Proof of the conspiracy

• 85 Replies
Re: Proof of the conspiracy
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 05:13:21 PM »
and btw, outside this window,  there is a *round* earth, as PROVEN by endless real life proof

Such as?

?

kainedamo

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »
Countless photographs.  First hand accounts of astronauts.  Meteorlogists.  Countless other experts.

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »
Countless photographs.

There are also countless photographs of the flat earth. More in fact than show a round earth.

First hand accounts of astronauts.

And we should trust them because.........

Meteorlogists.

What do they have to do with the shape of the earth?

Countless other experts.

I wasnt aware that there was a "expert in the shape of the earth" expert.

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »
ok, take a step back. Don't look at the "I believe, you believe". One side, the RE, has tons of proof, scientific and otherwise, whether that proof is accepted by the other side or not. The other side, FE, doesn't offer actual proof, just hearsay and shouts about conspiracy.

Who would you believe? Even if both sides say the other is wrong, RE has the info to back them up. FE just doesn't.

ok, new post while i was writing this, why should we trust astronauts?.... hmmm..... why not trust them? why should I trust them more than this site for example?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:26:04 PM by Allayna »

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
One side, the RE, has tons of proof, scientific and otherwis.

Yet every time I ask for some, I get "photographs" and "meteoroligists". I havent seen any real proof. If there is so much of it, why cant you find any?

Who would you believe?

RE.

RE has the info to back them up.

Again, what info is this?

ok, new post while i was writing this, why should we trust astronauts?.... hmmm..... why not trust them? why should I trust them more than this site for example?

Thats your judgement to make.

?

kainedamo

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »
Countless photographs.

There are also countless photographs of the flat earth. More in fact than show a round earth.

No, there are not.  There are photos of mountain ranges, forests, plains, deserts, etc etc.  But there are no photos of a "flat" Earth from space.  Or from the outer atmosphere.  No photos from the edge of the Earth.  There is not a single photo in existence that shows the Earth is flat.

And we should trust them because.........[/quote]

The question is, why shouldn't we trust them?  Oh, 'cause the burden of proof is on the visitors to your board.  How convenient.  I thought this was a forum for debating.  Tell me why I shouldn't trust them, and give me a good reason other than "the earth is flat therefore there is a conspiracy".

The astronauts accounts are also backed up by many people on the ground.  Over the decades, thats thousands of people.  All very intelligent people, too.  So either, they're all lying, or they are being fed false information.  But like I said, they're intelligent people.  Is there an account from one single sole individual that has worked for NASA or any other space program that believes the Earth is flat or that there is a conspiracy?

?

kainedamo

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
One side, the RE, has tons of proof, scientific and otherwis.

Yet every time I ask for some, I get "photographs" and "meteoroligists". I havent seen any real proof. If there is so much of it, why cant you find any?

There is plenty, you just refuse to believe it.  I told you that there are plenty of people that will give a first hand account that the Earth is round.  That isn't good enough for you.  Photographs aren't good enough for you.  What is good enough for you, exactly?  If you give me a clue, maybe that will make it easier.

And how come the burden always gets put on the RE on this board?  It's a pattern I've noticed in just about every thread.  I'm almost convinced that this entire website is a joke because the arguments from FE'ers are so laughable.  "Look at the FAQ", "the burden of proof is on you", "there is a conspiracy", all the while never offering actual proof yourselves.

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
One side, the RE, has tons of proof, scientific and otherwise.

yeah, and every time I ask for FE proof I get.... lets see now.... NOTHING! NADA! ZIP! ZERO! do I need go on?

And this is the second time you've ignored part of my statement. I said "One side, the RE, has tons of proof, scientific and otherwise, whether that proof is accepted by the other side or not."

You don't accept our proof, I get that.... but you haven't offered any proof at all....

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2008, 05:46:43 PM »
Countless photographs.

No, there are not.  There are photos of mountain ranges, forests, plains, deserts, etc etc.  But there are no photos of a "flat" Earth from space.  Or from the outer atmosphere.  No photos from the edge of the Earth.  There is not a single photo in existence that shows the Earth is flat.

The question is, why shouldn't we trust them?  Oh, 'cause the burden of proof is on the visitors to your board.  How convenient.  I thought this was a forum for debating.  Tell me why I shouldn't trust them, and give me a good reason other than "the earth is flat therefore there is a conspiracy".

