Nature: proof the world is flat.

• 57 Replies
?

narcberry

• Reason > RET
Nature: proof the world is flat.
« on: August 24, 2008, 11:05:49 PM »
Nature has many many patterns. The earth will follow natures patterns.

Look around you, what do you see?
Tables
Pictures
Flat-screen tv's
Walls
Glass windows
Paper

Everything is flat, because that is the natural form for matter to take. Sure you may see a ball, but a rubber ball is made out of synthetic materials, synthetic = manmade. The earth is not manmade.

Re: Nature: proof the world is flat.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 01:54:30 AM »
Some of you FEer's are such a caution.  Everything you mentioned was manufactured.  What about raindrops, oranges, apples, Half Dome in Yosemite National Park? (made of granite) And God help the poor chicken that lays a flat or squared off egg.

By the way, did you ever blow bubbles as a kid?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:03:30 AM by Stabler12 »

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:15:18 AM »

Some of you FEer's are such a caution.  Everything you mentioned was manufactured.  What about raindrops, oranges, apples, Half Dome in Yosemite National Park? (made of granite) And God help the poor chicken that lays a flat or squared off egg.

By the way, did you ever blow bubbles as a kid?

What about snow flakes, orange tree leaves, apple tree leaves and Flat Rock, North Carolina? And God help the poor chicken that lays a spherical egg.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 02:31:47 AM »
OK..a bird egg is an oblong sphereoid...it still ain't flat.  Human eggs are more spherical...as are may cells in the body.  Stone Mountain, Georgia?  True, flat surfaces do occur...but if you look at a leaf, it isn't perfectly flat...nor is it perfectly round.

bubbles in your soda or beer... 

?

itisrounditellyou

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 02:50:04 AM »

Tables
Pictures
Flat-screen tv's
Walls
Glass windows
Paper

Everything is flat, because that is the natural form for matter to take. Sure you may see a ball, but a rubber ball is made out of synthetic materials, synthetic = manmade. The earth is not manmade.

All this proves is my long held view that narcberry is a wind up merchant! FE is a flat round object is it not? Most of the items you list tend to be flat rectangular objects. I'll give you tables, they can be round, but I've yet to see a round flat screen telly. So, by your "logic" you have proved that the FE is a rectangular object. I can't wait to see the FE map of that! I would also like to see where glass, walls and tellys grow in nature. That must be an amazing place.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:57:11 AM by itisrounditellyou »

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 02:58:09 AM »

Tables
Pictures
Flat-screen tv's
Walls
Glass windows
Paper

It's just the fact that you say "nature" and then post a list filled entirely with things man-made that makes this post so ironic. That you followed on with the ball argument in light of that makes this post super special. Not even one thing naturally planar, when I could have thought of a dozen if I had chosen to make this argument.

Raindrops, long term river weathered pebbles, thousands of variety's of plant seeds and fruits, the moon if you take Toms word... I could list many more naturally round things if you want.

Reptiles and amphibians lay mostly round eggs, but that's hardly the point. And that point is that you have no point.
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 03:01:08 AM »
Personally, I think narcberry wanted to be pwned.  Mission accomplished.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 03:01:56 AM »
.... And that point is that you have no point.

That's probably his point.  That's the beauty of Narc.  He's an acquired taste.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 03:03:22 AM »
Easier to understand than Tom, at least.  Narc makes good points in other posts.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 03:05:21 AM »

Tables
Pictures
Flat-screen tv's
Walls
Glass windows
Paper

I'm lolzing at this trollzing, that's 4 sure.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Video proof that the Earth is flat!

Run run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me cos I'm in the lollipop forest and you can't get there!

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 03:07:01 AM »
Well, guys, take a hard look at crystals.  Ever seen a round one?

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 03:11:45 AM »
Well, guys, take a hard look at crystals.  Ever seen a round one?

I met this psychic that had one, but she said I was going to die in seven days...

