In 1969, buttoning your clothes made them airtight.

• 14 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
In 1969, buttoning your clothes made them airtight.
« on: August 12, 2008, 05:36:36 PM »
Back when people were buying "atomic corn" (corn with atoms inside) for 10 times the price of normal corn, NASA "landed" on the moon.

This 384,403 km journey straight up ::) resulted in the internationally climactic moments of people walking on the moon. You'll notice, they had to wear super special suits to survive the moons surface. My favorite feature being the airtight buttoning technology.

Did they really expect people to be stupid enough to believe this crap?
(That's redundant)

lindelof

• DADA IS NOT DEAD. WATCH YOUR OVERCOAT.
Re: In 1969, buttoning your clothes made them airtight.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
hun?  You think spacesuits were like one layer or something?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/space-suit3.htm
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 05:47:39 PM by lindelof »

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:44:05 PM »
tell us again how it was all faked by only 3 guys (well they didn't need a sound guy, so there's 1 point in your favour, lol) and the astronauts thought it was real....
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Video proof that the Earth is flat!

Run run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me cos I'm in the lollipop forest and you can't get there!

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 05:57:48 PM »
Interesting....so even though you clearly don't know anything about pressurised EVA suits, you'll pretend you do anyway and mould details to fit your theory of "lolz people are teh stuipd"

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
Didn't you know?  you can't make a suit airtight, all divers are frauds too! 
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Video proof that the Earth is flat!

Run run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me cos I'm in the lollipop forest and you can't get there!

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »
i'm convinced narcberry is a troll, either that or severely mentally retarded

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 06:04:06 PM »

most people who go scuba diving aren't wearing anything airtight.

generally its a spongy neoprene suit that actually collects water but doesn't allow it to circulate quickly so the stationary water in the suit gets heated by your own body heat to keep you comfortable

it's the same principle as coats and jackets only instead of keeping air in one place for your body to heat it keeps water there instead

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 06:05:28 PM »

generally its a spongy neoprene suit that actually collects water but doesn't allow it to circulate quickly so the stationary water in the suit gets heated by your own body heat to keep you comfortable

it's the same principle as coats and jackets only instead of keeping air in one place for your body to heat it keeps water there instead
except for a little thing callsed a drysuit for cold water dives
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »
Wow, great how you scuba dive down to those gas pipelines to repair them...

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »
Wow, great how you scuba dive down to those gas pipelines to repair them...
you use a dry suit for anything under 50deg or so, I use one if I go surfing up in the northern part of the state
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 06:17:41 PM »

except for a little thing callsed a drysuit for cold water dives
yeah that's why i qualified with "most"

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 07:22:13 PM »
Apparently all you REtards didn't notice the button-up crotch cloth. Makes it much easier to take a leak on the moon. It also makes your suit gaseously penetrable.

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 07:53:30 PM »
Apparently all you REtards didn't notice the button-up crotch cloth. Makes it much easier to take a leak on the moon. It also makes your suit gaseously penetrable.

wow you are a retard.  you don't think those might be rivets, on ummmm a harness, that ummm holds that huge tank on his back and the camera and instruments on his chest?  nahh, can't comprehend of the possibility that there might be continuous cloth behind there, because if something is obscured from view, it doesn't exist! 

Wait, that's it, children under a few months don't understand that things exist outside thier view, the FEer mental condition revealed!

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
you are not talking about the harness for the backpack?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 08:44:42 PM »
Riveted plate between the legs to allow them to articulate, button up pants. Same difference, oh wait...