.

Second ... The conspiracy is headed up by the pharmaceutical companies ... so its easy to see how you Re'rs are delusional.
Thinking outside the box , Doesnt include Believing the earth is round.