I see no holes in the theory just theory.

• 41 Replies

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
Re: I see no holes in the theory just theory.
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »
To set up 2 or 3 alts and then have them argue with themselves is quite an accomplishment... I reckon it's narc.

I don't understand, alts? narc?

LOL... say no more ;)

I'm pretty sure there are (at least) four.
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 10:56:04 AM »
So, I am full of "stuff" because I have witnessed first hand Shuttle launches and witnessed first hand missile launches?  Hmmm, the flat earthers are really grasping at straws this time.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:33 AM »
So, I am full of "stuff" because I have witnessed first hand Shuttle launches and witnessed first hand missile launches?  Hmmm, the flat earthers are really grasping at straws this time.

Please don't mistake a noob troll with 35 posts for a real FEer.  ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »
My apologies Roundy.   :-[

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »
My apologies Roundy.   :-[

That's okay, I forgive you.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »
Lets consider an exsperament for proof of FE or RE. This example may even give you something to refine how FE works.

Lets take a perfect day with absolutly no wind. Now we point a gun straight up relative to the earth and fire a round into the air. With absolutly no wind the bulet on a FE would travel strait up till it ran out of volosity and then the FE would catch up with it causing the bulet to land within a close proximity to the gun. On a RE that built would land several houndred yards to the west of the gun due to the RE rotation.

Now lets assume you cuduct this exsperament under as close to calm conditions as possible. On a FE even with a 5 MPH wind the bulet could be found fairly close to the gun and not due west. But what if you find that it reacts as you would expect from a RE. If that happened you would need to refine yout theory to prevent that from disproving FE.

So i prapose you revise the FE theory. It doesn't make sence that the son and moon are able to circle above the FE yet we are unable to get our own craft to do the same. Now if you where to claim that FE in fact rotates while the son and moon also rotate due to there slight gravitational atraction to the FE. This makes your fact of space travel being imposible more probable. Other wise how are the son, moon, stars and FE traveling up yet we are not able to get objects to do the same and maintain there position over the earth.

The thing i can't get past is how statalite TV works. If there are no satalites in space then why is a dish needed to point into the sky to receive teh TV signal? If that dish isn't pointed in the right dirrection then no signal is received. The further south you live the further you have to point the dish up in order to receive the signal. So if there are no satalites up there then where is the signal coming from?
This won't work, in RE, the Earth won't move underneath the bullet. Consider it like a slingshot. If you're in the car, and you toss a ball up while the car is moving at a constant motion, the ball should land right where it is tossed, if done correctly, unless you were to do this outside of a car, friction in the air causes the ball to fly backwards, but that's not my point.

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
First off, this is my first post, I just found this forum while looking up crazy stuff, and this is really up there. I'm not quite sure where to begin since I have so much to say.  I'm not an expert and won't try to look like one.  All I AM an expert in is my own experiences and what I've been around.

1.  My cousin is an astronaut that has actually gone into space AND the International Space Station.  I've been able to tour NASA and see the components being sent up in the shuttles.  I've witnessed 2 shuttle launches, and I assure you I've never been threatened, bribed (I wish I had been!) or anything else.  There are usually several hundred people there to watch the launch, many with telescopes and they watch the shuttle climb.    I've also used a telescope to see the shuttle while its in space.  How do I know its the shuttle?  Look through a strong telescope and tell me that isn't the shuttle.

2.  Your theory on satellite tv just doesn't add up.  My dish has to be pointed at the right area of the southern sky, or it doesn't work.  It also doesn't work if I cover it up with something.  Last winter it was covered with ice and I had to climb out on my roof and knock it off for it to work again.  If it were just a broadcast of some sort, it would no matter what direction I pointed it.  Also, what about satellite radio?  Again, it has to have a clear line of sight into the southern sky or it doesn't work.  I've lost signal when driving through tunnels, trees or even next to semi's on the highway.  If it were just a radio signal that was tricking me into believing it was satellite why would the signal be lost in those instances? 

Thats the 2 big ones I've seen so far.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 12:16:14 AM »
1.  My cousin is an astronaut that has actually gone into space AND the International Space Station.  I've been able to tour NASA and see the components being sent up in the shuttles.  I've witnessed 2 shuttle launches, and I assure you I've never been threatened, bribed (I wish I had been!) or anything else.  There are usually several hundred people there to watch the launch, many with telescopes and they watch the shuttle climb.    I've also used a telescope to see the shuttle while its in space.  How do I know its the shuttle?  Look through a strong telescope and tell me that isn't the shuttle.

You won't find an FE'er accepting that at face value. Since you say you are related to an astronaut, FE proponents will simply dismiss your claims as NASA propaganda if they feel the need. Also, if you've watched a shuttle through a telescope, FE'ers will challenge you to prove beyond doubt that it was a shuttle and not just an illusion/fake/lie/cucumber. If you watched it from launch, they will say you must prove that it remained in space for a long time - this is of course impossible, due to the short time until orbiting objects move beyond the horizon and out of sight.

2.  Your theory on satellite tv just doesn't add up.  My dish has to be pointed at the right area of the southern sky, or it doesn't work.  It also doesn't work if I cover it up with something.  Last winter it was covered with ice and I had to climb out on my roof and knock it off for it to work again.  If it were just a broadcast of some sort, it would no matter what direction I pointed it.  Also, what about satellite radio?  Again, it has to have a clear line of sight into the southern sky or it doesn't work.  I've lost signal when driving through tunnels, trees or even next to semi's on the highway.  If it were just a radio signal that was tricking me into believing it was satellite why would the signal be lost in those instances? 

Most FE'ers accept that there is something up there at which a sat dish needs to be pointed, though they will usually claim the objects to be suborbital objects that somehow magically remain in place, however unlikely and contradictory to FET that may be. You just can't win.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 12:24:55 AM »
Very good Maddog.  I shall eagerly await his response.

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 12:27:48 AM »
FE'ers will challenge you to prove beyond doubt that it was a shuttle and not just an illusion/fake/lie/cucumber.

That made me laugh.
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 06:29:07 AM »
And like most conspiracy theories you have developed it in such a way that any way of disproving or proving it is impossible based on the fundamental beliefs of the theory.
it cannot be dis-proven because it is true. no other reason period.
The only way to know that it is true, is to have proof.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 08:10:09 AM »
The biggest problem I see with FE'ers isnt that they believe that the earth is flat, its that any good proof offered up is dismissed as someone making it, propaganda, fake or some other way.  How do I know its the shuttle?  I could SEE it.  I challenge any FE'ers to go to a local college with a telescope when they have an open night and look at the shuttle.  But then, they will just say its faked by the college, so I say get your own telescope and look.  If you can't tell its the shuttle you may truly be blind.

I fully understand that I can't win, that isn't the point of my posting.  The point is, the theory is greatly flawed. A conspiracy of this magnitude could NEVER be kept a secret.  People have been to Antarctica and traveled all around it.  If its just an ice wall, where are all those penguins laying their eggs?  In this day and age of technology do you REALLY think someone wouldn't get a picture of this wall of ice? 

Another thing, if this conspiracy is just for money, where is it coming from?  How does having a round earth somehow make money when a flat one doesn't?  Seems to me that if the earth is flat a lot of that money they're making is being wasted on phony space programs.  Something I have yet to find is WHY would governments want a to lie about a round earth?  It makes no sense. 

A conspiracy can only stay a secret if 2 people know about it, and 1 is dead.