How does sunset happen?

• 82 Replies
?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
How does sunset happen?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2006, 05:04:30 PM »
Quote from: "Sas"
Look seriously if one can't CONSISTENTLY argue against round-earth, how can you expect people to have any respect for the arguments?

I except people to criticize the argument, not the arguer.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2006, 05:45:26 PM »
You wouldn't know tone of writing if it came up and bit you on the ass.

Why does it sound like I'm to commit "bloody murder"?

Often on this website, as you mustve noticed by now,
Posters often end up attacking another member of the board based on their argument.
 I Feel Like A One-Legged Man In An Ass Kicking Contest

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
How does sunset happen?
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2006, 05:50:52 PM »
Quote from: "Scruffy"
You wouldn't know tone of writing if it came up and bit you on the ass.

Ooh, burned!

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2006, 06:04:24 PM »
so the sun is getting further away and produces the optical illusion of a sunset. The weird thing is the sun looks actually smaller during midday when it is right over us than at sunset.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »
Just so you know Erasmus (You probably do already) That comment wasn't aimed at you.

This just struck me,

The Flat Earth Model says nothing about the composition of the sun.
Only its estimated size.

How does anyone explain the amount of energy expelled by the sun compared to its size?

It's definetly powered by fission.

Fission requires space, lots of space.

Otherwise we'd all be dead by now.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
How does sunset happen?
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2006, 11:42:43 PM »
How does anyone explain the amount of energy expelled by the sun compared to its size? ... It's definetly powered by fission.

First off, I think you mean fusion, not fission, but it's a minor point.

It might also be powered by collapse.  As the sun slowly contracts under its own gravity,  gravitational potential energy is converted into radiated energy.

Then again, I'm not sure what you think is the problem with the sun's energy: does it seem to you to be too much for the FE model, or too little?

Fission requires space, lots of space.

Hmmm.... powerful thermonuclear detonations are harmless hundreds of miles away, and the sun is thousands of miles away.  Power decreases by the inverse of the square of the distance, right?  So the irradiation of a square meter on the sun's surface is 9,000,000 times stronger than the irradiation of a square meter on the Earth's surface.

-Erasmus

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
Got you there.

The FE theory says the Sun is closer than a few thousand miles.

It also says the sun is a very small mass.

It matters wether its fission or fusion. Fission takes much more space and produces much more energy.

Such a fission system does not exist on Earth.
Nuclear arms are powered by fusion. Requires a lot less space and produces less energy.

It also says in the FE model, Gravity doesn't exist.

It says the fact that the Earth moves upward at the same speed as gravity would push down.

Saying the sun is powered by fission, which it must be,
and is in the same position as in the FE model,
We would all have skin cancer 10 minutes after birth.

But because the sun is powered by fission,
It has to be much further away.
So theres another hole in the FE model.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
How does sunset happen?
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2006, 01:20:27 PM »
It matters wether its fission or fusion. Fission takes much more space and produces much more energy.

Such a fission system does not exist on Earth.

You do realize, I hope, that all nuclear power plants are fission based?

Nuclear arms are powered by fusion.

...and that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs were fission-based?

Requires a lot less space and produces less energy.

...and that that isn't true either?

Maybe this is just a vocabulary thing.  Fusion is the "fusing together" of two lighter atoms to produce a heavier atom.  Fission is the creation of a "fissure" in a heavier element so that it splits into two lighter elements.

Both of these reactions can take place in objects no bigger than a garbage can, and both have taken place innumerable times on our planet.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
You expect me to just lie down now that youve pulled facts straight out of your ass?

I will give you this,

I had my terms confused.

The sun is powered by nuclear fusion.
Fission powers A-bombs.

My mistake Fusion does take place in hydrogen bombs (H-bombs).

Hydrogen bombs are significantly more destructive.

My point still stands.

The sun is powered by fusion,
Fusion is very powerful,
powerful enough to be very deadly if it were at the range that the FE theory says its at.

Also "You do realize, I hope, that all nuclear power plants are fission based? " is not a question.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
You expect me to just lie down now that youve pulled facts straight out of your ass?

I will give you this,

I had my terms confused.

The sun is powered by nuclear fusion.
Fission powers A-bombs.

My mistake Fusion does take place in hydrogen bombs (H-bombs).

Hydrogen bombs are significantly more destructive.

My point still stands.

The sun is powered by fusion,
Fusion is very powerful,
powerful enough to be very deadly if it were at the range that the FE theory says its at.

Also "You do realize, I hope, that all nuclear power plants are fission based? " is not a question.

What is your basis of the idea that If the sun were 3000 miles away the fussion would be deadly?

There were people observing the Bikini Island explosions.  American soldiers watched the explosions from the ship Mt. McKinley, which was nine miles offshore.  Admittedly, this was one blast, not a continual reaction, and the long term effects on the soldiers was horrible, but we are talking about 9 miles, not 3000 or so.  We also know that the magnetic field sheilding the earth helps protect us from the sun's radiation.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2006, 03:16:56 PM »
Is it 3000 miles the FE theory states?

I could of swore they mention it was a lot closer.

The largest nuclear weapon ever detonated, Tsar Bomb, was a Soviet 50 megaton bomb, dropped near the Artic Circle in 1961.

The fucking thing was large enough to give people 3rd degree burns from 60 miles away.

They calculated that the period of time for which the reaction took place, less than a second, only gave off 1% the amount of energy the Sun released in the same amount of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

Can't believe I didn't bring this up at the beginning of this thread.

