How do you explain these pictures?

• 8 Replies
How do you explain these pictures?
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »
How do you explain the pictures taken by the lego mindstorms that clearly show the curvature of the earth?
http://gizmodo.com/5032123/lego-robot-sends-pictures-from-space-wishes-it-had-lasers-to-annihilate-us-all

Don't just say they used a fancy lens or photoshopping, because they didn't.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: How do you explain these pictures?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »
You think a mutli-national multi-billion dollar conspiracy can't rig up a few "amateur" high altitude flights?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 02:01:51 PM »
You think a mutli-national multi-billion dollar conspiracy can't rig up a few "amateur" high altitude flights?
How does that counter argument explain the curvature of the earth?

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »
Surely you understand the futility of your argument?

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »
Surely you understand the futility of your argument?
Yeah, it pretty much disproves everything, so they won't answer it.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 02:24:10 PM »
How does that counter argument explain the curvature of the earth?

It explains the pictures. There is no 'curvature of the earth'.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »
Yeah, it pretty much disproves everything, so they won't answer it.

It doesn't in the slightest. If NASA's bogus curvature pictures are inadmissable, then these surely are by the very same token.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »
How do you explain the pictures taken by the lego mindstorms that clearly show the curvature of the earth?
http://gizmodo.com/5032123/lego-robot-sends-pictures-from-space-wishes-it-had-lasers-to-annihilate-us-all

Don't just say they used a fancy lens or photoshopping, because they didn't.

The lego craft is looking down at the sun's distinct circular area of light upon our Flat Earth.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 03:43:26 PM »
It's probably photoshopped anyway. I'm a bit handy with photoshop myself, and I could probably make a pretty good picture of, say, a round planet made out of a ruler? I'd take a little while, though. I'm moving house this week.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.