Ghosts

• 213 Replies

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
Re: Ghosts
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2010, 01:24:27 PM »
I do.  When the body dies and the energy (of the soul) contained within is lost, it is transferred/dissipated into that final breath.  As the spirit is at unrest, so is the energy. The breath/apparition/man in white sheet is literally the energy at unrest moving and we can see it, much like lightning.

No, I am quite confident that you do not understand what energy is.

This. Also, if ghosts do not have a brain or any other organ or similar for processing information, I'd like to know how they can be intelligent, since they are quite literally brainless. This entire thread should be moved to religion and philosophy. Ghosts are not a part of alternative science as there is no scientific proof of their existence, nor how they would work, should they exist.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2010, 01:50:08 PM »
This. Also, if ghosts do not have a brain or any other organ or similar for processing information, I'd like to know how they can be intelligent, since they are quite literally brainless. This entire thread should be moved to religion and philosophy. Ghosts are not a part of alternative science as there is no scientific proof of their existence, nor how they would work, should they exist.

I would think of it like a invisible tether, or some type of projection. By the way of a more defined and sophisticated shadow outside of our realm of sense and perception?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2010, 02:30:46 PM »
If they are outside of our "realm of perception", which I assume is technobabble, we wouldn't be able to perceive them at all.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2010, 05:24:13 PM »
Not really; perhaps I'll expand when I have more time. It's a lot simpler than I think you're making it. Overall, ghosts are still a silly subject.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2010, 12:01:30 AM »
For the record, basic pyschology can tell you that if you expect to see and hear things, conciously or subconciously, eventually you will see and hear them. This is what the brain is supposed to do.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2010, 12:20:38 AM »
For the record, basic pyschology can tell you that if you expect to see and hear things, conciously or subconciously, eventually you will see and hear them. This is what the brain is supposed to do.

That's right.  The brain is made for those little voices you here in your head.  Next time they are talking please act on what they are saying.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2010, 12:22:46 AM »
I do.  When the body dies and the energy (of the soul) contained within is lost, it is transferred/dissipated into that final breath.  As the spirit is at unrest, so is the energy. The breath/apparition/man in white sheet is literally the energy at unrest moving and we can see it, much like lightning.

No, I am quite confident that you do not understand what energy is.

Interesting considering you don't know me from a bar of soap. I do not profess to know all their is about energy, but suffice to say I have been involved in examining this before.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2010, 02:44:09 AM »
And did you gather any physical evidence at all, or do you only have anecdotes and hunches? Because you know, the latter is often true. And by "often," I mean "always."

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2010, 05:36:38 AM »
And did you gather any physical evidence at all, or do you only have anecdotes and hunches? Because you know, the latter is often true. And by "often," I mean "always."

Woops, I have worded that a bit incorrectly. I meant to say I have worked with energy and concepts surrounding it.  I am no ghosthunter.  However if you disbelieve there are plenty of pictures as evidence.  Here are a few.

That last one is a real famous one.  He pops up everywhere.  Please don't say they are photoshopped.  The people that take these pics go to great lengths to make sure they are the real deal.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2010, 05:46:40 AM »
Christina Ricci is not a ghost.

Also, to believe in ghosts, i would have to assume you would have to beleive in souls and spirits. Do Christians believe in ghosts?

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2010, 01:41:19 PM »
I dont think ghosts and souls have to go hand in hand.

Not sure if any of you watch a programme called most haunted but have stp in one of the htels they do and it was uber weird to say the least.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
I think ghosts are real. I also believe in spirits, but I am not a religious person.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Ugh ugh! Ugh nug nug ugh!

It's fourteen French social dances past the hour.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »
I think ghosts are real. I also believe in spirits, but I am not a religious person.

I may just be stupid, but aren't spirits and ghosts generally used synonymously?
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2010, 12:49:34 AM »

I may just be stupid, but aren't spirits and ghosts generally used synonymously?

If the spirit lives on perhaps.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2010, 11:19:08 AM »

There are some people who don't believe in spirits, but still believe in ghosts. My brother for example.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »
Then you and your family must be inbred.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
Then you and your family must be inbred.

My brother is my dad, so yes.

« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »
Lol, ghosts do not exist.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:57 PM »
Lol, ghosts do not exist.

ahh they do.  I have seen and posted the pics.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2010, 12:11:31 AM »
Do Christians believe in ghosts?
Only Holy Ghosts.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2010, 05:54:22 PM »
This entire thread should be moved to religion and philosophy. Ghosts are not a part of alternative science as there is no scientific proof of their existence, nor how they would work, should they exist.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »
My mate got scratched by a ghost

But_I_Digress

• I know I'm sexy.
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
I think that most ghost sightings can be explained by tricks of the eye or psychological effects, but I also believe that some can't be explained by anything natural.
The only possible explanation for this is that the Earth is generally spherical in shape, otherwise, such a perpetual curvature could not exist

Wilmore is a RE'er in disguise

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »
I think that most ghost sightings can be explained by tricks of the eye or psychological effects, but I also believe that some can't be explained by anything natural.
The place i have been a few times has brought up some strange things but a lot of them can be explained quite easily.

But_I_Digress

• I know I'm sexy.
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2010, 12:51:37 PM »
The place i have been a few times has brought up some strange things but a lot of them can be explained quite easily.

We're talking about ghosts here, not your experience going to a transvestite strip club.
The only possible explanation for this is that the Earth is generally spherical in shape, otherwise, such a perpetual curvature could not exist

Wilmore is a RE'er in disguise

« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
Are ghosts real?

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2010, 02:11:26 AM »

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »

We're talking about ghosts here, not your experience going to a transvestite strip club.
Well you seemed to know what i was on about.

?

pearce135

« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2010, 02:50:47 AM »
i personaly think that ghost are one of the two:
1. The phychic energys of humans and animals that are relesed upon death
or
2. Other worldly beings that exist out of our time frame but the frames ocasionaly lap for short periods of time causeing us to see the ghosts for this short period of time

I would love to beleive in the first one as it posably sugests life after death but i came up with the last one my self just thinking about the topic every so often.

Dose any one know if there are simular or the same ideas around as number 2?