Yes, it is a birthmark.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
Re: Flat Earth Thread Sprouts on Volconzo
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
All right!  I signed up!

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:50:18 AM »
Well, it looks like FE has the same problem rectifying their worldview with actual observations on that site as well.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:53:20 AM »
Well, it looks like FE has the same problem rectifying their worldview with actual observations on that site as well.

I've made many observations which have suggested a Flat Earth.

What observations have you made suggesting a round one?

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 02:00:25 AM »
I've made many observations which have suggested a Flat Earth.

What observations have you made suggesting a round one?

Well, we could start with celestial observations for navigation in both the northern and southern hemisphere.  There is also the measuring of distances to objects based on their height above the horizon.  There is the calculation of courses and distances between ports that can't be justified by the FE geography.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 02:20:23 AM »
Well, we could start with celestial observations for navigation in both the northern and southern hemisphere.  There is also the measuring of distances to objects based on their height above the horizon.  There is the calculation of courses and distances between ports that can't be justified by the FE geography.

I've never read or seen any accounts of such observations confirming celestial bodies to be where predicted.

I have read many books with accounts where RE Theory fails, however. Look up any Astronomical Anomaly book in your local library to see collections of thousands of accounts from astronomers which contradict the current model.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:22:18 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 04:14:39 AM »
I've never read or seen any accounts of such observations confirming celestial bodies to be where predicted.

How many and of what type would you like?

I can post them if you desire.  I am also sure that the amateur astronomers that frequent this site could also post them.

I have read many books with accounts where RE Theory fails, however. Look up any Astronomical Anomaly book in your local library to see collections of thousands of accounts from astronomers which contradict the current model.

I might just do that.  It might make for interesting reading.  What if those books never mention the fact that the Earth is flat?

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 04:21:06 AM »
I might just do that.  It might make for interesting reading.  What if those books never mention the fact that the Earth is flat?
Ah - that would simply prove the conspiracy.
I believe the earth is flat because I have a brain the size of a peanut.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 06:20:54 AM »

i would like to hear some of these "anomalys" if you please tom? as a keen astronomr i would be very interested, yet doubt that my local library would have said books. as it only just has four walls and a door :o

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 08:04:06 AM »

News flash!!  The moon was observed exactly where it was predicted to be by RET.  Full story at 11:00.

Yes, I could see how that would make headlines.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.