Volcanoes, tellers of earths shape

• 27 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Volcanoes, tellers of earths shape
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:33 PM »
Volcanoes are an important feature of the earth. They are found all over, active and inactive. But most importantly, they exist because they erupt(ed). This means that all over the earth, volcanic eruptions have occurred.

But how can this be if the earth is round? Any RE'er will tell you:
1. Unknown mechanism causes
2. Gravity to pull matter together via
3. An unknown mechanism that
4. Formed the earth into a sphere including
5. Geological pressures and densities inconsistent with uniform forces.

Assuming 2 unknowns (cause, interaction) and an inconsistency, the round earth has a perfect gravitational field/disruption/wave emission. So if the earth is squeezed on all sides, how do volcanoes erupt? For an eruption to occur, there must be an uneven pressure. Something you cannot create with even pressure.

This would occur if the earth were flat! The constant pushing from beneath the earth will squeeze the pockets of hot lava to the surface of earth. No unknowns, no inconsistencies, and definitely no crazy assumptions following the whimsically popular ideas of the day.

Isn't discovering a flat earth exciting?!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Volcanoes, tellers of earths shape
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »
It sure is.  ;D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:44:46 AM »
1) In RET, forces are not entirely uniform. This is confirmed by gravimetry. However, this isn't enough to explain it.
2) Magma forces it's way up through weaknesses and holes in the crust, such as where it is very thin (e.g. Hawaii) or a plate boundaries.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:29:24 AM by ghazwozza »

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »
Wouldn't the idea of pockets of hot lava being pushed to the surface suggest that volcanoes should be spread fairly evenly across the surface?

Most of the volcanoes on a RE form not because of uneven pressure from the core, but because of an uneven crust, thin enough in certain places or put under greater pressure due to subduction in others to allow a volcano to poke though, for example plate boundaries or as previously mentioned hot spots such as Hawaii. Besides, what makes you think the core of the RE is  perfectly even and uniform? I would expect there to be plenty of convection currents flowing though it, and the current state of the planets magnetic field suggests that it's far from uniform.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 10:38:54 AM »
Another win for FE!

?

the_flutist

• Viva La FE Revolution!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
Volcanoes are an important feature of the earth. They are found all over, active and inactive. But most importantly, they exist because they erupt(ed). This means that all over the earth, volcanic eruptions have occurred.

Assuming 2 unknowns (cause, interaction) and an inconsistency, the round earth has a perfect gravitational field/disruption/wave emission. So if the earth is squeezed on all sides, how do volcanoes erupt? For an eruption to occur, there must be an uneven pressure. Something you cannot create with even pressure.

This would occur if the earth were flat! The constant pushing from beneath the earth will squeeze the pockets of hot lava to the surface of earth. No unknowns, no inconsistencies, and definitely no crazy assumptions following the whimsically popular ideas of the day.

That's true.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »

Narc, the Earth is round. Accept it already. You know guys know about the huge holes in your theory and you ignore them. Victory for RE!! You guys simpily have huuuuge holes in your theory.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
And also, this doesn't prove flatness. We don't know how Earth got life. We don't know how the universe formed. Most of our oceans are unexplored. So this doesn't prove anything. I can find something unexplained and say it proves a round Earth too. So ya, fail, narcberry.

narcberry

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 12:11:34 AM »
Avoiding a problem doesn't make it go away.

You're sinking in the RE ship alone.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 05:48:42 AM »

And yet everyone seems to avoid the points I brought up.

pockets of lava pushed uniformly to the surface would result in a fairly uniform covering of volcanoes, which is not observed. Observed evidence suggests that the RE core is far from uniform, and one of the major driving forces of volcanoes seems not to be the condition of the core, but the condition of the crust of the planet.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »
Volcanoes are an important feature of the earth. They are found all over, active and inactive. But most importantly, they exist because they erupt(ed). This means that all over the earth, volcanic eruptions have occurred....

...So if the earth is squeezed on all sides, how do volcanoes erupt? For an eruption to occur, there must be an uneven pressure. Something you cannot create with even pressure.

Unequal pressure can be created created by unequal temperature.

In a subduction zone, the melting of the subducting plate provides the material that "drives" volcanoes over the top of the melting plate.  An example of this are the volcanoes of the Pacific Northwest United States or the volcanoes of Indonesia.

Another type of volcano is located over an upwelling of hot material from deeper in the earth.  As the plate moves over the top of this "hot spot," a chain of volcanoes will be created.  An example of this type of volcano would be the volcanoes of the Hawaiian Islands.

narcberry

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »
You RE'ers sure are creative, I'll give you that. But how does a uniform field of gravity cause unequal pressure and temperature to begin with? Even if you COULD explain that, FE doesn't require "hot spots", "drives", "subducting plates", "melting plates", or "upwellings". FE can explain volcanoes simply as the UA squeezing the earth against its own momentum.

Just more blind assumptions RE'ers have to make to have a globe.

