Big Holes in NASA Moon Landing Coverup Theory

• 4 Replies
?

ROer

Big Holes in NASA Moon Landing Coverup Theory
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
I just wanted to point out that in the "Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium" post in the forums, there are some big holes in the way NASA and other space organizations could have covered this up. The post argues that the "top 3, at most, need to know [in NASA]". Well, I think you can agree, in the late 1960's and 1970's, lots of people were working for NASA. My grandfather was friends with some. What did these people do every day if they weren't covering up the moon landing? If the government just told them to pretend to work on something, don't you think they'd be extremely suspicious? They would have to know, and if they knew, the chance of someone being outraged and exposing the truth, screwing the consequences, would be a lot higher. I read the reasons that people would have to keep the "secret" (those reasons in themselves flawed, a few firebrands could easily break loose), what's stopping someone from revealing the moon landing was fake on their deathbed? What's stopping several people from doing this? Please answer without flaming and without adolescent obscenities, and give something in-depth.

?

GravitySlave

• I think the Earth is
Re: Big Holes in NASA Moon Landing Coverup Theory
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »
I just wanted to point out that in the "Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium" post in the forums, there are some big holes in the way NASA and other space organizations could have covered this up. The post argues that the "top 3, at most, need to know [in NASA]". Well, I think you can agree, in the late 1960's and 1970's, lots of people were working for NASA. My grandfather was friends with some. What did these people do every day if they weren't covering up the moon landing? If the government just told them to pretend to work on something, don't you think they'd be extremely suspicious? They would have to know, and if they knew, the chance of someone being outraged and exposing the truth, screwing the consequences, would be a lot higher. I read the reasons that people would have to keep the "secret" (those reasons in themselves flawed, a few firebrands could easily break loose), what's stopping someone from revealing the moon landing was fake on their deathbed? What's stopping several people from doing this? Please answer without flaming and without adolescent obscenities, and give something in-depth.

There could be a few explanations as to why people haven't talked on their deathbeds.

1.  Payments sent to still living relatives for X amount of years even after death.  These payments could be listed as either insurance benefits or something along those lines.
2.  Threats to still living relatives.
3.  Loyalty to the conspiracy much like faith in god or something.  People who truly believe in what they think is a "greater good" will take that information even to their death bed.
The gravitation influence of the stars is just less over the North Pole than it is over other areas, that's all.

?

zeroply

• Flat Earth believer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »

Well, many of those people were at instrument panels which weren't connected to anything. When they flicked switch A, the screen would show that thrust had been changed to B. Or they worked out flight paths that were never used or developed metal alloys that could be used for other things. It's the same as Iran and their photoshopped missile launches. I don't think everyone in the Iranian government has to be in on it.

There are still consequences to revealing things on your deathbed. How come no one has come forward about Area 51 on their deathbed? Even if there were no extraterrestrial involvement, wouldn't someone give out the real explanation for all the weirdness?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
There are still consequences to revealing things on your deathbed. How come no one has come forward about Area 51 on their deathbed?

Do you mean like the lawsuits against the government for Area 51 hazardous waste?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51#Environmental_lawsuit
http://www.ufomind.com/area51/events/waste_lawsuit/
http://www.ufomind.com/area51/articles/1996/60min_960317.html
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
Well, apparently some people do speak on their deathbed.  This was something small like chemical contamination, not something big like a multi-national conspiracy to defraud governments out of Billions of dollars a year, publish false information and data, and the launching of spacecraft, satellites and space stations.