Poll

Should we continue research into hyperdrive and other spatial drive technologies?

Yes, at all costs
5 (33.3%)
Yes, but we should be cautious
4 (26.7%)
Not certain
0 (0%)
No, we are not ready for this capability yet
3 (20%)
No, we should never leave our world
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 07, 2006, 03:00:14 PM

"Hyperdrive" technology

• 3 Replies
?

Taonas

"Hyperdrive" technology
« on: May 07, 2006, 03:00:14 PM »
While I do not have the scientific expertist to give an accurate paraphrasing, I remind upon anyone who reads the article that this technology is based upon an unpopular theory of Quantum Physics. That most certainly does not make it outright wrong, however I urge you to take this information with a grain of salt.

Now, in more optimistic terms the human race might one day be able to make it to other stars!

http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006

"Hyperdrive" technology
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 04:27:10 PM »
if by hyperdrive, you mean bending space-time around spaceships so that they can go faster without relativity screwing them, then yes.

"Hyperdrive" technology
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 03:02:41 PM »
Makes sense. Our choices are to either move out to the cosmos, or stay here and:

1. By 2600 CE people will be standing shoulder to shoulder with others, coverering all of the landmass of the Earth, as well as glowing red-hot from electricity usage.

2. The Sun starts to expand as it runs lower on fuel and makes the earth too hot for life in about 500,000,000 years, maybe much earlier.

3. The Sun expands and swallows up the earth after becoming a red giant as it burns heavier and heavier elements to make up for the lack of lighter ones. (1 Billion Years)

4. We kill each other.

To the cosmos!

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
"Hyperdrive" technology
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 08:28:36 PM »
Quote from: "troubadour"
Makes sense. Our choices are to either move out to the cosmos, or stay here and:

1. By 2600 CE people will be standing shoulder to shoulder with others, coverering all of the landmass of the Earth, as well as glowing red-hot from electricity usage.

2. The Sun starts to expand as it runs lower on fuel and makes the earth too hot for life in about 500,000,000 years, maybe much earlier.

3. The Sun expands and swallows up the earth after becoming a red giant as it burns heavier and heavier elements to make up for the lack of lighter ones. (1 Billion Years)

4. We kill each other.

To the cosmos!

I'm gonna bet on apocalypse scenarion #4. Maybe not though. I doubt I'll be around for any of those other ones.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."