The astronauts accounts are also backed up by many people on the ground.  Over the decades, thats thousands of people.  All very intelligent people, too.  So either, they're all lying, or they are being fed false information.  But like I said, they're intelligent people.  Is there an account from one single sole individual that has worked for NASA or any other space program that believes the Earth is flat or that there is a conspiracy?
[/quote]

don't even bother arguing with these guys. they're just in it for fun, and the harder you try to convince them they're wrong, the harder they laugh. seriously, internet debating does not increase your debating skill very much, because you aren't looking at the person you're arguing with. So, you aren't getting better at debating, and you aren't getting anywhere with convincing these guys that they're wrong, so what's the point? the earth is obviously round so let's all stop playing their stupid debating game. you're much smarter than any FE'er on this site, and "winning" the arguments isn't necessary to prove that.

go to the beach. it's fun there. this site, on the other hand, isn't fun. plus, there's hot girls at the beach. none on here. i wonder why...

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2008, 05:49:54 PM »
One side, the RE, has tons of proof, scientific and otherwise.

yeah, and every time I ask for FE proof I get.... lets see now.... NOTHING! NADA! ZIP! ZERO! do I need go on?

And this is the second time you've ignored part of my statement. I said "One side, the RE, has tons of proof, scientific and otherwise, whether that proof is accepted by the other side or not."

You don't accept our proof, I get that.... but you haven't offered any proof at all....

I think I know you.  Weren't you at the great ice wall last year?

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »
this site, on the other hand, isn't fun.

actually, I'm enjoying laughing at FE non-answers! at least some brief fun.

and I'm not even going to respond to Kable... *rolls eyes*

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »
No photos from the edge of the Earth.

Because we havent been there.

There is not a single photo in existence that shows the Earth is flat.

That looks pretty flat.

The earth is flat, therefore there is a conspiracy. The burden of proof is on you. If you have such a big problem with that, start a round earth society forum. Then we will come to you and you can say "burden of proof is on you to prove the earth is flat". Until you do that, deal with it.

As explained above, there is a conspiracy.

---------------------

Argh, people putting replies in while Im replying.

------------------

Okay. Search for a book called "earth not a globe". There is a link floating about here somewhere. It details experiments which show the earth to be flat. You can dispute these experiments all you want (I find them to be severely flawed) but at least you cant say we dont have anything.

So what? Im saying that if there is "tons of proof" why cant you offer anything substantial? (photos dont prove anything).

See above.

As for what I would accept as proof, how about you try and expand your definition of proof beyond "photos and astronauts"? Im an REr, I have my own standard of what constitutes proof for RE. I want to see what you can come up with.

?

kainedamo

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »
Countless photographs.

No, there are not.  There are photos of mountain ranges, forests, plains, deserts, etc etc.  But there are no photos of a "flat" Earth from space.  Or from the outer atmosphere.  No photos from the edge of the Earth.  There is not a single photo in existence that shows the Earth is flat.

The question is, why shouldn't we trust them?  Oh, 'cause the burden of proof is on the visitors to your board.  How convenient.  I thought this was a forum for debating.  Tell me why I shouldn't trust them, and give me a good reason other than "the earth is flat therefore there is a conspiracy".

The astronauts accounts are also backed up by many people on the ground.  Over the decades, thats thousands of people.  All very intelligent people, too.  So either, they're all lying, or they are being fed false information.  But like I said, they're intelligent people.  Is there an account from one single sole individual that has worked for NASA or any other space program that believes the Earth is flat or that there is a conspiracy?

don't even bother arguing with these guys. they're just in it for fun, and the harder you try to convince them they're wrong, the harder they laugh. seriously, internet debating does not increase your debating skill very much, because you aren't looking at the person you're arguing with. So, you aren't getting better at debating, and you aren't getting anywhere with convincing these guys that they're wrong, so what's the point? the earth is obviously round so let's all stop playing their stupid debating game. you're much smarter than any FE'er on this site, and "winning" the arguments isn't necessary to prove that.

go to the beach. it's fun there. this site, on the other hand, isn't fun. plus, there's hot girls at the beach. none on here. i wonder why...
[/quote]

I can see its a waste of time.  Thread after thread after thread, these guys fail to answer questions.  You would think people supposedly so passionate about the subject would be better at debating it.  It's becoming increasingly obvious that it is a joke to most of them.  This website is a troll experiment.

