Seriously

• 39 Replies
Seriously
« on: September 01, 2008, 06:08:46 PM »
if the Ice Wall is guaded, has anyone any pictures of the guards that supposidly guard it? If the government/NASA do instigate this massive conspiracy, why? You cannont simply say 'money probably', there is no feasable reason for the government to make this up, how would they benefit from having people believe the world and the earth is something it is not.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Seriously
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:16:23 PM »
I don't believe that the ice wall is guarded.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:19:29 PM »
so why has no one got any photographic evidence of it's existence?

?

Atheist Antagonist

• PREPARE FOR TROUBLE! AND MAKE IT DOUBLE!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
And why does nobody here even seem to take into account all the explorers who have been to the Antarctic? If there is no Antarctica, where did they film March of the Penguins? Wait, don't tell me that's in the FAQ too. I'll go look it up...
I LIVE TO DISPEL THE STUPIDITY OF THE IGNORANT MASSES

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:28:19 PM »
I'm not trying to mock anyone or change anyone's opinions, becuase I believe in freedom and the freedom to believe whatever you want. BUT I do think that if you believe in something, you should be able to be challenged in your belief. I simply want to know why you FE'rs choose to believe such a farfetched theory when a much simplier, more proven one is available?

?

Atheist Antagonist

• PREPARE FOR TROUBLE! AND MAKE IT DOUBLE!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 06:30:05 PM »
AHA! For once, your precious post-preventing FAQ fails you, Flat Earth Society! I finally have a valid point!
I LIVE TO DISPEL THE STUPIDITY OF THE IGNORANT MASSES

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 06:53:40 PM »
so why has no one got any photographic evidence of it's existence?

There's plenty of photographic evidence.

And why does nobody here even seem to take into account all the explorers who have been to the Antarctic? If there is no Antarctica, where did they film March of the Penguins? Wait, don't tell me that's in the FAQ too. I'll go look it up...

It was filmed on the ice wall.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 06:54:53 PM »
could you direct me to some of this photographic evidence?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »
Sure.

They're all over the internet.  Just do a google image search for "Antarctica".

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »
but there is also people that have taken pictures OVER those mountains, these pictures proving that there is land further then this 'Ice Wall'

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
but there is also people that have taken pictures OVER those mountains, these pictures proving that there is land further then this 'Ice Wall'

That's correct.

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »
There is indeed land further than the Ice Wall...what of it?

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 07:24:59 PM »
so the Ice Wall is not the edge of the planet?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
Not in my view.  Some FEers theorize that there's another, larger ice wall much further outland than the primary ice wall that holds the oceans.  Since I'm a zetetic and there's no evidence for such a "greater ice wall" I reject this theory.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »
Others even theorize that the earth is an infinite plain bisecting the universe - so any land beyond the Ice Wall could stretch forever!

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
sorry this is getting ridiculous. This is becoming more of a philisophical debate than a geographical practical one. I was hoping for you guys to prove/disprove some existance of any kind proof of your claims. I wasn't looking for a debate into a teapot circulating the planet.

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 07:38:07 PM »
Teapots? That's just silly!

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 07:41:42 PM »
and you don't think the government killing anyone who gets near the edge of a flat world, covering up all evidence of such a planet, making up fake science, and lying to everyone on the planet isn't? If you don't believe the world is round, you can't believe in any kind of common religion, nor in evolution, nor in the big bang theory, nor in most normal sciences.

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 07:43:31 PM »
Why not?

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »
becuase it goes against everything we are taught and learn from the moment we are educated. Any theory of normal science about gravity, space, time, physics, ie the big bang etc, need the world to be round for them to make any sense. You appear to throw out the theory of gravity pretty simply, but how can you do so with the rest of science. You offer very little, uneducated evidence to prove your conclusions.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
and you don't think the government killing anyone who gets near the edge of a flat world, covering up all evidence of such a planet, making up fake science, and lying to everyone on the planet isn't? If you don't believe the world is round, you can't believe in any kind of common religion, nor in evolution, nor in the big bang theory, nor in most normal sciences.

I don't believe in any common religion.  I'm a Mithraist.  It's an old religion with few modern practitioners.

To the other points, I've never seen any evidence that evolution or the Big Bang is not true so since they seem to most accurately fit the evidence we have why not believe them?  I'm not so cynical that I only believe things I've witnessed first-hand. 

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »
but your views on the planet being flat contradict the views you apparently believe about science and the big bang

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »
becuase it goes against everything we are taught and learn from the moment we are educated. Any theory of normal science about gravity, space, time, physics, ie the big bang etc, need the world to be round for them to make any sense. You appear to throw out the theory of gravity pretty simply, but how can you do so with the rest of science. You offer very little, uneducated evidence to prove your conclusions.
So science is only what you've had drilled into you from birth? ::)

If you look over some of the older threads here, you'll find plenty of educated evidence of the earth being flat.

Oh, and just to save you any future embarassment, gravity does not exist.

I don't believe in any common religion.  I'm a Mithraist.  It's an old religion with few modern practitioners.
Win.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »
but your views on the planet being flat contradict the views you apparently believe about science and the big bang

How?

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 07:54:03 PM »

So science is only what you've had drilled into you from birth? ::)

If you look over some of the older threads here, you'll find plenty of educated evidence of the earth being flat.

Oh, and just to save you any future embarassment, gravity does not exist.

could you direct me to such evidence and I don't see how you think I am embaressing myself.

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
Read the FAQ and use the search function. They should answer any question you might have.

Oh, and I consider anyone who publicly declares a belief in magic to be embarrassing themselves. ::)

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
if we are being personal, who really would be more embarressed when asked to reveal their beliefs about the world, to practically anyone, me, or you?

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 08:15:50 PM »
Hey, at least I don't believe in gravitons; the "tooth fairies" of RE science that sew your feet to the ground to stop you from floating away. ::)

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 08:18:53 PM »
I'm not well enough educated in gravity or it's theories to really make any kind of a reply, but it makes enough sense to me. Things are pulled together, and the mass of an object determins the force of the pull. As the planet is the biggest thing around here, we are pulled pretty hard to it.

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
So, you agree with the following?

Mass + Magic = Gravity?