Distance proof.

• 17 Replies
Distance proof.
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:02:12 PM »
RE Facts
Polar Radius 6,356.8 Km
FE Facts
Radius 23,255 Km (Taken from FAQ and translated into Km)
Has anyone ever tried to head in a straight line from the Arctic Circle to Antarctica?

Because surely, if anybody did, the sailor would feel quite a difference, and would know whether he was navigating 23000 km or 6000 km.

I am sure that if there was a conspiracy of this magnitude, GPS would be part of it. However, any sailor, or people with a tad of common sense would feel a 16,000 km difference while navigating from the Arctic to Antarctica.

What you guys think? is there anything i am missing or wrong?

So..is a FE going to prove me wrong?
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

And i wonder..Do penguins ever fall in space? Because that Ice Wall bust be pretty High!

Now it all makes sense!!! That's why we could never prove Santa!! He must be hiding at the Ice Wall!!

:D no

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Distance proof.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »
What does a 16,000 km difference feel like?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »
feels like a 32 hours extra journey if traveling at the speed of 500km/h.

I am also suggesting that it could be an expensive way to prove one theory or the other. Since FE say that GPS are misleading, this could be the way for finally ending the argument; because any directions you take from the Arctic Circle would lead you to Antarctica (assuming FE map is correct)

Thank you for answering lol! took sometime to get someone to!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:59:33 PM by McKee »
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

And i wonder..Do penguins ever fall in space? Because that Ice Wall bust be pretty High!

Now it all makes sense!!! That's why we could never prove Santa!! He must be hiding at the Ice Wall!!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »
I'm not sure I can trust your math, you are out to get me after all.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »
lol..

excuse my tireness, but im wrong actually.lol

the distance from the North to South Pole (in RE terms) is 20,003 Km..so there is a difference of 3000 Km between the FE and RE distance from Arctic to Antarctica..but my point still stands..its just slightly harder to prove.
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 04:38:25 PM »
..and thts like a 5 or 6 hours flight from Senegal to North France.. with a 767 aircraft cruising at approximately 850km/h
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:41:51 PM by McKee »
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »
What if you went the entire distance in a rowboat?  Probably wouldn't notice the difference at all.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
lol..I highly doubt u would make it to lol..

but u knw wt? im going 2 sleep lol..im tired of this 4 today!! haha

thanx for answering !
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

?

zeroply

• Flat Earth believer
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
Has anyone ever tried to head in a straight line from the Arctic Circle to Antarctica?

As I have mentioned previously, how exactly are you going to know that you are going in a straight line? Try taking a compass and walking 5km in a straight line in the woods, and see how straight it winds up being.

You can't use a RE map or GPS to make sure the line is straight - you're using the expected results to generate your data.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
Well you do realize that if you navigated from the Artic to Antartica, and if you were using a missleading GPS, you would still get a value for your journey, and if that value was greater than 20000km that would be a proof in FE's advantage.

But then again, how can you prove the distance?

And about avigating in a straight line...hmm..use the stars? jk!
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

?

zeroply

• Flat Earth believer
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:52:56 PM »
Well you do realize that if you navigated from the Artic to Antartica, and if you were using a missleading GPS, you would still get a value for your journey, and if that value was greater than 20000km that would be a proof in FE's advantage.

You'd get a value, and it should correspond well with the value you expect from a RE model.

You'd get the same value on a map with polar projection which assumes a flat earth.

What you're trying to do but skirting is to measure curvature using geodesics and angles. A single straight trip won't help you.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 01:13:14 PM »
Lock this thread.
Noob question.
Read the FAQ.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »
Lock this thread.
Noob question.
Read the FAQ.

Ban this idiot.

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »
Ban this idiot.

Thank You!
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 05:18:56 PM »
RE Facts
Polar Radius 6,356.8 Km
FE Facts

Because surely, if anybody did, the sailor would feel quite a difference, and would know whether he was navigating 23000 km or 6000 km.

I am sure that if there was a conspiracy of this magnitude, GPS would be part of it. However, any sailor, or people with a tad of common sense would feel a 16,000 km difference while navigating from the Arctic to Antarctica.

You are wrong. QED
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »
You are wrong. QED

And you are obviously blind :p jk..I know, ive pointed out it was a mistake after a couple of posts.
FET = Fake Earth Theory
RET = Real Earth Theory

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »
I know. I also pointed that out.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »
RE Facts
Polar Radius 6,356.8 Km
FE Facts

North/South Distance on FE is the same as on RE.  Fail.