Zetetic Astronomy Leads to Conspiracy Theory

• 4 Replies
Zetetic Astronomy Leads to Conspiracy Theory
« on: June 16, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »
One of the most maligned and ridiculed aspects of contemporary Flat Earth Theory (FET) is the persistent recourse to “conspiracy” when questioned about the overwhelming number of Round Earth adherents. How unscientific to cite a secret cabal as the sole explanation for why 99.9% of the world believes the Earth is round! However, if one understands Zetetic Astronomy (ZA), the only conclusion in light of the evidence is that of a conspiracy.

Rowbotham defines ZA—as derived from Greek Zeteo: “to search, or examine; to proceed only by inquiry; to take nothing for granted, but to trace phenomena to their immediate and demonstrable causes. It is here used in contradistinction from the word ‘theoretic,’ the meaning of which is, speculative--imaginary--not tangible,--scheming, but not proving.”

Theoretical Astronomy (TA), for the most part, is established upon unproven assumptions introduced for the sole purpose of creating a functional science. As Rowbotham shows—and as we moderns now know—both Copernicus and Newton had no such access to convenient NASA footage to establish their presuppositional footing, i.e., they made giant assumptions about both rotundity and axial motion since neither could actually view the Earth from the elevation of distant space. In short, Copernicus and Newton were both engaged in guesswork because they could not empirically examine the most vital evidence to prove the Earth was a moving sphere, viz. they could not fix their eyes on the Earth as a whole.

If they could not do that, then all that they postulated was never empirically proven. It was theoretical: “based on or calculated through theory rather than experience or practice” (Oxford American Dictionary). In fact, we know empirically, i.e., by our senses, that no early astronomer has ever set their eyes upon the totality of the Earth in order to authoritatively assert a spinning globe in orbit. All astronomy since the Copernican Revolution is squarely theoretical. Only modern spaceflight has introduced the Zetetic method into the fray, because modern spaceflight is allegedly able to provide visual data through photography and video.

However, ZA is available as an empirical method to anyone who cares to use it. Rowbotham’s experiments must therefore be replicated in order for one to come to a similar conclusion about the Earth’s flatness. But at least this is within reach to the common man. If it’s easy for you to imagine water ever being anything but flat, then you really need to put Rowbotham’s experiments to the test. Round water? Curving water? The very thought should prompt you to grab a friend, some binoculars, and head out to a wide lake!

ZA can definitively establish a flat earth. There will be no theorizing. Your eyes, and supplemental visual instruments, will tell you there is no curvature to water when you see your friend waving at you from the opposite shore ten miles away.

Therefore, there is no other option for the mass belief in a globe but some type of conspiracy. But why? Why push a false theory on humanity? What’s to gain? Everything.

Space exploration is a moneymaking business, just as is the war machine. Untold billions have been spent in the space program while the very same parties remain the primary beneficiaries. This is also the case with the military-industrial complex. Both are controlled and maintained by calculated programs of mass propaganda through news, history, education, and entertainment.

Contradicting religious authorities is also a huge benefit. Anyone familiar with the history of conspiracies knows that displacing, controlling, or destroying religious authority is a primary objective. The Copernican Revolution, the Enlightenment, and Darwinianism have done more to marginalize religion than any sword or gun. The Bible, for example, presents a flat earth, but science can now trump that ancient framework with allegedly proven theories about cosmogony.

It also aids in the longstanding process of building the totalitarian society governed by the scientific elite. This was the great dream of the likes of Plato and Freud, and fictionalized by Wells and Huxley.

NASA’s history is suspect. It’s origins in the Satanic moorings of Jack Parsons and JPL, and its persistent use of the symbology of ancient mystery religions, demonstrate its purpose exceeds objective science. Of course, the Moon landing is beyond suspect.

Lastly, ZA does do some theorizing, viz. “conspiracy theory.” However, this theorizing is well founded, since no other sufficient explanation can reconcile the fact that you can see your friend on an opposite shoreline but Apollo 17 has a snapshot of a globe. Somebody’s lying, but at least YOU can see your friend. You can’t vouch for NASA’s integrity.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: Zetetic Astronomy Leads to Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
The first part of your thread was tl, dr.  You'll probably want to be a little clearer on that, as I'm not sure if I understand what your point is.  As for the "motives" section, are you trying to be sarcastic?  Obviously, we can't know for sure anything about the conspiracy, but we do have some possible motives, all reasonable explanations for their lies.  Our best guess at this point is that NASA is corrupt and has been embezzling funds for quite some time.  I highly doubt if their motive is discrediting religion or world domination.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »
Our best guess at this point is that NASA is corrupt and has been embezzling funds for quite some time. 

Then it's a good thing that the GAO never checks up on NASA.  Oh, wait.  They do: http://www.space.com/news/nasa_gao_040831.html
The U.S. General Accountability Office (GAO) is launching a series of audits and investigations into NASA's spending practices, and hopes to find space agency employees willing to offer information - anonymously if necessary.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »
The first part of your thread was tl, dr.  You'll probably want to be a little clearer on that, as I'm not sure if I understand what your point is.  As for the "motives" section, are you trying to be sarcastic?  Obviously, we can't know for sure anything about the conspiracy, but we do have some possible motives, all reasonable explanations for their lies.  Our best guess at this point is that NASA is corrupt and has been embezzling funds for quite some time.  I highly doubt if their motive is discrediting religion or world domination.

The point is that ZA leads to conspiracy theory.

No, I'm not being sarcastic in the motives section. I see world conspiracy as encompassing much more than NASA and we have sufficient documentation on the stated goals of those conspirators. NASA is not the only lying institution.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »
Our best guess at this point is that NASA is corrupt and has been embezzling funds for quite some time. 

Then it's a good thing that the GAO never checks up on NASA.  Oh, wait.  They do:

I guess it's a good thing corporate fraud never occurs. I mean, if they do audits they always see the fraud...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."