Open letter to Flat Earth Society - Bransons Rocket

• 49 Replies
Re: Open letter to Flat Earth Society - Bransons Rocket
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »
We now know that everyone of those who said they would give money are either trolls or gullible fools.

Nobody knows if Neeman is the same person as monkeybradders, if the fund that receives the money is for real or just a scam (similar to the Nigerian scam that has pestered our mailboxes for more than a year).

Several FE'rs have already said that the apparent spherical shape of the Earth, as seen from space, is not necessarily the result of photoshopped images, but the result of the shape of the Sun's spotlight, so even real photos would not end the controversy.

So, if I were the manager of the fund, I would spend the money in it, which would never reach 100,000 pounds, on a nice car, I would select the name of a real passenger as my own, and tell the people in this forum that every photographic material had to be surrendered at the end of the flight, that we were all given photographic material to show back home, and that I never felt any weightlessness.

If you do not believe in NASA why would you believe in me?

Don't be a cock. You're clearly a thieving chav.
I've asked that flat earth and I have a chat about to safely and securely collect this money, contracts etc....

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
I know. This is troubling me. I have no reason to believe that neeman wouldn't tell the truth so it's a case of other people not questioning him. I thought maybe the flight could be filmed from the ground but that only solves one part of it, he went into up.

AAAHHHHAAAAAAAA a sticker placed on the outside of the window. If he can see the sticker then there's no jiggery pokery. Obviously i'd have to clear this with Captain Branson

The sticker would have to be a surprise, as well, to prevent any sort of pre-programming to account for it. Similarly, it would need to be proven that there are no sensors on the window that can detect the sticker and transmit the image, and that the images are not projected from a screen that covers the window from the outside following the first few moments of the flight. Unfortunately, if RE is correct, and they do go to space, have something like a sticker could be very dangerous and would most likely not make the ascent. So you would either get refused, fueling FE, or it would disappear on the way up...fueling FE.

?

trig

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
The fund would be better spent in any of two projects:
  • Any well defined navigation project where star locations and known milestones are carefully documented as the exploring team travels a few hundred miles.
  • A careful survey of the stars from several places at different latitudes.

The most important part of the project would be to define beforehand the required results to declare that the Earth is flat, the required results to declare the Earth is spherical, the protocol that makes tampering close to impossible.

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »
Yes i don't want to endanger the lad. I'll think on that.

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »
  • Any well defined navigation project where star locations and known milestones are carefully documented as the exploring team travels a few hundred miles.

The most important part of the project would be to define beforehand the required results to declare that the Earth is flat, the required results to declare the Earth is spherical, the protocol that makes tampering close to impossible.

Go on, start your fund. I might have entertained your idea had you not suggested i was a thief.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:58:08 PM by monkeybradders »

?

trig

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 03:58:58 PM »

For all you know, I am the thief. Every one in this forum is anonymous, so contracts are impossible. We still do not know if The Engineer is a pilot, even after months of the most boring threads here.

Go on, start you fund. I might have entertained your idea had you not suggested i was a thief.

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »
Fear not i wouldn't start anything without a face to face meeting and a firm handshake.

?

(Azrael)

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »
As a solution to your dilemma of proving the ship goes up, Couldn't Neeman take an altimeter, or whatever those things that measure altitude are? He could test it on land to verify it works, then take it with him on the trip. A simulator ride shouldn't be able to fake altitude on an unconnected device... But I guess that depends on the way altimeters work.

?

trig

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
We now know that everyone of those who said they would give money are either trolls or gullible fools.

Nobody knows if Neeman is the same person as monkeybradders, if the fund that receives the money is for real or just a scam (similar to the Nigerian scam that has pestered our mailboxes for more than a year).

Several FE'rs have already said that the apparent spherical shape of the Earth, as seen from space, is not necessarily the result of photoshopped images, but the result of the shape of the Sun's spotlight, so even real photos would not end the controversy.

So, if I were the manager of the fund, I would spend the money in it, which would never reach 100,000 pounds, on a nice car, I would select the name of a real passenger as my own, and tell the people in this forum that every photographic material had to be surrendered at the end of the flight, that we were all given photographic material to show back home, and that I never felt any weightlessness.

If you do not believe in NASA why would you believe in me?

Don't be a cock. You're clearly a thieving chav.
I've asked that flat earth and I have a chat about to safely and securely collect this money, contracts etc....
For all you know, I am the thief. Every one in this forum is anonymous, so contracts are impossible. We still do not know if The Engineer is a pilot, even after months of the most boring threads here.

