How does satellite T.V. work?

• 17 Replies
?

Holy crap!?!

• can't...look...away.....
How does satellite T.V. work?
« on: August 19, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »
I noticed that a member named Tom Bishop said in another thread that government satellites do not exist. So I would assume that this would imply that no satellites exist in FE. How then does "satellite" T.V. operate?

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
Re: How does satellite T.V. work?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »
Ground based towers.

FAQ moar.

Welcome.

?

Holy crap!?!

• can't...look...away.....
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:22:48 AM »
Thank you.

So then where are these towers located that the common public cannot see them? Would this mean that all "satellite" transmitting services are also in on the whole government conspiracy to make us believe the world is round?

?

zork

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:57 AM »
 Yeah, ground based towers. But where? I can see mobile phone operator towers all around but where are satellite TV operator towers?
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 10:41:54 AM »
Thank you.

So then where are these towers located that the common public cannot see them? Would this mean that all "satellite" transmitting services are also in on the whole government conspiracy to make us believe the world is round?

Hmm I'm not sure.  It's not my theory.

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »
They are on top of everyone's roof. It's the same concept that truckers used to use with their CV. If there were enough truckers on the freeway, they could chain the CV range and talk to truckers across country. When you are installing a "satellite dish", it serves as both transmitter and receiver. They are just broadcasting the initial signal through the old UHF towers, and through advances in technology made the signal much stronger and sharper, using the satellites installed on our homes to transmit the signal globally. Eventually, "satellite" TV will be so well established that it will take at most 2 UHF towers to broadcast to the entire world. This whole "digital" crossover coming up is to deepen the cover-up. Supposedly, UHF stations were all analog. With the switch to digital, all the remaining UHF stations will be forced to close, allowing the "satellite" companies to take over the towers to ensure complete global coverage until the network of dishes is thorough enough. European countries already are working on a single tower. My guess is that they will keep it to one tower per country than try to do one tower for the whole globe. That way they can broadcast only the stations in the languages they want.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 11:36:28 AM »
They are on top of everyone's roof. It's the same concept that truckers used to use with their CV. If there were enough truckers on the freeway, they could chain the CV range and talk to truckers across country. When you are installing a "satellite dish", it serves as both transmitter and receiver. They are just broadcasting the initial signal through the old UHF towers, and through advances in technology made the signal much stronger and sharper, using the satellites installed on our homes to transmit the signal globally. Eventually, "satellite" TV will be so well established that it will take at most 2 UHF towers to broadcast to the entire world. This whole "digital" crossover coming up is to deepen the cover-up. Supposedly, UHF stations were all analog. With the switch to digital, all the remaining UHF stations will be forced to close, allowing the "satellite" companies to take over the towers to ensure complete global coverage until the network of dishes is thorough enough. European countries already are working on a single tower. My guess is that they will keep it to one tower per country than try to do one tower for the whole globe. That way they can broadcast only the stations in the languages they want.

And why do satellite dishes only receive a signal when pointed in the direction of the satellite? 

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Video proof that the Earth is flat!

Run run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me cos I'm in the lollipop forest and you can't get there!

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »

wow

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »

And why do satellite dishes only receive a signal when pointed in the direction of the satellite? 

Are you telling me that you have someone on your roof repositioning your dish constantly to track the satellite? As far as I can tell, most dishes are immobilized. That seems to confirm this possibility. Why is it that satellite dishes do not have to move if satellites are constantly moving and the dishes need to be pointed directly at them?

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »

Are you telling me that you have someone on your roof repositioning your dish constantly to track the satellite? As far as I can tell, most dishes are immobilized. That seems to confirm this possibility. Why is it that satellite dishes do not have to move if satellites are constantly moving and the dishes need to be pointed directly at them?

Geostationary orbit fucktard. 
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Video proof that the Earth is flat!

Run run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me cos I'm in the lollipop forest and you can't get there!

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »
CV? heh. You dont even know what its called.

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »
It's part of the conspiracy, they have no better explanation or can prove the conspiracy, give it a rest.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »

That has to be the dumbest post I've ever read in any forum ever. +5 funny
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 12:44:43 PM »
CV? heh. You dont even know what its called.

No, I don't. Sorry. I know you read my other post so you are aware that I am a biochemist, not a trucker.

That has to be the dumbest post I've ever read in any forum ever. +5 funny

Thanks  ;D

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

cbreiling

• The Earth is Flat
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
Ok, let's try to keep this civil. Most artificial satellites orbit the earth at a low enough orbit that they "move" across the sky relative to a ground observer. If you wait until about an hour after sunset, once the sky is dark and the stars are visible, you can see many of these lazily travelling across the sky (since the sun hasn't set for them yet, because of their altitude). These satellites orbit the earth many times per day, and GPS and Spy satellites are two examples of these.

