Navigation.

• 7 Replies
Navigation.
« on: August 15, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »
Recently I've done a bit of sailing, from europe into the pacific islands.

Assuming, as per the FAQ's that my navigational instruments lead me in a circle, and ignoring my charts which have been cleverly doctored by the conspirators to a mercator projection of a round earth onto a flat chart to navigate a flat earth and still keep straight lines of longitude and latitude.

How come it only took me 15 days to cross from the Galapagos islands (off ecuador) to the marquises islands in northern french polynesia, wheres it takes approximately 10 days to cross the atlantic (1/2 distance) and about 10 days from Marquises to Hawaii (about 1/4 or less distance) according to this map :- http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d0c111191a408559ca44df4a39c9c077&topic=1264&start=16

If I plot my speed through the day by the stars on a nightly basis (it's boring out there) and get similar speeds. How can I have covered so much more distance at the same speed throughout 1 day?

Re: Navigation.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:53:20 AM »
Does no one have a comment to make on this?

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 06:25:24 AM »
Do you have some of the navigational data that you can post?  It would be interesting to see some of that.  It sounds like it was an interesting voyage.

As for a FE response, I wouldn't expect one.  Celestial observations are a big problem in FE theory.  The observable, repeatable data doesn't fit their model.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
Unfortunately not, as crew I just fill in the data every hour. It all stays on the boat. I thought it might spark some interesting debate, though I suppose there's not much to argue with here.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
What makes you think that the United Nations map is the correct map?

?

trig

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:00:25 PM »
By all means, tell us which map is correct. Right now some of the FE'rs are playing the childish game of not committing to any map so nobody can show how unsound their hypothesis are.

If you can show us a map that is useful to make predictions, any verifiable predictions, you will be, at least, showing that you now understand something about science. If the amount and precision of those predictions comes even close to what science has discovered, you can get your works published in peer reviewed journals.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:14:11 PM »
By all means, tell us which map is correct. Right now some of the FE'rs are playing the childish game of not committing to any map so nobody can show how unsound their hypothesis are.

If you can show us a map that is useful to make predictions, any verifiable predictions, you will be, at least, showing that you now understand something about science. If the amount and precision of those predictions comes even close to what science has discovered, you can get your works published in peer reviewed journals.

Don't be silly! They HAVE to stay vague, otherwise they'll be stuck on an agreed-upon model that can then be poked at. I mean think about it....if you were insane, and subscribed to some batshit insane theory that no one else believed, wouldn't you want to keep it flexible, so you can dodge those annoying difficult questions that the heathens insist on bugging you with?

?

spacemanjones

• Magic pushes earth
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »
Recently I've done a bit of sailing, from europe into the pacific islands.

Assuming, as per the FAQ's that my navigational instruments lead me in a circle, and ignoring my charts which have been cleverly doctored by the conspirators to a mercator projection of a round earth onto a flat chart to navigate a flat earth and still keep straight lines of longitude and latitude.

How come it only took me 15 days to cross from the Galapagos islands (off ecuador) to the marquises islands in northern french polynesia, wheres it takes approximately 10 days to cross the atlantic (1/2 distance) and about 10 days from Marquises to Hawaii (about 1/4 or less distance) according to this map :- http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d0c111191a408559ca44df4a39c9c077&topic=1264&start=16

If I plot my speed through the day by the stars on a nightly basis (it's boring out there) and get similar speeds. How can I have covered so much more distance at the same speed throughout 1 day?

Hey while you where in Hawaii you should have gone south about 100 NM because in another map Antarctica was right there. Can you imagen that, Hawaii and Antarctica in 1 day... that would have been sweet.