I stumbled upon this information a day or so ago.

?

refuter

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2006, 03:35:26 PM »
Quote from: "flyingleaf"
Quote from: "You undeducated morons"
Quote from: "mariaconda"
There's no sunset you morons!! If the sun never dips below the horizon there can't be a sunset, no can there? Have you ever actually seen a sunset with your own eyes? I didn't think so, CAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! It's just a myth, so shut up about the stupid nonexistent sunset.

Oh, I see, it is one of those handy 'optical illusions', right? Caused by 'atmospheric conditions'? :wink:

To be fair, your question is unreasonable, which is why nobody answered.

It's as if you asked your science teacher to explain mirages and said, "But don't use 'optical illusion' in your explanation.  I want to know why on a hot day, water gathers in pools far away from you, and then drains suddenly when you get near it!  It's not an illusion, I could see the water right there, and now it's gone!"

NO! IT would be like being asked to explain how an optical illsion works, and saying that it's what causes mirages :lol:

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2006, 06:18:45 PM »
wouldnt it be better if u fools just accepted that the Earth is round?

i mean it would seriously have to take the interlect of a 4 year old to ignore the current scientific technology and discoveries that show that the earth is round.

its simple, u guys are wrong, the world is round. the sunset is caused as the earth slowly spins until the sun is out of sight. how does the sun move around in the sky if it is simply moving to and from the earth?

i think the only positive thing to come out of this site is the humour of how dense u guys are up top.
he world is round u stupid f*cks...

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2006, 06:47:54 PM »
He's blunt and has poor grammar/spelling but he has a point.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
How does sunset happen?
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2006, 06:54:33 PM »
He's blunt and has poor grammar/spelling but he has a point.

No, pretty much all he's got is the bluntness and the poor linguistic skills.  Obviously nobody who regularly posts on this site feels that he is wasting his time.  Who is this clown to tell us otherwise?

If the only point of his post is to tell us that we're all fools, then he's more the fool for saying so.  Anybody who thinks this site is a waste of time is invited not to return.  Everybody else is welcome.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2006, 08:07:29 PM »
I wouldn't call that a true statement.

I would say this site is a waste of time.

I actually planned to stop returning as soon as my topics died down.
(I get notifications via email)

This is why I haven't started any new topics.

I've grown weary of trying to talk to you savages.

You just don't listen to reason
and that's just the posters that feel the Earth is flat.

The rest of these people that actually get a kick out of this just irritate the fuck out of me.

I wonder what kind of life it is they're having fun not having.

I feel especially pissed when I see how many posts are done on weekends.

Then I think about how much money in bandwidth this site takes to operate.

It's just all around a waste.

I've just decided to stop being pissed and start not caring.

Enjoy your sespool of stupidity (wether this site if for real or not).

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »

They calculated that the period of time for which the reaction took place, less than a second, only gave off 1% the amount of energy the Sun released in the same amount of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

Can't believe I didn't bring this up at the beginning of this thread.

I stumbled upon this information a day or so ago.

1. Who are they?  "They" can rarely be trusted.
2. they calculated based on the assumption that the Sun is of a specific size and distance, Change those variables, and the calculations are different
3. As I have written elswhere, the Van Allen Belts and possibly other feilds rduce the level of radiation form the sun, regardless of which theory you subscribe to.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2006, 08:28:19 PM »
Quote from: "URALLRETARDS"
wouldnt it be better if u fools just accepted that the Earth is round?.

Didn't they pretty much say that to Galileo, Copernicus, Darwin, and anyone else who dared to challenge the accepted theories, and think outside the box (or in this case Globe).

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2006, 08:28:44 PM »
the only reason my spelling/grammar is poor is because im from another forum, who has posted ur site up purely for a laugh.

on forums we dont need to focus so much on how its being said, but what is being said.

and the irony of u calling me a clown, when u are the one putting urself in front of the internet to be laughed at.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2006, 08:34:17 PM »
Quote from: "Doubter"
Quote from: "URALLRETARDS"
wouldnt it be better if u fools just accepted that the Earth is round?.

Didn't they pretty much say that to Galileo, Copernicus, Darwin, and anyone else who dared to challenge the accepted theories, and think outside the box (or in this case Globe).

yeh difference then, is noone actually had the scientific evidence they do today, so even though they may have said that to him, they didnt really know, it was just a strong, wide-spread opinion as opposed to now days where it is actual scientific facts.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
How does sunset happen?
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2006, 09:24:18 PM »
(I get notifications via email)

You can disable that by going to the "Profile" (first button on the top menu).

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »
Your name is quite prejudiced mister 'You are all Uneducated'. Arriving here I found the users educated quite broadly, very open-minded and well-mannered. If anything, they know a considerable amount more than the earth than your average 'round-earther' and in some cases they know more then Presidents.
-ujb.

How does sunset happen?
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2006, 11:59:34 AM »
I know I can unsubscribe should I find it necesary.

"They" Are located in that source of mine I placed a link to.

The amount of energy the Sun gives off could be calculated in other ways than determining its size.

As for the Van Allen Belts,

Check out my math here,

1% of the Suns power for the duration of a few nanoseconds can cause third degree burns from 60 miles away.

That means 100% of the Sun's power for the duration of a few nanoseconds could cause third degree burns from 6000 miles away.

Do you really think anything could protect you from that much energy?

All of those scientists had proof for there claims.

All fe ers have are conspiracy theories.