But if you increase your orbital altitude, based on the law of gravity, you will reach a point where "one orbit" around the planet is 24 hours. If you're careful with your launch vectors and burn times, you can "insert" a satellite into Geostationary orbit, also called geosyncronous, because it "keeps the same time" as the earth's rotation. By definition, these orbits lie in the plane of the equator, which is why everyone's dishes are pointed south, in the northern hemisphere. TV (like DirecTV), Radio (like XM and Sirius), and Weather satellites are examples of these.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostationary_orbit
http://www.sea-launch.com/past_launches.htm

It uses a lot less fuel (which means you can launch a bigger payload), if you can launch from the Equator, which is exactly what the SeaLaunch platform does. They took a converted oil drilling platform and built a rocket launchpad, and they've launched a bunch of satellites from sea.

Years ago, the only geosyncronous satellites that everyday citizens cared about were various telecommunications satellites operated by TV and Cable networks (that's how they get their signal from one side of the country to the other, since copper wire is too slow and TV and Radio waves are too weak). So people installed large satellite dishes on their homes (it was pretty expensive), and these dishes had to be aimable, since they needed to pick up signals from any of a number of different networks' satellites.

But now that we have DirecTV and the Dish Network (to name two here in the US), the whole point is to broadcast a signal to consumers, so the dish is carefully aimed only once, then bolted in place. The dish is also much smaller since the signal is stronger. These tiny dishes, even if they were equipped with transmitters, would be unable to send much of a signal.

Satellite radio, being that it's the most modern of the technologies discussed here, broadcasts to small omnidirectional antennas which people mount on their cars and such. Stereo radio has much smaller bandwidth than a TV broadcast, which makes such a tiny receiver antenna possible.

All of this is neatly explained because we live on a globe, and gravity exists so we can have satellites orbit it. Any evidence the the contrary, other than a few links to pseudosatellites (ground-based radio repeaters) and stratellites (high-altitude balloons, still in the prototype phase)?
Quote from: lolz at trollz
It's because you asked about data. Theories can be pulled from the rectum without any apparent embarrassment, but pulling data from there is embarrassing even here. lol

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »
Ok, let's try to keep this civil. Most artificial satellites orbit the earth at a low enough orbit that they "move" across the sky relative to a ground observer. If you wait until about an hour after sunset, once the sky is dark and the stars are visible, you can see many of these lazily travelling across the sky (since the sun hasn't set for them yet, because of their altitude). These satellites orbit the earth many times per day, and GPS and Spy satellites are two examples of these.

But if you increase your orbital altitude, based on the law of gravity, you will reach a point where "one orbit" around the planet is 24 hours. If you're careful with your launch vectors and burn times, you can "insert" a satellite into Geostationary orbit, also called geosyncronous, because it "keeps the same time" as the earth's rotation. By definition, these orbits lie in the plane of the equator, which is why everyone's dishes are pointed south, in the northern hemisphere. TV (like DirecTV), Radio (like XM and Sirius), and Weather satellites are examples of these.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostationary_orbit
http://www.sea-launch.com/past_launches.htm

It uses a lot less fuel (which means you can launch a bigger payload), if you can launch from the Equator, which is exactly what the SeaLaunch platform does. They took a converted oil drilling platform and built a rocket launchpad, and they've launched a bunch of satellites from sea.

Years ago, the only geosyncronous satellites that everyday citizens cared about were various telecommunications satellites operated by TV and Cable networks (that's how they get their signal from one side of the country to the other, since copper wire is too slow and TV and Radio waves are too weak). So people installed large satellite dishes on their homes (it was pretty expensive), and these dishes had to be aimable, since they needed to pick up signals from any of a number of different networks' satellites.

But now that we have DirecTV and the Dish Network (to name two here in the US), the whole point is to broadcast a signal to consumers, so the dish is carefully aimed only once, then bolted in place. The dish is also much smaller since the signal is stronger. These tiny dishes, even if they were equipped with transmitters, would be unable to send much of a signal.

Satellite radio, being that it's the most modern of the technologies discussed here, broadcasts to small omnidirectional antennas which people mount on their cars and such. Stereo radio has much smaller bandwidth than a TV broadcast, which makes such a tiny receiver antenna possible.

All of this is neatly explained because we live on a globe, and gravity exists so we can have satellites orbit it. Any evidence the the contrary, other than a few links to pseudosatellites (ground-based radio repeaters) and stratellites (high-altitude balloons, still in the prototype phase)?

At least that's what They say.

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »
I thought the conspiracy put a secret cable in the ground to your house to simulate the signal and put a sensor in the dish so it knows if it was pointing in the right direction so it could tell the reciever if it should show a picture or not.

I am guessing that the sensor can also detemine the weather
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.