Example - I kindly inform an FE'er that there are no photos from space or from the outer atmosphere that prove the Earth is flat.

What does DrainCoverLover post?  A picture of a fucking beach.

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »

Example - I kindly inform an FE'er that there are no photos from space or from the outer atmosphere that prove the Earth is flat.

And ironically enough, in my last post I just stated that I was an REr. Funny that.

What does DrainCoverLover post?  A picture of a fucking beach.

You said there wasnt a single picture which shows the earth is flat. This is completely unconnected to your previous statement about the photo of the edge.

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »
*laughs again* more non-answers

"the burden of proof" this is a debate board is it not? both sides hold the burden of proof (no matter how much you dodge around that fact). again, proof for RE is everywhere, and "proof" for FE is only in a couple other places, like that book you mentioned.

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »
"the burden of proof" this is a debate board is it not? both sides hold the burden of proof (no matter how much you dodge around that fact).

BoP (its too long to keep typing) is on you. Like I said, if you dont like this, deal with it.

again, proof for RE is everywhere

So why cant you find any beyond photographs?

?

kainedamo

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »
Quote from: DrainCoverLover[/quote

Because we havent been there.

See this thread...

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=22270.0

There is not a single photo in existence that shows the Earth is flat.

That looks pretty flat.[/quote]

That is a photo of a beach, you fucking kindergarden idiot.  If you think that proves that the entire Earth is flat you're a fucking moron.  I specifically said, there are no photos taken from space or the outer atmosphere that prove the Earth is flat.  In a lame attempt to prove me wrong, you give me a picture of a fucking beach.

I tell you what.  Go get yourself a really, really good telescope and bring it to the beach.  If the Earth is flat, surely you should be able to see the next country over if the telescope is powerful enough.

The earth is flat, therefore there is a conspiracy. The burden of proof is on you. If you have such a big problem with that, start a round earth society forum. Then we will come to you and you can say "burden of proof is on you to prove the earth is flat". Until you do that, deal with it.[/quote]

Dear MORON!!

What is this sub forum called?  It is called - Flat Earth Debate & Discussion, so don't pull that crap with me.  This "discussion" is entirely one sided.

As explained above, there is a conspiracy.

I would love to learn more details about this conspiracy.  Do you have any links to a single ex employee of NASA or any other space program, or any photographs, or any leaked reports, that point to a possible conspiracy or cover up of a flat earth?

If this is a debate and discussion, why are you completely and utterly failing to debate your position?  All we ask for is one shred of proof, one little piece.  Don't cop out.

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »
New to the board.  Thank you all for having me.  One question, why can't we see across the Great Lakes to the other shore if the earth is flat?  There is plenty of lenses that have the resolving power to do so.  Now a statement.  In our lives, what difference does it make it the earth is flat or if it is round.  Most of us wont even get out of our little areas all of our life so it really doesn't matter anyway.  Thank you for letting me participate.

?

kainedamo

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »
If you guys think I'm being disrespectful at all, its because I suspect our collective chains are being pulled.  I feel like my intelligence is being insulted.

Prove me wrong by providing an intelligent debate, instead of excuses and cop outs.

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2008, 06:12:25 PM »

That is a photo of a beach, you fucking kindergarden idiot.  If you think that proves that the entire Earth is flat you're a fucking moron.  I specifically said, there are no photos taken from space or the outer atmosphere that prove the Earth is flat.  In a lame attempt to prove me wrong, you give me a picture of a fucking beach.

Why the ad hominem attacks? are you running out of arguments by any chance? All you said was that there wasnt a single picture which shows the earth is flat. I posted one. You said nothing about that single picture having to be from space.

I tell you what.  Go get yourself a really, really good telescope and bring it to the beach.  If the Earth is flat, surely you should be able to see the next country over if the telescope is powerful enough.

You would if there wasnt an atmosphere.

Dear MORON!!

What is this sub forum called?  It is called - Flat Earth Debate & Discussion, so don't pull that crap with me.  This "discussion" is entirely one sided.

