Sun spots, and craters on the moon.

• 53 Replies

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
Sun spots, and craters on the moon.
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:37:37 AM »
I'll admit this is a bad time for a sunspot thread, given that the sun has been sunspot free for a month and two days now, but some will crop up soon enough.

Sunspots on the sun make it's 25 day rotation period visibly apparent. In periods of heavy spotting, a full rotation of spots can be seen, even by amateurs with just box viewers and a lot of patience.

The continuity of the rotation shows that the spots are not just the random generation of directionally traveling phenomena on a flat emitter sun.

Secondly, the visible side of the moon has impact craters. With a flat moon that would be the bottom side, and even with a round moon, it's relative bottom side is still heavily impacted. How could a body like the moon get impact craters on it's bottom side?

Could it be that it's mass influenced other masses? Our flat earth is a sheep though, and the moon is a hen. That explains 100% why our earth's mass wouldn't influence other bodies. Right?
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

Re: Sun spots, and craters on the moon.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »
Secondly, the visible side of the moon has impact craters. With a flat moon that would be the bottom side, and even with a round moon, it's relative bottom side is still heavily impacted. How could a body like the moon get impact craters on it's bottom side?

Could it be that it's mass influenced other masses? Our flat earth is a sheep though, and the moon is a hen. That explains 100% why our earth's mass wouldn't influence other bodies. Right?

Maybe there are objects magically endlessly accelerating at more than 1g and for some reason, they come from the bottom - and through the 'flat' earth without hitting it and then hit the moon.  Oh and craters on the surface of the earth are from objects in our way that are magically accelerating sideways instead of up or down, thats why meteor showers come down at angles.  Or maybe they were dug out as part of a huge cover-up to hide the fact the Earth is flat and there is no such thing as an impact crater. 

LOL this fun, I should start pretending the Earth is flat, that the governments of the world actually cared enough about what people thought to cover up the fact that the Earth is flat and that I am really just a battery for giant machines and this is all a simulation.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
I'll admit this is a bad time for a sunspot thread, given that the sun has been sunspot free for a month and two days now, but some will crop up soon enough.

Sunspots on the sun make it's 25 day rotation period visibly apparent. In periods of heavy spotting, a full rotation of spots can be seen, even by amateurs with just box viewers and a lot of patience.

The continuity of the rotation shows that the spots are not just the random generation of directionally traveling phenomena on a flat emitter sun.

Once again, a post that asked questions for which there is no explanation in FE theory.

?

zeroply

• Flat Earth believer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »

How do you know that they're "impact" craters? Maybe they're naturally occurring phenomena more like the Grand Canyon.

?

dyno

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:28:25 PM »
I believe their opinion is that craters are merely surface textures. Not terrain changes.

Regardless of the ability of moderately powerful telescopes to resolve the crests and troughs on the edge of the moon.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »
No erosion on the moon, hence no natural terrain features

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:43:53 PM »
I believe their opinion is that craters are merely surface textures. Not terrain changes.

Hmm, kind of like mold on cheese I guess.

What is the difference between "texture" and "terrain changes"?

?

dyno

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
Texture like those wrapped around 3d models on computers. Just an image.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 12:12:13 PM »

Ah, I was thinking old school.  Something like the texture of sandpaper (rough), suede (soft), or other real thing.  On that basis, texture would have been the same as terrain.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »

Still no FE response or rebuttal?

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »
it's odd... it's like they've all disappeared.

Anyway... I have a guess as to what their response would be, but I'd really rather hear it from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »

They can be seen to cast shadows at certain times. So if they're just textures, I must insist on Shader Model 3 and some pretty decent normal mapping. Possibly even parallax occlusion mapping.
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

How do you know that they're "impact" craters? Maybe they're naturally occurring phenomena more like the Grand Canyon.

The Grand Canyon is forming by water erosion. Can you list any naturally occurring phenomena you feel could cause craters? I can only think of one; meteor(ite)/comet impact.

Also dozens of meteor impacts on the moon are visible during the many meteor showers every year, Perseid and Leonid most prominently. I personally have seen 3; 2 during the Perseids, and one lucky one during the Geminids.

I believe their opinion is that craters are merely surface textures. Not terrain changes. Regardless of the ability of moderately powerful telescopes to resolve the crests and troughs on the edge of the moon.

A process that is made much easier by the motions of lunar libration.

Because of lunar libration we are capable of seeing 59% of the moons surface, and at different angles. Like you say, you can clearly see the crests and troughs.

They can be seen to cast shadows at certain times. So if they're just textures, I must insist on Shader Model 3 and some pretty decent normal mapping. Possibly even parallax occlusion mapping.

If they are of the opinion that it's all just stage dressing, or an elaborate hologram, they should take it to the mad revisionist's site. It's more suited for that kind of theorizing. Besides, if it were all stage dressing, then who dressed the stage?
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »
it's odd... it's like they've all disappeared.

Anyway... I have a guess as to what their response would be, but I'd really rather hear it from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

I wonder where everyone is.

?

