What made you a FE'er?

• 33 Replies
What made you a FE'er?
« on: June 30, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »
I have nothing against FE'ers, but why, and when did you pick up your beleif in a Falt Earth? Were your parents FE'ers?, did you read an old book? Or did you just "Belive" ???  ??? Sorry if this has been mentioned, I forgot about search.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: What made you a FE'er?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 03:41:45 PM »
Extreme skepticism.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
I belive the Earth is at falt for many things.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »
I was an FE'er the moment dad came.

Guessed

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »
I was an FE'er the moment dad came.

Classy as usual Mr.Wilde.
Is Dino open source?

Quote from: grogberries

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »
I had a life changing mystical experience that led me to view the world (in particular) with more skepticism than most.  This lead me to investigating the Flat Earth idealogies.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:11:57 PM »
That's pretty neat :)

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
no prob, you are generally well-liked by others here and are knowledgeable, so, you kinda deserve it.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »
no prob, you are generally well-liked by others here and are knowledgeable, so, you kinda deserve it.

Well, if your goal is to make me like you through compliments, you are well on the right path.     At any rate, you seem a civil intelligent and nice person.  Not something we often find here with new members, especially though of the globular persuasion. Glad to have you here.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 04:32:55 PM »

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
read above, but, just for fun, no problem.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 04:51:27 PM »
Thank you very much Username ;D. It almost brings a tear to my eye :'(. The only thing that is bothering me is that I keep on making spelling mistakes!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:53:40 PM by GreenEarth »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 08:31:32 PM »
I became an FE'er because I thought it might get me laid. I was soooo right.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 02:09:45 PM »
I became a flat earther for many reasons, but mainly because it is the one I found most appealing and likely, and because I have a great interest in philosophical questions related to perspective and truth, and the relative nature of both.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »
I think my reason for becoming an FE'er is the best one. What do I win?
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 02:26:15 PM »
A roast!
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »
Awesome! Roast moose right?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
Spit roast.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
No spit roast thanks

Roast RE'er could be nice though

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
Depends on the glaze or fixin's...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »
If I told you I'd have to kill you  :P

Seriously though, I became an FEer as part of a gradual process of investigation. There wasn't one moment when it totally snapped into place, I just became more and more certain of the Earth's shape the more research I did. Getting ENaG (Earth Not a Globe) really got the ball rolling, but I had my doubts about globularism beforehand as the idea of the Earth being a ball spinning around the Sun seems absurd anyway. I personally verified the conclusions of a couple of Parallax's experiments (in a different location). That had me pretty certain, and I urge others to do similar stuff. With a little bit of effort and time you can reproduce such experiments and see for yourself, and the DIY-science approach is exactly what Zeteticism is all about. Don't trust me, trust your own senses and experiments!

Anyway, mild Conspiracy harassment further confirmed my suspicions. The further I delved into the sordid underbelly of the hidden globularist agenda, the more danger I found myself in. One time on my way to collect some Flat Earth merch we commissioned (a parcel of stickers) I got attacked by a bird in the street, which they had obviously trained to try and attack me. It flew down out of nowhere and just started biting my face viciously, and it drew blood, but I managed to get away. There was a guy in a suit talking into some walkie-talkie thing and looking at me from a doorway. I'm pretty sure they were just trying to scare me away based on what I was doing at the time, it blatantly wasn't an assassination attempt or anything, but it's still pretty frightening when you think about it. Think what they did to Scott of the Antarctic, and to CK Johnson's house and library just a few years ago. Nothing is sacred to these people.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »
Anyway, mild Conspiracy harassment further confirmed my suspicions. The further I delved into the sordid underbelly of the hidden globularist agenda, the more danger I found myself in. One time on my way to collect some Flat Earth merch we commissioned (a parcel of stickers) I got attacked by a bird in the street, which they had obviously trained to try and attack me. It flew down out of nowhere and just started biting my face viciously, and it drew blood, but I managed to get away. There was a guy in a suit talking into some walkie-talkie thing and looking at me from a doorway. I'm pretty sure they were just trying to scare me away based on what I was doing at the time, it blatantly wasn't an assassination attempt or anything, but it's still pretty frightening when you think about it. Think what they did to Scott of the Antarctic, and to CK Johnson's house and library just a few years ago. Nothing is sacred to these people.
Just how low can these guys go?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »
Hahaha the story gets better and better Dogman

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »
This has actually worked! i thought this would downgrade into "Yes!,No!" squabble. Thanks for being civil. And all of these are all very good reasons ;).

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 03:17:05 PM »
And all of these are all very good reasons ;).
Thank you.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
This has actually worked! i thought this would downgrade into "Yes!,No!" squabble. Thanks for being civil. And all of these are all very good reasons ;).

My reason is the best though, right?

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »
yeah! getting laid! lol! I died laughing.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »
It worked anyways