conspiricy: ISS

• 42 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: conspiricy: ISS
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »
Also, note that Neeman hasn't answered my questions on what HE thinks the conspiracy is gaining by covering up the Flat Earth.  It's because my answer makes sense, and he doesn't have one.

Money.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 08:28:44 AM »
As to a simulator that could produce the data, well, how many people would be needed to create such a colossal computer, and to program it.  And how would it provide photos of mars?  Someone would have to create the models.  And how would they develop all the tech to make such a computer in secret?  How did they do it in the 60's?  did they have a super computer more powerfull than all of todays super computers in the 60's?  

They wouldn't have to keep it a secret. That's the point. NASA does simulations all the time to see what will happen on their 'missions'. That's the point; simulations could be produced without the people involved having to be in on the conspiracy. They would imagine it was just another part of the 'Space Program'.

How do you get someone to render the surface of mars?  Or the far side of the moon?  oh, umm, this is like, to hang on the bosses wall, and he needs 50 000 of them in high rez, all congruent with each other
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Video proof that the Earth is flat!

Run run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me cos I'm in the lollipop forest and you can't get there!

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 08:30:23 AM »
Why would someone pay them money?  Ultimately, someone has something to gain.  What is worth the trillions of dollars (and their equivalent) that covering up the Flat Earth takes?  What did Aristotle have to gain by starting this conspiracy?

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 08:31:09 AM »
As to a simulator that could produce the data, well, how many people would be needed to create such a colossal computer, and to program it.  And how would it provide photos of mars?  Someone would have to create the models.  And how would they develop all the tech to make such a computer in secret?  How did they do it in the 60's?  did they have a super computer more powerfull than all of todays super computers in the 60's?  

They wouldn't have to keep it a secret. That's the point. NASA does simulations all the time to see what will happen on their 'missions'. That's the point; simulations could be produced without the people involved having to be in on the conspiracy. They would imagine it was just another part of the 'Space Program'.

How do you get someone to render the surface of mars?  Or the far side of the moon?  oh, umm, this is like, to hang on the bosses wall, and he needs 50 000 of them in high rez, all congruent with each other

Far side of the moon is easy. If you look at the FE drawings of the earth, sun and moon you'll note that Australia has the pleasure of seeing the other side of moon every evening.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »

As I say, I am sure there are people involved in image production who would be in on the conspiracy, but a small, dedicated team with the worlds best technology production could easily account for this.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »

As I say, I am sure there are people involved in image production who would be in on the conspiracy, but a small, dedicated team with the worlds best technology production could easily account for this.

What is the worlds best technology in the 60s?  Considering they all sat and worked out trajectories with their slide rules.  And what about the telemetry for disasters?  oh guys, work out what the telemetry would be if the Capsule exploded and and we had to use the engine on the lander to do the reentry burn.  Work out what the telemetry would do if the heatshield failed and shuttle broke up killing everyone, work out what the telemetry would be if hte space station set on fire, and if it exploded. 
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Video proof that the Earth is flat!

Run run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me cos I'm in the lollipop forest and you can't get there!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 09:15:59 AM »
But they had to work all that out WITHOUT going into space. It's just maths. You wouldn't have to have to be in on the conspiracy to believe doing those calculations were necessary.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 09:17:32 AM »
But they had to work all that out WITHOUT going into space. It's just maths. You wouldn't have to have to be in on the conspiracy to believe doing those calculations were necessary.

Just math?  Do I need to post the xkcd comic again? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »

The telemetry computer from the module provided them with data, and they calculated what the course was from that.  To make up that data, the conspirators would had to calculated the course and then worked out what hte telemetry should be.  For this they have to go to a guy and say.  Calculate what the instruments would read if the module exploded, then circled the moon with the lander still attached and used the lander to perform the burn, following hte flight path.  Oh and also do these other flight paths that might also be chosen. (remember they could have chosen to turn the module around before reaching hte moon, and to have performed the burns at different times, unless they had enough conspiritors in mission command to influence them to pick the path they wanted).  Don't you think someone would have thought it funny that they had done the maths for this in advance and then the exact same scenario happens?  don't you think this person would have rung up mission control and say that they been given the task of performing those exact calculations but backwards already?  Don't you think people would notice all this simulations have the exact same telemetry data as real missions that were run later?

