An Ice Wall Cannot Exist

• 41 Replies

Coma

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« on: May 06, 2006, 07:56:49 AM »
Your so called 'ice wall' cannot exist.  For starters there is no way it could stay frozen for all of these years.

Also you said the wall was around 150ft high, isn't that low enough for a plane to fly over, or for a human to climb over? If there was an Ice Wall in have to be a sorta dome shape around the earth, but alas it would just melt.

And I recall one of you FE's saying that it froze under pressure, the wall couldn't freeze under pressure unless was in the core of the earth (which has a lot of pressure)

And that vast amount of ice isn't a ice wall it's glaciers or it could be antartica! (which has been filmed on for documentaries, and also people have walked on it's land)

Besides if the water was running against the ice wall it would melt even faster! To prove that simply put a ice cube under your faucet, then turn the faucet on, do you notice how the ice melts very fast?

So please give me some proof that it exists

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
Re: An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 10:10:45 AM »
Quote from: "Coma"
Your so called 'ice wall' cannot exist.  For starters there is no way it could stay frozen for all of these years.

Your so-called "south pole" cannot exist. For starters there is no way it could stay frozen for all of these years.

--Chal

Coma

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »
The south pole is at the bottom of the earth, being at the bottom of the earth it recives virtually no sun light thus making it frozen for all these years. And your wall is all around the world thus receiving lots of sunlight

Antartica is listed on all world maps, but wait a second weres your precious ice wall? Oh wait it dosen't exist! And besides without antartica we would have no Emperor Penguins to begin with, being that they are NATIVE to antartica!

Who gave me typos?

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 10:29:57 AM »
In the FE model, the sun is closer and smaller than in the RE one, and produces a spotlight-like effect (so one can't see the sun from the other side of Earth). It misses the ice wall similar to the way it does on an RE due to this.

--Chal

Coma

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 10:39:46 AM »
Yes, but at least one part of the wall would be melted by suns rays

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 10:56:13 AM »
Quote from: "Chaltier"
In the FE model, the sun is closer and smaller than in the RE one, and produces a spotlight-like effect (so one can't see the sun from the other side of Earth). It misses the ice wall similar to the way it does on an RE due to this.

--Chal

except you're wrong.

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 11:01:19 AM »
Quote from: "zanzobar"
except you're wrong.

What a splendid refutation of FE! Such thoroughness and understanding of the world; why did no one else think of this outstanding disproof before?

--Chal

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 11:03:51 AM »
except you're wrong.

What a splendid refutation of FE! Such thoroughness and understanding of the world; why did no one else think of this outstanding disproof before?

--Chal

i don't need to prove you wrong because any argument against fact is stupid.  i am not saying you are stupid, just your ideas and concept of science.

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »
And how do you know RE to be a fact? Because you've been told it in the school system? Yes, I'd say you must be able to prove me wrong, at least to yourself if not on here, before being so closed-minded to other theories.

--Chal

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 11:16:55 AM »
i know i have a heart, lungs and spine in my body.  I have never cut myself open and looked for myself, but people trained in such things have looked inside humans and found these organs.  time after time these organs are found inside humans.  i probably have them too.

i have never been to space, but HUNDREDS of people have. they took pictures, captured video, brought stuff back from space, and left stuff there.  if i were to go to space, I'd see a round earth, just like them.

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 11:35:27 AM »
except you're wrong.

Wow, that was easy! Man and I've spent all this time trying to think of arguments and stuff...

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 11:36:19 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
except you're wrong.

Wow, that was easy! Man and I've spent all this time trying to think of arguments and stuff...

no i'm not.

Coma

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 11:43:13 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
except you're wrong.

How is zanzobar wrong for telling you things that were actually caught on tape and broadcasted around the world

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 11:51:22 AM »
How is zanzobar wrong for telling you things that were actually caught on tape and broadcasted around the world

Unimportant is just using zanzobar's own arguing style against him. Chaltier made a statement earlier and zanzobar said "you're wrong" without ever bothering to say why. If he can do that so can we, right?
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 11:57:13 AM »
except only one of us can be telling the truth.  that would be me.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 01:16:30 PM »
except only one of us can be telling the truth.  that would be me.

That only works on the assumption that you're always right, but you rely on yourself to prove that you are always right.

Are you familiar with Curry's paradox?

?

razor_wicked

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »
so if a guy goes around the world in a balloon, how is the earth not round? did he just float down off the side and go underneath or what?

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 03:40:15 PM »
I never knew that when people circumnavigated the world they had to go to Antarctica

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »
ALso much as I think Flat Eartherism is stupid you could circumnavigate a Flat EArth as it is a circle.
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

Re: An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 07:17:21 PM »

Your so-called "south pole" cannot exist. For starters there is no way it could stay frozen for all of these years.

--Chal

Like Coma said it is at the bottom of the earth and recieves very little sunlight. But the ice around the south pole is beginning to melt, with the rising water level and all. Once it melts, many islands will be under water.
The Earth is round because Jesus told me so...

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 07:20:19 PM »
no, once it melts a bit away the freshwater will screw with the ocean currents, and in turn cause the Earth to cool.

Look at how the Medieval warm period was followed by the little ice age

?

scotty

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 06:15:56 AM »
Quote from: "Gustave5436"
no, once it melts a bit away the freshwater will screw with the ocean currents, and in turn cause the Earth to cool.

Look at how the Medieval warm period was followed by the little ice age

Video tape evidence of Medieval little ice age?

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:35 AM »
Quote from: "scotty"
Video tape evidence of Medieval little ice age?

Video tape evidence of the more commonly believed ice age, ~10,000 years ago?

--Chal

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 01:42:34 PM »
how about the fact that Napoleon got pwned when he invaded Russia and his army starved and froze to death, or that the Vinland and Greenland Viking colonies failed (Greenland may actually have been Green when it was named).  Or even the fact that 1815 had no summer at all?  I don't need to prove the little ice age

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 03:22:36 PM »
And I recall one of you FE's saying that it froze under pressure, the wall couldn't freeze under pressure unless was in the core of the earth (which has a lot of pressure)

I'm a RE'er, but I don't think water would freeze under pressure.  Water has a higher density than ice.
 captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 05:29:32 PM »
Quote from: "razor_wicked"
so if a guy goes around the world in a balloon,

... then his path was totally controlled by the wind.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 08:33:52 AM »
If there was an Ice Wall we cannot exsist, we would be all dead...

Do we forget the Ice Age?

Also this planet to start off with had no ice, it was a big ball of magma... too hot for ice. What magically created the Ice Wall?

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 11:15:52 AM »
Quote from: "sven1988uk"

Why?

Also this planet to start off with had no ice, it was a big ball of magma... too hot for ice. What magically created the Ice Wall?

Same thing that REers say magically created all the ice covering Antarctica.  Planet cooled, oceans formed, the stuff at the edges froze.  Pretty straightforward.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 11:24:46 AM »
Quote from: "sven1988uk"

Do we forget the Ice Age?

it was a big ball of lava and asteroid collisions when a gas cloud collapsed on itself forming the round Earth, but a flat Earth would not form that way.

An Ice Wall Cannot Exist
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 03:31:53 AM »
So how would it form, or is it like God? Flat Earth always has been here in exsistance.