The astronauts accounts are also backed up by many people on the ground.  Over the decades, thats thousands of people.  All very intelligent people, too.  So either, they're all lying, or they are being fed false information.  But like I said, they're intelligent people.  Is there an account from one single sole individual that has worked for NASA or any other space program that believes the Earth is flat or that there is a conspiracy?

More ad hominems? Oh dear.

If there was proof for a conspiracy, then it wouldnt be a conspiracy, would it?

If this is a debate and discussion, why are you completely and utterly failing to debate your position?  All we ask for is one shred of proof, one little piece.  Don't cop out.

Earth not a globe is one shred of evidence (and I use that term very lightly) for FE.

?

kainedamo

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »

Why the ad hominem attacks? are you running out of arguments by any chance? All you said was that there wasnt a single picture which shows the earth is flat. I posted one. You said nothing about that single picture having to be from space.

Yes, yes I did.  I said that there are no photos that prove conclusively that the Earth is flat.  I have yet to be proven wrong.  Your picture of a beach proves nothing.  I explained in a post above that I'm being insulting because I suspect this website is a joke, in which case you'd be laughing at me behind your screen because you've succeeded in wasting everyones time.  Anyway, the intelligence of debate is so low, I feel like my intelligence is being insulted anyway.  I ask for photographic proof the Earth, as a whole, is flat, and you provide me a picture of a beach, and expect me not to be insulted?

I tell you what.  Go get yourself a really, really good telescope and bring it to the beach.  If the Earth is flat, surely you should be able to see the next country over if the telescope is powerful enough.

You would if there wasnt an atmosphere.[/quote]

Another convenient excuse.

Dear MORON!!

What is this sub forum called?  It is called - Flat Earth Debate & Discussion, so don't pull that crap with me.  This "discussion" is entirely one sided.

More ad hominems? Oh dear.

If there was proof for a conspiracy, then it wouldnt be a conspiracy, would it?[/quote]

Not true.

Even UFO conspiracies have more actual evidence than the conspiracy that governments are covering up that the world is flat.  Keep in mind, I'm not saying UFO conspiracies are true.  I'm just saying, it is possible to find a leaked report, a disgruntled ex employee, something, ANYTHING that adds more credance to your position.

If this is a debate and discussion, why are you completely and utterly failing to debate your position?  All we ask for is one shred of proof, one little piece.  Don't cop out.

Earth not a globe is one shred of evidence (and I use that term very lightly) for FE.

Well, thats just a statement, it isn't proof of anything.

FE'ers should be able to back up their position more effectively.

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2008, 06:34:03 PM »
yeah, i was hoping to have a real debate in here, but FE's non-answers are getting old. And if you think about it, the whole world is a "round earth society" because that's what most everyone believes. so you are hiding here in this little corner of the WWW and saying everyone else is wrong. so, the "burden of proof" is on you. prove us wrong, don't just SAY we are wrong and SAY our evidence is fake! PROVE our PROOF is wrong.

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2008, 06:39:16 PM »
Pictures of beaches and crap doesn't prove a flat earth, just proves that it looks flat from that perspective. It's convenient that in FE you can't go outside the earth and look to see it's actual shape, which would conclusively prove it. As long as nobody can take a picture there's no way to 100% prove it

?

kainedamo

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »
Pictures of beaches and crap doesn't prove a flat earth, just proves that it looks flat from that perspective. It's convenient that in FE you can't go outside the earth and look to see it's actual shape, which would conclusively prove it. As long as nobody can take a picture there's no way to 100% prove it

And ironically, they just say the satallite images of Earth are "fake".

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »

yeah, it's really convenient that you can't go up into space and take a picture to prove the earth is flat. and at the same time, our proof of RE is fake because you can't go up into space because the earth is flat.

you know, I think I'd like to bring Occam's Razor into the discussion- "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."  So- either the earth is round because science, pictures, videos, personal experience proves it. or the earth is flat because there's a government conspiracy and only a small group knows the truth, but can offer no real proof of their position or disprove common belief.

and yes, I know Occam's Razor is not the be all end all of solutions, but I'm using it to make a point
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 06:51:46 PM by Allayna »

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »
yeah, i was hoping to have a real debate in here, but FE's non-answers are getting old.
Then try posting in a thread other than this one.
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?