The Victims of Shuttle Crashes

• 65 Replies

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
Re: The Victims of Shuttle Crashes
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
Please provide proof to back up your claim.

The earth is flat and sustained spaceflight is impossible.

The Earth is infact round. Spaceflight is possible and has been done. Your post just makes the Earth rounder than it already is.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

?

Iskaros

• Flat Earth Cover up
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
So we are in agreement that I am not wrong?

No but everytime RE people hit u good u mask the wound to look like it never happened. Eventually ur going to run out of masking tape and i hope im there when it happens.
"Always take an oblique approach" General Flavius Belisarius

I'm a teenager big whoop teenagers can be smart (every once in a million years)

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 08:37:14 PM »
The Earth is infact round. Spaceflight is possible and has been done. Your post just makes the Earth rounder than it already is.

You're wrong.

?

Iskaros

• Flat Earth Cover up
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »
no ur wrong

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 08:45:13 PM »

You're wrong.

Tom, "You're wrong." does not constitute a proper rebuttal.  Please explain just how he is wrong.
Don't try to argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 08:56:20 PM »
Tom, "You're wrong." does not constitute a proper rebuttal.  Please explain just how he is wrong.

He's wrong because the earth is flat and sustained spaceflight is impossible.

?

Iskaros

• Flat Earth Cover up
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »
care to elaborate on that

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »

Look out your window and read Earth Not a Globe.

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »

Look out your window and read Earth Not a Globe.

Get some new research, peer reviewed if possible.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 10:11:28 PM »

Earth Not a Globe underwent constant peer review by the the Universal Zetetic Society in a publication called "Earth Not a Globe Review", which had over 1000 subscribers.

Source: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/flat/flateart.htm
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:15:45 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 10:16:09 PM »

Earth Not a Globe was peer reviewed by a publication authored by Lady Blount called "Earth Not a Globe Review", which had over 1000 subscribers.

Do you really think that counts? How about an independent peer review outside it's tiny tiny field, you know by the other side

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 10:21:59 PM »
Do you really think that counts? How about an independent peer review outside it's tiny tiny field, you know by the other side

There are no "sides", there are only independent researchers who have all come to the conclusion that the earth is a plane. You can find more corroborating works in my signature link.

But if you would like to make a single reference to any piece of literature which proves through experimentation that the earth is a globe, be my guest.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:25:43 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 10:32:52 PM »

There are no "sides", there are only independent researchers who have all come to the conclusion that the earth is a plane. You can find more corroborating works in my signature link.

But if you would like to make a single reference to any piece of literature which proves through experimentation that the earth is a globe, be my guest.

If there was no side, then what are 1000 subscribers doing reading a magazine that loudly promotes flat earth?
There are two sides in the arguments, and I'd like to know if it was peer reviewed by people without a bias
I could have written any "new" theories of flat earth and even if I just make it all up, and it would have passed peer review by that publication

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 12:19:57 AM »
There are two sides in the arguments, and I'd like to know if it was peer reviewed by people without a bias

There is no bias. That's preposterous. Why would so many independent researchers conspire to fake experiments and write entire books in an effort to support the idea that the earth is a plane?

The whole of civilized society at the time grew up under the notion that the earth was a globe. If anything there should be a bias for the globular hypothesis.

I could have written any "new" theories of flat earth and even if I just make it all up, and it would have passed peer review by that publication

The publication put all theories under rigorous experimentation and presented the results fairly and accurately. A women named Lady Bount, a writer for Earth Not a Globe Review, was among the first to provide photographic evidence for a Flat Earth:

"The Old Bedford Level was the scene of further experiments over the years, until in 1904, photography was used to prove that the earth is flat. Lady Blount, a staunch believer in the zetetic method hired a photographer, Mr Cifton of Dallmeyer's who arrived at the Bedford Level with the firm's latest Photo-Telescopic camera. The apparatus was set up at one end of the clear six-mile length, while at the other end Lady Blount and some scientific gentlemen hung a large, white calico sheet over the Bedford bridge so that the bottom of it was near the water. Mr Clifton, lying down near Welney bridge with his camera lens two feet above the water level, observed by telescope the hanging of the sheet, and found that he could see the whole of it down to the bottom. This surprised him, for he was an orthodox globularist and round-earth theory said that over a distance of six miles the bottom of the sheet should bemore than 20 feet below his line of sight. His photograph showed not only the entire sheet but its reflection in the water below. That was certified in his report to Lady Blount, which concluded: "I should not like to abandon the globular theory off-hand, but, as far as this particular test is concerned, I am prepared to maintain that (unless rays of light will travel in a curved path) these six miles of water present a level surface."