I've seen thousands of round aggregates though... They form similarly to crystals.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:13:45 AM by AmatureAstronomer »
Reality becomes apparent to the patient observer. Or you can learn a thing or two if you're in a hurry.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 03:15:44 AM »
I'm referring to the crystalline lattice structure that atoms at times assume.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 03:16:54 AM »
nope, but they aren't planar, either.  Oxygen molecules are spherical, as are nitrogen molecules, which the spherical alveoli in our lungs seem to accept.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 03:25:06 AM »
Now I would say they (crystal lattices) are planar.  O3 could be described as triangular, could it not?

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 03:28:12 AM »
Actually, it could...are you now subscribing to a equalateral earth?   ;D

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 03:28:44 AM »
I'm referring to the crystalline lattice structure that atoms at times assume.

What about the spherical nature that atoms sometimes assume, like the buckminsterfullerene? It's been shown these occur profusely in the geographic layers that fit to the current known time frame of catastrophic meteor/comet collisions... Times of intense heat and pressure. This fits with the current theories of the formation of the primordial round earth, but not the formation of the flat earth. You don't hear much about the formation of the flat earth really. I'd love to hear it.

I'm guessing they'd say god/FSM plopped it there, revved it up, and then shot it up perpetually into the air.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 03:31:57 AM »
So you're saying the Milky Way Galaxy, because it is basically a flat disc shape, was just plopped out by some god?

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 03:37:17 AM »
Are you talking to me? Personally I don't believe in god, but who, if he by chance did exist, I would still consider a neglectful dick.  And as to the milky way, I believe it's orbiting a super dense black hole the way Saturn's rings orbit Saturn. That's a flat plane I can believe in.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:39:41 AM by AmatureAstronomer »

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 03:42:26 AM »
And this God, the Almighty Neglectful Dick, or the god that does not exist or nature has shaped a black hole in a spherical shape like Saturn?

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 03:43:08 AM »
Also, I believe that the bulge at the center of the Milky Way can be seen in the Southern Hemisphere...not sure of the exact location.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 03:44:44 AM »
And this God, the Almighty Neglectful Dick, or the god that does not exist or nature has shaped a black hole in a spherical shape like Saturn?

1) I though you deny the spherical nature of the universe.

2) What was the question?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 03:48:02 AM »

Saturn and its rings was your analogy of the Milky Way.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 03:49:25 AM »
Also, I believe that the bulge at the center of the Milky Way can be seen in the Southern Hemisphere...not sure of the exact location.

Check this out... Finally this is relevant!  ;D

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 03:50:44 AM »

Saturn and its rings was your analogy of the Milky Way.

Yes it was. It rotates, and its smaller particulates and aggregates follow it's rotation.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:56:44 AM by AmatureAstronomer »

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 03:59:54 AM »
Don't want to derail where this thread is going, but I thought it was obvious Narc was being funny.
Quote from: General Douchebag[/quote
If Eminem had actually died, I would feel the force realign.
Quote from: ghazwozza
Of course it doesn't make sense, it's Tom Bishop's answer.

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 04:06:31 AM »
Don't want to derail where this thread is going, but I thought it was obvious Narc was being funny.

If that were the case he should have done it in the complete nonsense forum. Since he did it here though, we're going to debate and discuss it.

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 04:07:04 AM »

Check this out... Finally this is relevant!  ;D

No Quick-Time...what is it?

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 04:08:19 AM »
Yeah, I got the humor, but I'm bored here at work, and wanted to have some fun.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:10:45 AM by Stabler12 »

AmateurAstronomer

• Rouge Scholar
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 04:15:02 AM »
Yeah, I got the humor, but I'm bored here at work, and wanted to have some fun.

Pretty cool right? I lived in AU for 2 year with my grandparents, and I miss the sky down there a lot. This brought a lot of stuff back to me when I saw it. I'm kind of tempted to go back there, but I like my video games, and my fatty food.