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 10:50:06 PM »
The Christian Bible!

Matthew 4:8 The devil took him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and displayed before him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence

Impossible on a Round earth!

Daniel 4:7-8, "I saw a tree of great height at the center of the world. It was large and strong, with its top touching the heavens, and it could be seen from the ends of the earth."

Impossible on a Round Earth!  No matter how tall, the tree wouldn't be visible from the other side!

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit

There is no end to the Earth on Round Earth!

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.  (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)"

Proof that it is the Sun that moves, not the Earth!

So you see, the Bible clearly supports Flat Earth!  There are many more passages as well, that strongly imply a flat earth model but don't explicitly state it.  There's some great resources on the Internet.  This is what convinced me to be a Flat Earther originally.  I grew up being taught the Bible was infallible, and so since it says the Earth is flat, it must be so!

This is scary....

there are some books that say that fairies, unicorns, middle-earth, elves, and santa claus are real, but they're not....unless THESE are conspiricies too??? ::)  ::)

I grew up being taught the Bible was infallible, and so since it says the Earth is flat, it must be so    :o

now that is scary for me. how can you be brainwashed into having such blind faith?

i am atheist...and i guess that means i can be more understanding then you can.

Why couldn't God have created something as wonderful and amazing as Evolution? Or as 'complex' (as you think!!) as a round earth?

What is so right about taking someone's freedom (slavery?)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:07:25 AM by Stephanie »
The best question in the world is: Why?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 05:29:39 AM »
The Christian Bible!

Matthew 4:8 The devil took him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and displayed before him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence

Impossible on a Round earth!

Daniel 4:7-8, "I saw a tree of great height at the center of the world. It was large and strong, with its top touching the heavens, and it could be seen from the ends of the earth."

Impossible on a Round Earth!  No matter how tall, the tree wouldn't be visible from the other side!

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit

There is no end to the Earth on Round Earth!

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.  (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)"

Proof that it is the Sun that moves, not the Earth!

So you see, the Bible clearly supports Flat Earth!  There are many more passages as well, that strongly imply a flat earth model but don't explicitly state it.  There's some great resources on the Internet.  This is what convinced me to be a Flat Earther originally.  I grew up being taught the Bible was infallible, and so since it says the Earth is flat, it must be so!

This is scary....

there are some books that say that fairies, unicorns, middle-earth, elves, and santa claus are real, but they're not....unless THESE are conspiricies too??? ::)  ::)

I grew up being taught the Bible was infallible, and so since it says the Earth is flat, it must be so    :o

now that is scary for me. how can you be brainwashed into having such blind faith?

i am atheist...and i guess that means i can be more understanding then you can.

Why couldn't God have created something as wonderful and amazing as Evolution? Or as 'complex' (as you think!!) as a round earth?

What is so right about taking someone's freedom (slavery?)

I've never really understood why some people (Christian and otherwise) insist that the bible must be taken literally.  The bible is primarily a book of faith and as such it uses a great many metaphors.  Last I knew, metaphors were not meant to be taken literally.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:37 AM »
Because Satan is trying to discredit the Bible.  The Bible states clearly that the Earth is flat, and once you stop taking the Bible literally, it opens the door for things like gays, evolution, the abolition of slavery, non-terminating non-repeating decimals, and communism (which was caused by atheism).
Where does the Bible say that the Earth is flat?

Never mind, duh!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 11:33:19 AM by longbow64 »

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »
Hardhead is clearly a troll, he's probably a RE proponent and just getting his kicks portraying the worst possible FE proponent he can think of.

If you reread his posts, they do not contain the mentality of a "believer" imo, the use of exclamation points and (side quips) really seem to indicate he's trying to act the part, and in his mind, that "part" he's acting is a caricature.