Age-Old Conspiracy

• 3 Replies

The One True Rat

• Cannot Understand Sarcasm
Age-Old Conspiracy
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »
Ok, this isnt another conspiracy thread that we all have come to hate.
I have read the FAQ as well as the conspiracy compendium thing.

First, a question.
When did the conspiracy begin? Surely it would have been at approximately the time the earth was discovered round. Or was it at the beginning of NASA's fake launch?

next question:
When was the earth first acknowledged to be round? (Don't say Columbus)

I read a few articles online and found that the earth has been accepted to be round for nerly 3000 years. Of course, proof of such a thing back then would have been of looking at the horizon as well as objects dissapear into the distance. These hypothesis were made in 500BCE. Later, in 100BCE(ish) Eratosthenes made a few calculations to determine the size of the earth using differing shadows. Even before these times, most thought that the earth was bowl-shaped or mound-like. This caused people to believe that one could "fall off" if they strayed too far to the edges of the dome.

So, a few final questions:
When did the earth as being completely flat spring up? Before even the round theory?
When/How did the conspiracy turn up? I hope you wont say that there was no conspiracy until NASA... that would mean that nobody had ever gone to the ice wall before then. Or, if they did, were they all hunted down and killed?

I'm just looking at a few holes in the conspiracy, correct me if they have already been patched and i didnt look hard enough.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Age-Old Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:42:08 PM »
In my research I have found that this conspiracy was first started with the NAZIs and their rocketry program.

When the rocket scientists were captured by the US and the USSR the conspiracy continued. wernher von braun was probably leading the efforts on the US side. No idea about the USSR front

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:34:49 AM »
In my research I have found that this conspiracy was first started with the NAZIs and their rocketry program.

When the rocket scientists were captured by the US and the USSR the conspiracy continued. wernher von braun was probably leading the efforts on the US side. No idea about the USSR front
A conspiracy without any evidence, and no knowledge of it is impossible to research. Unless, of course, you are a traitorous conspirator, in which case the others would save me the trouble of dealing with you.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »
Must have been before Magellan... and he's 1520 something

So yea, I'm curious, NO one since then has bothered to go down to this "ice wall"?

If you guys really want to convince people, I think the best way would be to show us this "ice wall".  Heck, if the Flat Earth movement has 3,000 people in it, why don't you guys collaborate, raise some funds, and get a few F24's and fly down there and check it out?  Install a camera and send back video feed so the people back here can receive your proof and publish it if the pilots do get compromised.

IMO it would definitely be worth it if you truly believe.