The Definitive Star Trails Thread

• 39 Replies
The Definitive Star Trails Thread
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:35:23 AM »
So here we go. According to RET, stars trails are created by the revolution of the earth around its axis, which is also exactly the celestial axis. Now if one were to take a camera, point it at the North celestail pole, or the south celestial pole, depending on what hemisphere you are in, all the stars in the sky would revolve around that point, and you would get a picture that looks like this:

Now the fact that there is one celestial pole on earth, pointing in both the true north and south direction, easily explains why this happens on a RE. But, if I am not wrong, on a FE, this would not happen because there is no one point in FET that is south.

Miss anything?
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

Re: The Definitive Star Trails Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:38:15 AM »
Miss anything?

You forgot the multiple gears with their carbon copies of the stars that miraculously copy the behavior of the stars on the other disks.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
Have some serious replies, please?
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »
Read more about Tom Bishop's celestial gears.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:04:58 AM »

Nice, where?

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 09:06:11 AM »
that tree looks incredibly fake.
Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:02:16 AM »
Also, the picture is not suppose to be proof. It is suppose to give you an idea of what I am talking about. In fact, if you live in a decently uncrowded area, you could make your own Star Trails.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »

I was thinking Beetlejuice myself.  Nice fucking model!!  Honk Honk.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »

Nice, where?
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=22746.0

Thread has nothing to do with Star Trails, or gears in the sky.
hmm... the name of the thread is "The Big Gears in the Sky"... sounds pretty descriptive to me.

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 10:47:40 AM »

Nice, where?
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=22746.0

Thread has nothing to do with Star Trails, or gears in the sky.
hmm... the name of the thread is "The Big Gears in the Sky"... sounds pretty descriptive to me.

Read the thread, it is about navigation.

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »
yes that tree must be part of the conspiracy!!! alert everyone that the fake tree proves beyond doubt that the government is hiding something and the earth is flat!!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
Wow, everyone is just so intelligent on this board, that they focus on the tree. If you have anything to say about the tree, I do not care, shut the fuck up.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »
NO U!!

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 11:59:51 PM »
Wow, everyone is just so intelligent on this board, that they focus on the tree. If you have anything to say about the tree, I do not care, shut the fuck up.

The trees are bristlecone pine. They normally look that way.

Check out this thread here where I ask basically the same question.

The thread posted By FETftw does have a lot of similar info in it. This one does as well. Like a lot of threads here though, they go off tangent a lot. It's hard to get a straight answer sometimes.
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 12:11:43 AM »
Like a lot of threads here though, they go off tangent a lot. It's hard to get a straight answer sometimes.
thats not true.
anyways, where do those trees normally grow?

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 12:13:35 AM »
If the rotation is due to gears in the sky, though, then why would these "gears" appear to be at a 60 degree (at a guess) angle rather than being parallel to the Earth?

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 12:14:47 AM »
If the rotation is due to gears in the sky, though, then why would these "gears" appear to be at a 60 degree (at a guess) angle rather than being parallel to the Earth?
blame the light and the atmosphere.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »
They say bendy light, and that would actually even work for one gear, or any point directly between 2 gears, in a swath pretty much like this, if the white points were where you chose to put the focals for your gears.

In any other positions on the globe though you would notice wild fluctuations in the distances between the rim stars, whether with bendy light theory, or contemporary light behavior.

You just don't see these variances in real life.

Like a lot of threads here though, they go off tangent a lot. It's hard to get a straight answer sometimes.
thats not true.
anyways, where do those trees normally grow?

They grow mostly on the west coast, and in the Rockies The oldest specimens are found in the white mountains. Specimens of them are the oldest organisms on the planet. One known as Prometheus was cut and dated at @4900 years old, and the current living oldest specimen is Methuselah, dated at @4750 years old. learn more here, and here.

And if you're saying that threads don't go off on tangents, then maybe we don't agree on what a tangent is. If you're saying it's not hard to get a straight answer, you can go ahead and answer a few of my questions for me... I'm still waiting on a lot of them.
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »
Nice, where?

Here is one of many threads...

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=22480.0

My answer was serious.  The answer about the gears is the one that you would get.

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »
They say bendy light, and that would actually even work for one gear, or any point directly between 2 gears, in a swath pretty much like this, if the white points were where you chose to put the focals for your gears.

In any other positions on the globe though you would notice wild fluctuations in the distances between the rim stars, whether with bendy light theory, or contemporary light behavior.

You just don't see these variances in real life.

I like the graphic.  I wonder how long it will be before it is posted by FEers as an explanation.  I really liked your turtle one coming back as "proof" of how the system worked.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 02:10:15 AM »
I like the graphic.  I wonder how long it will be before it is posted by FEers as an explanation.  I really liked your turtle one coming back as "proof" of how the system worked.

Yeah that was awesome, and thanks. I kind of expected it to come back though, since it's as accurate as I could get to what they are actually suggesting, except I've been told that the elephants should be standing on the turtle's back.

I don't expect this one to come back though. I purposely picked 2 rim stars to show the visible distance variance, and that's bound to catch the attention of an observant poster. I'm more kind of hoping and expecting RE'ers to use this in similar threads as a refuting point.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 06:32:41 AM »
I think the gear thing was Tom's theory.  Something has happened to him though. He's not trolling as much.  I haven't seen him in a while.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 06:45:33 AM »
Yeah, but it's my anim I'm talking about...

over 9000 hours in paint last thursday.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 06:47:53 AM »
They are very good animations. 

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »
Uh. so the stars rotate around an infinite number of point, so there are an infinite number of celestial gears? I imagine we are going  back to the times of Aristotle such, who believed in who believed in crystal spheres holding up the stars

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »
Uh. so the stars rotate around an infinite number of point, so there are an infinite number of celestial gears? I imagine we are going  back to the times of Aristotle such, who believed in who believed in crystal spheres holding up the stars

No... I think the FEers still think in terms of a finite number of gears, perhaps 4 (one central and 3 rim). "Infinite" would be too easy to disprove. Any number large enough that you can get 2 "poles" in the same picture frame at the same time (clearly above the horizon) would be bad news for us RE'ers. And since such a thing has never been observed, I assume FE-ers don't think there's more than "a few".

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »
Wow. This is totally beyond crazy, I have to admit. Aristotle, are you still out there? You and your 54 concentric crystal domes of stars? Oh, yes. Yes indeed. Just trolling the FE forum.

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »
Wow. This is totally beyond crazy, I have to admit. Aristotle, are you still out there? You and your 54 concentric crystal domes of stars? Oh, yes. Yes indeed. Just trolling the FE forum.

It is beyond crazy. See my thread here for a possible explanation of what's really going on.

In the mean time... assuming this is legit... no... strike that... if this WERE legit then some FE'er would be writing all this down in a "to-do" sort of list of issues that are resolved and issues that need resolving.

Some people just quickly pop in, and think they have a new issue that hasn't been discussed before. Some of these people barely understand physics, but for whatever reason, there's a bunch of noise in here.

However, there's a lot of good stuff (edit)here too(/edit) and frankly, if the FE-ers were serious, they'd be using this stuff... but they're letting it all go to waste. Consequently I do not believe there is any serious FE-er here.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:32:41 PM by oldsoldier »