Dr Eon Phlatamus

• Had a bad day in the lab
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 10:54:23 PM »
For starters ... any body that looks at the sun is going to see spots .... thats a fact

next I would say that ... you said there was one peice of evidence for craters .."meteorites,comets...

thats 2 ... I can boil it down to one if you want ... "Rocks"

does that fit the description?

My theory on what happened is ... When they used to have those catapults (dark ages)

they flung alot of rocks at the moon , because they over engineered it back then.
Thinking outside the box , Doesnt include Believing the earth is round.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 11:07:32 PM »
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5469/cratersiq8.jpg
The Grand Canyon is forming by water erosion. Can you list any naturally occurring phenomena you feel could cause craters? I can only think of one; meteor(ite)/comet impact.

In my opinion the craters on the moon were caused by impacts. At one point in its life the moon faced away from the earth towards space.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 01:47:49 AM »
so there was no visible moon in the past? 

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 02:26:44 AM »
 ???   In all the years the earth has been around, we know the moon has shown only one face to the earth, how?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »
You don't really...It just seems like there would have been writings or cave drawings of a moon that suddenly went dark for a long period of time....Seeing that the earth isn't that old in FE....one would think that the Bible would have made mention of it.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 03:30:43 AM »

No. At one point before civilization the moon's face we see was pointed towards space. That's how it got its impact scars.

The face we see turned around to fact the earth due to prolonged uneven meteor collisions or some other mechanism.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:32:24 AM by Tom Bishop »

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 04:22:34 AM »

No. At one point before civilization the moon's face we see was pointed towards space. That's how it got its impact scars.

The face we see turned around to fact the earth due to prolonged uneven meteor collisions or some other mechanism.

First off, can you show any kind of proof of that, or are you talking out your arse?

Second off,
Also dozens of meteor impacts on the moon are visible during the many meteor showers every year, Perseid and Leonid most prominently. I personally have seen 3; 2 during the Perseids, and one lucky one during the Geminids.

How are bodies continuing to hit the bottom side of the moon then? There was a heavy hit ratio late last month, and a 3 hit within an hour combo was noted by not only Nasa and related space agencies, but by freelance astronomers all along the western hemisphere. I'll find the vid clip.

Why should I trust you Tom, and not people who share my own interest, and actually know a thing or two about them?

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »
In my opinion the craters on the moon were caused by impacts. At one point in its life the moon faced away from the earth towards space.

Well, at least they are finally admitting that there are craters on the Moon.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 08:15:08 PM »
First off, can you show any kind of proof of that, or are you talking out your arse?

If you want proof that the face of the moon has impact scars look up at the moon on any night.

How are bodies continuing to hit the bottom side of the moon then? There was a heavy hit ratio late last month, and a 3 hit within an hour combo was noted by not only Nasa and related space agencies, but by freelance astronomers all along the western hemisphere. I'll find the vid clip.

Why should I trust you Tom, and not people who share my own interest, and actually know a thing or two about them?

Some bodies still hit the moon's face, sure. If a meteor hits the moon from the side it can hit the moon's visible face.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 08:21:35 PM »

If you want proof that the face of the moon has impact scars look up at the moon on any night.

Some bodies still hit the moon's face, sure. If a meteor hits the moon from the side it can hit the moon's visible face.

If the FE and all of the celestial bodies are accelerating at 9.8m/s2, then how can a meteor hit the moon from the side?  Shouldn't the meteor be accelerating at 9.8m/s2 too?  Or is the UA selective in what it accelerates in a given direction?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 08:26:23 PM »
If the FE and all of the celestial bodies are accelerating at 9.8m/s2, then how can a meteor hit the moon from the side?  Shouldn't the meteor be accelerating at 9.8m/s2 too?  Or is the UA selective in what it accelerates in a given direction?

Meteors can move side to side because there is some sort of magnetic or gravometric attraction in the heavens which causes bodies to move horizontally. Stars move horizontally across the skies. The sun moves horizontally across the sky over the course of a day. Meteors and comets move horizontally across the sky as well.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »

Meteors can move side to side because there is some sort of magnetic or gravometric attraction in the heavens which causes bodies to move horizontally. Stars move horizontally across the skies. The sun moves horizontally across the sky over the course of a day. Meteors and comets move horizontally across the sky as well.

Now if only there were a way to model this odd behavior of the various celestial bodies.  Hmm...  I've got it, orbital mechanics.  Oh wait, that doesn't work in FET. 

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »
Now if only there were a way to model this odd behavior of the various celestial bodies.  Hmm...  I've got it, orbital mechanics.  Oh wait, that doesn't work in FET.

The ancients could model and predict the movement of celestial bodies just fine under Flat Earth cosmologies.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 08:50:58 PM »

The ancients could model and predict the movement of celestial bodies just fine under Flat Earth cosmologies.

So, when they spotted a comet for the first time, they were able to predict when it would return?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »
So, when they spotted a comet for the first time, they were able to predict when it would return?

No. It takes several coordinated observations to predict the path and occurrence of celestial phenomena.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 05:39:06 AM »

No. It takes several coordinated observations to predict the path and occurrence of celestial phenomena.

So you agree that RE is better at predicting the path and reoccurrence of previously unknown celestial phenomena with fewer observations.  Glad to hear it.