Lycan

• I am the werewolf. Obviously.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 12:30:53 PM »
So narc, tell me if I'm getting this clearly:
You are saying that there is no such thing as plates.
So where do Earthquakes come from?
Of course, I always could just be an idiot.

narcberry

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
Many threads on earthquakes exist, this thread is about volcanoes.

Lycan

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »
Many threads on earthquakes exist, this thread is about volcanoes.
You're doding the question.
I'm just wondering: do you deny the existance of plates or not?

narcberry

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »
How is telling you where to get information dodging a question? Sounds like I'm wiping your butt for you and you're telling me I missed a spot.

Use the search, it's so easy a noob can do it.

Lycan

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »
How is telling you where to get information dodging a question? Sounds like I'm wiping your butt for you and you're telling me I missed a spot.

Use the search, it's so easy a noob can do it.
I posed a direct question to you and you didn't answer it. Will you? I'm just trying to understand your views on this topic.
FE doesn't require... "subducting plates"
Well?

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »
...But how does a uniform field of gravity cause unequal pressure and temperature to begin with?

This doesn't deal with gravitation or UA.  It should be applicable on both an RE or FE as you choose.

Tectonics is based on the movement of heat and the surface of the Earth.

In section 11 of Earth not a Globe, Rowbotham talks of the...

Quote from: Rowbotham
That such an incandescent molten state of a great portion of the lower parts of the Earth still exists is a matter of certainty; and there is evidence that the heat is internally generated

Both models use the same model of internally generated heat as the driving force of volcanism.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »
I'm beginning to suspect that Narc has ignored me or something...

But how does a uniform field of gravity cause unequal pressure and temperature to begin with?

Much the same way a uniform force from FE dark energy leads to unequal bubbles of magama to rise up. Believe it or not, there's more to the core of the planet than it's gravity. Besides, as I've previously mentioned, the crust is a more important driving force as to where volcanoes pop up than the core.

Even if you COULD explain that, FE doesn't require "hot spots", "drives", "subducting plates", "melting plates", or "upwellings". FE can explain volcanoes simply as the UA squeezing the earth against its own momentum.

An FE model would need to provide a number of explanations of why volcanoes only turn up near hot spots and subducting plates, however. And it isn't fully explained. Why don't volcanoes pop up in England, around New York, or in central Russia?

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »

Of course he is...he knows youre correct and he doesnt have any valid argument...or smartass remarks. Kudos to you!!

Another victory for RE!!!!!
What about an inside-out or banana shaped earth...
90-42 does not equal 48. You fail

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »

But how does a uniform field of gravity cause unequal pressure and temperature to begin with?

Much the same way a uniform force from FE dark energy leads to unequal bubbles of magama to rise up. Believe it or not, there's more to the core of the planet than it's gravity. Besides, as I've previously mentioned, the crust is a more important driving force as to where volcanoes pop up than the core.

Even if you COULD explain that, FE doesn't require "hot spots", "drives", "subducting plates", "melting plates", or "upwellings". FE can explain volcanoes simply as the UA squeezing the earth against its own momentum.

An FE model would need to provide a number of explanations of why volcanoes only turn up near hot spots and subducting plates, however. And it isn't fully explained. Why don't volcanoes pop up in England, around New York, or in central Russia?

Because the crust isn't cracked in those places.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »

You're sinking in the RE ship alone.

You know what, I don't know what color an albino black sheep is, so then the Earth is round. See narc this is a fail.

?

Wordsmith

• The Immoveable Stone in your World of Weak
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
You RE'ers sure are creative, I'll give you that. But how does a uniform field of gravity cause unequal pressure and temperature to begin with? Even if you COULD explain that, FE doesn't require "hot spots", "drives", "subducting plates", "melting plates", or "upwellings". FE can explain volcanoes simply as the UA squeezing the earth against its own momentum.

Just more blind assumptions RE'ers have to make to have a globe.

right, all you guys need is an infitite ocean covering but somehow not extinguishing a molten ball of fire. Remembering that the magma has to push up through this endless ocean without solidifying in the slightest.

Yep, it sure is exiting seeing FE "Theory" in action!
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

narcberry

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
I don't know what color an albino black sheep is, so then the Earth is round.

?

Wordsmith

• The Immoveable Stone in your World of Weak
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 03:20:07 PM »
I don't know what color an albino black sheep is, so then the Earth is round.

Nice dodge. Another failure for FE!
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

narcberry

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »
I still don't see RE'ers answering my question. Interesting that you think I'm dodging.

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 04:03:02 PM »
Because the crust isn't cracked in those places.

I didn't think Narc's hypothesis had anything to do with whether the crust was cracked or not. Far as I can see, magma just balloons up wherever it pleases as long as FE DE is there pushing it up.

I still don't see RE'ers answering my question. Interesting that you think I'm dodging.

Which one? I think I've answered the majority of them, well, aside from that one about question dodging.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »

You are though.  ???