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 04:26:46 PM »
I'm assuming that the craft take off in much the same way as a aeroplane at an airport and as such some sort of viewing gallery would be provided. A decent telescope would be sufficient to make sure he goes.

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 04:43:15 PM »
I have a better idea than spending $250K USD to give one of these guys a free ride into space.  Why don't you just buy a $250.00 video camera and a $25.00 tape and have the FE folks check the camera and the tape to verify that it doesn't have any magical abilities - and then get one of them a $250.00 ticket to fly to the launch site (in New Mexico I believe) and meet with the tour guest that have paid a quarter of a million to fly into space.  Ask one of them to carry the video camera with them into space and have the FE person verify that there was no tampering with the camera before it went into the space ship...and just as soon as the ship lands have the flight tourist immediately hand the camera back over to the FE person - they can review the tape right there in the camera and verify the results.   

There is no "video production" equipment in the space ship.  This can be verified by FE.

The flights really aren't that long, they should have the tape back into their hands within an hour of it leaving.

Altogether, you're looking at less than $1,000.00 to make this happen.  True, FE doesn't get a free ride.  But, you get the same results.

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
I have a better idea than spending $250K USD to give one of these guys a free ride into space.  Why don't you just buy a $250.00 video camera and a $25.00 tape and have the FE folks check the camera and the tape to verify that it doesn't have any magical abilities - and then get one of them a $250.00 ticket to fly to the launch site (in New Mexico I believe) and meet with the tour guest that have paid a quarter of a million to fly into space.  Ask one of them to carry the video camera with them into space and have the FE person verify that there was no tampering with the camera before it went into the space ship...and just as soon as the ship lands have the flight tourist immediately hand the camera back over to the FE person - they can review the tape right there in the camera and verify the results.   

There is no "video production" equipment in the space ship.  This can be verified by FE.

The flights really aren't that long, they should have the tape back into their hands within an hour of it leaving.

Altogether, you're looking at less than $1,000.00 to make this happen.  True, FE doesn't get a free ride.  But, you get the same results.

Did you pack your bag yourself? Yes

Have you left your bag unattended? No

Has anyone had opportunity to tamper with your bag? No

Are you carrying anything for anyone else? Only this video camera for some guys who think the earth is flat and surrounded by a wall of ice. (check in assistant furiously pushes security button)

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »
This trip wouldn't really prove anything to the Flat Earth Society because we already know that at the edge of the atmosphere one is looking down at the distinct circular area of the sun's light upon the flat earth.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 06:11:48 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 06:02:45 PM »
It's all hopeless, no FE truly has enough faith in their claims to try and prove even to themselves that the Earth is flat.  Even if it was as simple as taking a bus down the street it would still be too much to bother them with.  You can dish out theory and cry conspiracy all you want from the comfort of your home but I doubt any FE here would take the risks needed to go to the south pole or fly in space, even if it was simply to prove the conspiracy exists.  Face it...your inaction proves your own disbelief in the theory.  

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 06:03:44 PM »
This trip wouldn't really prove anything to the Flat Earth Society because we already know that at the edge of space one is looking down at the distinct circular area of the sun's light upon the flat earth.

Oh now come on, don't do neeman's adventure down. It would prove there is an ice wall. Shall i put you down for £10?

?

trig

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 06:47:13 PM »
This trip wouldn't really prove anything to the Flat Earth Society because we already know that at the edge of the atmosphere one is looking down at the distinct circular area of the sun's light upon the flat earth.
There, you see? I predicted this answer two hours ago.

Never mind that the edge of the "area of the sun's light upon the flat earth" is not circular. In previous threads the flat earthers have explained that the edge of the part of Earth lit by the sun is not circular to explain how in December the days last more than 12 hours in the southern hemisphere.

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »
And there are also pictures of the Earth without the sun "spotlight" thingy, only the pale moonlight and the twinkle of large cities.   I guess the spotlight is too far away to see...i guess...yeah...that has to be it.

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2008, 10:20:37 AM »
nobody from the FES has even bothered to enter into a conversation about how how we might get this off the ground. Your apathy astounds me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »

Are you ever going to learn the difference between a pizza and a basketball? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »
If you could see things <i>behind</i> the earth (aka. outside of the spotlight), that would suggest that you are not only looking at the area the suns spotlight hits. You should be able to see stars and possibly a RE sunrise or moonrise. If you do, that would indicate that they were "behind" the earth, which could only make sense with a RE.