• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Re: Which way is up again?
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2008, 03:23:25 PM »
Progression of the RE argument:
1) Denial
2) Bad example that usually proves FE
3) Personal attacks
4) Attempts to get thread locked

All the while, the earth remains flat and bubbles go up.

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »
This forums was much better when narc was banned

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »

Nah, he is great comic relief. And he keeps the RE noobs/trolls occupied.

narcberry

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »
Well, in conclusion, thanks everyone for participating. This voyage into the absurdity of RE was fun, but it'll be nice to start talking about real science again.

Another victory for FE!!!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2008, 01:24:26 AM »

Nah, he is great comic relief. And he keeps the RE noobs/trolls occupied.

Agreed. Narc forever!
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

funkcmc

• wappa
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2008, 03:32:19 AM »
Since when did bubbles go up? Bubbles are a small sphere of a liquid therefore heavier than air and fall down.  You should of used helium balloons Narcbery.

So based on the fact you also believe that bubbles go up AND the earth is flat I will no longer be taking on board anything you say, unless of course you offer me free lollypops from the lollypop forest?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

narcberry

« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2008, 01:22:26 PM »
Bubbles are spheres of liquid?
Of course you can't take anything I say, what would you do with it if you could?
Are you offering to take my words if I offer you free lollypops from the lollypop forest, or are you really asking me if I will?

Posts like your really tire me. FES needs more quality posters.

?

Theorist

• Prove FE Wrong!
« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »
FES needs more quality posters.

I tried to disprove FE, but couldn't.
Prove FE Wrong!

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »
Since when did bubbles go up? Bubbles are a small sphere of a liquid therefore heavier than air and fall down.  You should of used helium balloons Narcbery.

So based on the fact you also believe that bubbles go up AND the earth is flat I will no longer be taking on board anything you say, unless of course you offer me free lollypops from the lollypop forest?

Bubbles can be spheres of air.  :-\

« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2008, 03:33:16 PM »
Another victory for FE!!!

Youre really keen on "winning" arent you? Why is that?
Ooompa ooompa

« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »
Look at the ceiling.

There ya go. There ya go. There's up.

« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2008, 03:40:27 PM »
Yeah, I think the RE'ers are using a poor definition of up. In their definition, if they were standing on the moon, whatever counter gravity is up. But when they consider their own satellites they believe to be leaving the solar system, away from the suns gravitational pull, they do not call that up, they call it out. Up from the sun is its "north pole". What it boils down to is that RE'ers define up based on their sense of balance. Up is extremely subjective. If I stand on my head, the organs of my inner ear invert and tell me that my head is the direction of gravitational pull, therefore up is towards my feet. However, it has been shown that interpretation of that sensation strongly depends on visual cues as well. This is why when someone is buried in an avalanche, for example, they cannot tell which way is "up". Up is a physiological sensation dependent on the inner ear and visual cues, not a direction. It is most commonly used to refer to a direction, but it is in fact simply the description of sensation taken from inner ear balance and visual cues as to what is the opposite of the most severe gravitational pull being experienced by the person at any given time. This is consistent with both a RE and a FE model. Using "up" or "down" to describe the direction of the bubble does not disprove or prove either model. It is only relating an observation to your own sensation.

« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2008, 03:45:38 PM »
Yeah, I think the RE'ers are using a poor definition of up. In their definition, if they were standing on the moon, whatever counter gravity is up. But when they consider their own satellites they believe to be leaving the solar system, away from the suns gravitational pull, they do not call that up, they call it out. Up from the sun is its "north pole". What it boils down to is that RE'ers define up based on their sense of balance. Up is extremely subjective. If I stand on my head, the organs of my inner ear invert and tell me that my head is the direction of gravitational pull, therefore up is towards my feet. However, it has been shown that interpretation of that sensation strongly depends on visual cues as well. This is why when someone is buried in an avalanche, for example, they cannot tell which way is "up". Up is a physiological sensation dependent on the inner ear and visual cues, not a direction. It is most commonly used to refer to a direction, but it is in fact simply the description of sensation taken from inner ear balance and visual cues as to what is the opposite of the most severe gravitational pull being experienced by the person at any given time. This is consistent with both a RE and a FE model. Using "up" or "down" to describe the direction of the bubble does not disprove or prove either model. It is only relating an observation to your own sensation.

Thats a good explanation.

Ive said it before and I say it again: I feel very lucky that the Earth is being pushed straight upwards!
Ooompa ooompa