What keeps the Moon and Sun?

• 2 Replies
What keeps the Moon and Sun?
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »
From falling downward on the infinite plain that the flat earth is resting on and accelerating upward.  Do they have magical rocket engines powered with lsd and good feelings that keep them up right, I mean they are spheres , we need to keep them away from our infinite plain, by gosh they could go crazy and roll around like big pinballs crushing the ice ring and releasing the water into the icy abyssal plain of the infinite plain. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Re: What keeps the Moon and Sun?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »
Search function. Learn it. Love it.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

trig

Re: What keeps the Moon and Sun?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »
I can save you from some of the searching.

The same magic forces that accelerate Earth can accelerate the Sun and Moon and stars and planets. They are made of something other than the matter that you, I, or anything you can find on Earth.

All the celestial objects are not just "kept up", they also move "horizontally" in rather arbitrary orbits around a point above the North Pole, tracing paths for which there is no explanation or possibility of prediction beyond what the Ptolemaic system had.

Remember, the Ptolemaic system was superseded by Copernicus about 400 years ago.