Her photographs and research is available in the Flat Earth collection at the University of Liverpool's special archives repository.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:17:37 AM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 05:29:40 AM »

There is no bias. That's preposterous. Why would so many independent researchers conspire to fake experiments and write entire books in an effort to support the idea that the earth is a plane?

For the money?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 06:08:46 AM »
A women named Lady Bount, a writer for Earth Not a Globe Review, was among the first to provide photographic evidence for a Flat Earth:

"The Old Bedford Level..."

Her photographs and research is available in the Flat Earth collection at the University of Liverpool's special archives repository.

But the Bedford level is not a body of water lying level with the planet's surface. It's a river, constantly flowing down to the point where it's level with the Earth's surface, but never managing to be level with it.

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2008, 06:18:20 AM »
A women named Lady Bount, a writer for Earth Not a Globe Review, was among the first to provide photographic evidence for a Flat Earth:

But the Bedford level is not a body of water lying level with the planet's surface. It's a river, constantly flowing down to the point where it's level with the Earth's surface, but never managing to be level with it.

Good point, *thumbs up*.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2008, 08:49:53 AM »

The Bedford Level (I think it's the Old Bedford Level) is not a constantly flowing river.  It is an old drainage cut and is drained by tidal action. 

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
Its a slow-flowing drainage canal.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »
The Bedford Level (I think it's the Old Bedford Level) is not a constantly flowing river.  It is an old drainage cut and is drained by tidal action.

As far as I can tell, it's constantly flowing. It has weirs along it's length to maintain the flow, and the fact that it has plant life growing along it suggests that the water is fresh, not salt.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2008, 11:06:11 AM »

As far as I can tell, it's constantly flowing. It has weirs along it's length to maintain the flow, and the fact that it has plant life growing along it suggests that the water is fresh, not salt.

*points up at her post*
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

the_flutist

• Viva La FE Revolution!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 11:36:28 AM »
While it's supposed to be in space, it becomes invisible.
It was not yet in space when it exploded. I fail to understand this entire point.

And the astronauts do it because, if they don't do it, the government will kill them and their family.
That's reasonable, but highly unlikely and lacks any form of supporting evidence.
Also, why would they find it nessisary to crash it in the first place?

It was supposed to crash. However, something happened before it did, causing the shuttle to explode. They need it to crash because it makes the belief that shuttles go into space more believable.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
They do go into space.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2008, 12:13:07 PM »

No. The Bedford Canal was not flowing at the time of the experiment. It's specifically described in the literature as a long stretch of standing water. That's precisely why it was chosen for the location of the experiment.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:27:43 PM by Tom Bishop »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »

No. The Bedford Canal is not flowing. It's specifically described in the literature as a long stretch of standing water. That's precisely why it was chosen for the location of the experiment.

*points again at her post*

?

the_flutist

• Viva La FE Revolution!
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »
They do go into space.

How do you know?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »
They do go into space.

How do you know?

Because they say they do, silly.  And they make all those pretty pictures.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Wordsmith

• The Immoveable Stone in your World of Weak
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »

Earth Not a Globe underwent constant peer review by the the Universal Zetetic Society in a publication called "Earth Not a Globe Review", which had over 1000 subscribers.

Source: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/flat/flateart.htm

Any chance there were some REAL scientists doing this "peer review"?

NM, i already know .....
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

?

Wordsmith

• The Immoveable Stone in your World of Weak
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2008, 01:31:47 PM »
"There is no bias. That's preposterous. Why would so many independent researchers conspire to fake experiments and write entire books in an effort to support the idea that the earth is a plane?"

Why, to support the conspiracy, don't you know? Man i thought you'd played this game for awhile now .... And the conspiracy isn't for money, it's just to see how many idiots they can get to subscribe to their point of view. and all you FErs have been suckered by their "science". Why, they even wrote a book about. that means it MUST be the truth....

right?
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »
They do go into space.

How do you know?

Because they say they do, silly.  And they make all those pretty pictures.

Yup, all those real, 100% true pictures.