So much for the separation of church and state.

• 177 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: So much for the separation of church and state.
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »
I find both men and women sexually attractive, and that is not a choice, it's just a fact.  The only choice is the immediate one.. the one where you decide to either have sex, or not, with whoever it is.

I can't choose to think Tricia Helfer isn't hot.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:51 AM »
I can't either, but I still think she isn't hot. ::)
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2008, 11:36:49 AM »
Why are you rolling your eyes?  I can't possibly be the only person who thinks she's hot.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
The links I posted were supposed to be read together - not only the parts you agree with quoted, and the rest ignored, although I'm aware that's something religious people do.
You say that less then 50% of the Netherlands are Christian and your sources disagree with you, what are you trying to say?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2008, 12:16:16 PM »
A friend of mine who's gay brilliantly dismissed the nature/nurture debate in one sentence "Whatever makes me gay is the same thing that makes you straight."

Except if everyone was gay then we wouldn't exist.  So how does that play out in the we are all the same line?

very right,if everyone was a guy, we wouldn't exist. Under that logic, why did you choose to be a guy?

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2008, 02:55:43 PM »
I think the point Wardgogg is trying to make is that if being Gay was a genetic trait, then how would it be passed on to the next generation?
Quote from: General Douchebag[/quote
If Eminem had actually died, I would feel the force realign.
Quote from: ghazwozza
Of course it doesn't make sense, it's Tom Bishop's answer.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2008, 02:57:50 PM »
That's a really funny thought, though it is flawed. Some people suppress their feelings for the same sex, and others just don't recognize those feelings for what they are. You can't say that there isn't a gay man in the world right now having sex with his wife.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2008, 03:18:35 PM »
But what about the rest of the animal kingdom? I don't think they have the social pressures that humans have, so wouldn't "lie to themselves" or try to confrom to the norm? Did homosexuality begin with homo sapiens?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2008, 03:25:55 PM »
But what about the rest of the animal kingdom? I don't think they have the social pressures that humans have, so wouldn't "lie to themselves" or try to confrom to the norm? Did homosexuality begin with homo sapiens?

No.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2008, 03:30:08 PM »
So how would the homosexuality gene be passed along in any given species?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »
I'm not up on the science but it might be more of a genetic mutation than a trait.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2008, 05:32:18 PM »
So how would the homosexuality gene be passed along in any given species?
This was stated earlier. Women closely related to homosexual men, tend to have more children. Perhaps the gene that makes men attracted to guys, also makes women more attracted to men/sex. This would lead to an increase in kids of these women, but with a chance that their male children would be homosexual.

Sort of like the sickle cell disease gene. It prevents malaria, but when you have two it can be fatal.

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2008, 07:22:02 PM »
You're suggesting women are a carrier of the gene? Where might the Lesbians come from?

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »
Where might the Lesbians come from?
Let's keep this clean and mature please...

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »
You're suggesting women are a carrier of the gene? Where might the Lesbians come from?
Wouldn't you think that attraction to men, and attraction to women arent exactly the same genes? Women are less threatened by other women. In fact the way men react to each other physiologically, is completely different than the way women react. There have been brain activity studies that have shown this.

As for women being the carriers, a gene that makes you like men more, seems to me a very useful trait for a woman, when it comes to reproduction at least.

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »
2 different genes? Interesting. I guess bisexuality comes from having both of these genes in the "on" position, and there are bound to be some poor asexual souls that have them both switched to off.

So in this scenario, heterosexual brothers of lesbians are more likely to carry the gene for lesbianism, and pass that on to their children? Not that men generally need help in liking women more.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2008, 08:41:51 PM »
I have few theories on lesbians, but i've noticed many of them have been hurt by men in their lives. Also I pointed out women react differently to women than men do to men. I think it is just more natural for them to be lesbians. Also I know lots of lesbians that still like guys. Just hate them for "being ass holes." Nothing against you lesbians out there, I think what you are doing is very haut.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »
Can either of us prove one way or the other?
Let us consider the possibilities...

A) the individual changes his/her entire nature to become attracted to something he/she had no attraction to at all through sheer force of will

B) the individual is lying in order to be accepted in society through the same method millions of homosexuals have used for centuries

You're right initially, but given the rate at which many of these "converts" quickly resort back to faggotry or commit suicide indicates that I am more likely to be correct.

I vote A. 

I would like to see then numbers on the switches and re-switches.

Sure, but it doesn't answer the question.  Is it a choice to like both. or was in born into them?
There are two questions you must answer before we can continue this debate (the same goes for homosexuality):

Motivation: why would someone choose this?

Means: how would someone choose this?

Again, one cannot choose what one likes. One just likes it.

Have you ever tried something and not liked it only to try it again and maybe even again until you do?  Sashimi was that way with me.  I hated it at first.  But everyone kept raving about it.  So I would try it periodically with the same results as my first time.  It was never the taste for me it was the texture.  Finally about 2 years ago I tried it again and began to like it.  Now I have it at least once a week. 

This has already been answered.  Procreation guarantees the continuation of the species.  Do you deny this?  Is not the function of sexual attraction a way for nature to make the species procreate? 
That's true, but irrelevant.

Also, to digress a bit, are you an evolutionist now or are you just arguing from that perspective?

We already covered this.

Love is a funny word and can mean all sorts of things.  I love my entire family, mom, dad, sister.  I love my children, I loved my dog that died a while back.  I love my wife but I also am sexually attracted to her.  Do you see the difference between love and sexual attraction?  I am not sure if I am explaining exactly what I feel to be right here.  Probably not, but I'm sure someone will point out the flaws so that I can address them properly.
Yes, love is very diverse and complex. No one is disputing that. What you say is true, but I'm unsure of the point you're trying to make with it.

I don't know what I was trying to accomplish there either. 

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:19 AM »
I don't know what I was trying to accomplish there either. 

Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2008, 06:44:42 AM »
That pic is a fail.  That kid has way to much hair for it to be me.

LURK MOAR!

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2008, 08:41:40 AM »
Fix'd?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2008, 06:05:08 PM »
Hmm...a little more hideous maybe.  We're talking camera breaking ugly here.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2008, 07:31:29 PM »
* yawn *

Can we get back on topic pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry?

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »
Have you ever tried something and not liked it only to try it again and maybe even again until you do?  Sashimi was that way with me.  I hated it at first.  But everyone kept raving about it.  So I would try it periodically with the same results as my first time.  It was never the taste for me it was the texture.  Finally about 2 years ago I tried it again and began to like it.  Now I have it at least once a week. 

So you are saying gayness is an acquired taste?
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »
You lied to me, Wardogg! You're paying for my anus transplant.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »

So you are saying gayness is an acquired taste?

What I'm saying is, your not born that way.

You lied to me, Wardogg! You're paying for my anus transplant.

Who?  What?  Me?  Say it isn't so.  And why am I paying again?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2008, 03:24:34 AM »
You told me to try it 7 or 8 times. I'm still not gay, and my arse hurts.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>