continental drifting

• 297 Replies
continental drifting
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:45:26 AM »
Just some clarification, do you guys believe that the ice wall has been where it is now all along, even though all the other land masses have moved?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: continental drifting
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
I personally believe that the continents have essentially always been in approximately the same location as they are now, and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one.

So basically, the other land masses haven't moved.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
Then please explain fossil evidence.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
What about it?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000

lindelof

• DADA IS NOT DEAD. WATCH YOUR OVERCOAT.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »
Dinosaurs used boats.  Duh.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
I'm still waiting for a response from Doggy.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
And also explain plant fossil evidence, and plants obviously can't make boats.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:50:29 PM »
Dinosaurs built boats.

Because human colonists have never brought plant species with them to new continents, right?  ::)
And dinosaurs surely wouldn't either...?  ::)

lindelof

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »

What, you're just going to discount the whole idea of intelligent plants just like that?

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 12:56:28 PM »
You seem to not understand that plants have been around longer than dinosaures and humans.  ::)

Also explain the freshwater crocodile, found in both Brazil and South Africa. They coudn't have swum that whole way.

lindelof

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »

Also explain the freshwater crocodile, found in both Brazil and South Africa. They coudn't have swum that whole way.

When the Dinosaurs went across the Atlantic, they took their crocodiles with them.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »
Ok this is hard to explain so you can do it for yourself Doggy.

Go to this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_drift

and scroll down to "evidence". You'll see what I mean then.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 01:23:06 PM »
Great, so point me in the direction of plants which appear to have migrated before the dinosaurs did.

And yes, the dinosaurs almost certainly kept livestock (crocodiles, non-sentient genuses of dinosaur, etc.). The ability to herd domestic animals seems to have been a crucial development in the advancing of human civilization, and there's no reason to suspect that it was any different for the dinosaurs.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »
Great, so point me in the direction of plants which appear to have migrated before the dinosaurs did.

And yes, the dinosaurs almost certainly kept livestock (crocodiles, non-sentient genuses of dinosaur, etc.). The ability to herd domestic animals seems to have been a crucial development in the advancing of human civilization, and there's no reason to suspect that it was any different for the dinosaurs.
wow just wow
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
I'll tell you this: the more and more I thought about Dogplatters theory (which I'll confess, sounded quite absurd at first), the more and more I realised how much sense it made. Dinosaurs lumbering around in a blind rage is essentially a Hollywood invention; in truth we have no idea hw they behaved, and only an extremely limited fossil record to base our knowledge on. Many animals display communication, teamwork and tool-building; there is every reason to think that dinosaurs might have as well.

That fossil evidence supports his theory means that I cannot see how one can dismiss his theory; it seems at the very least highly probable, and certainly possible.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »
Even short of that, I find it likely in millions of years for fertilized eggs to find passage across the oceans. Is it so hard to imagine driftwood carrying living matter?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »
I'll tell you this: the more and more I thought about Dogplatters theory (which I'll confess, sounded quite absurd at first), the more and more I realised how much sense it made. Dinosaurs lumbering around in a blind rage is essentially a Hollywood invention; in truth we have no idea hw they behaved, and only an extremely limited fossil record to base our knowledge on. Many animals display communication, teamwork and tool-building; there is every reason to think that dinosaurs might have as well.

That fossil evidence supports his theory means that I cannot see how one can dismiss his theory; it seems at the very least highly probable, and certainly possible.

Thanks for letting me know you are a troll.  I was wondering. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »

Plants didn't migrate, the continents split up so the plants did too. That's kind of...obvious.

Dinosaures keeping livestock? Like that other guy said:
wow just wow

Now first tell me exactly HOW dinosaures did that. No thumbs. Peanut sized brains. How would they be able to herd up animals that could be as big as them? And how could they store animals in anything close to a ranch/farm/whatever? They also had no body parts whatsoever that could build any type of cage.

And of course, WHY would they do that. Would they eat them? Sell them?

Stegosaures: "Ya I'd like to buy some dilophosaurus hamburgers for my dinner tonight and also a few live rhoetosaurus. I'm thinking of starting my own farm.  ;) "

Yes I can DEFINITLY see the dinos doing that!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »
The only thing the fe'ers know is what they make up in their heads. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
Lets just assume that dinosaurs were intelligent enough to build boats and that plants spontaneously migrated thousands of miles, how do you explain chemically and structurally identical rocks in Greenland and Scotland, seperated by thousands of miles of rock bearing no resemblance to each. There is only one answer, they were in the same place at some point in the past, end of story. If the continents arn't moving how do you explain earthquakes, or mountain ranges or the mid atlantic ridge, or the fossil links or the vast changes in climate across the various areas of the earth. We know that during the Permian era the UK was a hot arid land North america on the other hand at exactly the same period in time was experiencing an extended period of glacial movement and going through one of the most dramatic ice ages known, yet both of these now enjoy similar climates i.e North north america and UK. If the continents don't move then it means your light has moved off its route massivly and also now changed to an irregular movement.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
Looks like a goodly number of Round Earther's haven't read the 17-page thread which exists already on Dino-colonisation.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2739.msg437127#msg437127
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:48:10 AM by Dogplatter »

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »
Looks like someone is afraid to anser a question.

I could go up to a preist anywhere and ask "How did god make the world'

As a true beliver (him that is)he would tell me straight away. He would not say "go read the bible kid"

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 01:35:01 AM »
Plants didn't migrate, the continents split up so the plants did too. That's kind of...obvious.

Dinosaures keeping livestock? Like that other guy said:
wow just wow

Now first tell me exactly HOW dinosaures did that. No thumbs. Peanut sized brains. How would they be able to herd up animals that could be as big as them? And how could they store animals in anything close to a ranch/farm/whatever? They also had no body parts whatsoever that could build any type of cage.

Yet birds using simple tools, building nests and migrating thousands of miles is perfectly reasonable? The relationships that exist in nature TODAY are incredibly complex and varied; the idea that it could not have been then is ridiculous. Even mainstream sicence is reviewing it's long held concept of the 'dumb raging beast' so often flaunted by hollywood:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/01/04/dinosaur-intelligence.html
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

trig

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 07:41:20 AM »
Please keep feeding the trolls. This is more entertaining than Monty Python.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
Looks like a goodly number of Round Earther's haven't read the 17-page thread which exists already on Dino-colonisation.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2739.msg437127#msg437127
YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »

Yet birds using simple tools, building nests and migrating thousands of miles is perfectly reasonable? The relationships that exist in nature TODAY are incredibly complex and varied; the idea that it could not have been then is ridiculous. Even mainstream sicence is reviewing it's long held concept of the 'dumb raging beast' so often flaunted by hollywood:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/01/04/dinosaur-intelligence.html

If you cut a hole in a birds nest, the bird will continue to lay eggs even though they fall out of the nest. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 12:55:50 PM »
But who would cut a hole in a dinosaur's boat?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 01:03:17 PM »
But who would cut a hole in a dinosaur's boat?
I pointed that out to show that birds arn't really thinking. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »
What kind of sicko are you to even try that? Anyway birds do think. The idea that only humans can think, which is all that separates us from the animals, is ridiculous.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>