Wait a tick!

• 81 Replies

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
Re: Wait a tick!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 07:31:07 PM »
Obviously I was out of the loop for almost a year, so may I query just what Lovely actually is?
http://lovelycountry.net/

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »
Obviously I was out of the loop for almost a year, so may I query just what Lovely actually is?

Does this site also require my presence?

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 09:18:52 PM »

Does this site also require my presence?
Only if you wish it to, it's much like this site only with a bit more creativeness and less debate.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »
Tom's direct contradictions make my penis hard.
You're easily amused, aren't you?

Occasionally. You noticed that I am posting more, I bet. This is due to boredom.
This website is my cure for depression..... If you look at my post count you can tell i'm a fucking emo.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 10:41:01 PM »
Narc's FE Guide: The Flat Earth Model
Earth
Ice Wall
The Ice Wall is approximately 200 feet tall. It is formed by fluid particles freezing as they reach the near 0 pressures of space. They freeze and join the Ice Wall. The Ice Wall also is melting at a constant rate. This exchange of particles in and out creates a very stable balance that keeps the Ice Wall at a non-variant size and location. It also keeps the oceans and atmosphere from escaping earth.
Index

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 04:58:35 AM »
So the actual ice goes all the way to the ocean floor?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 07:21:11 AM »
Tom's direct contradictions make my penis hard.
You're easily amused, aren't you?

Occasionally. You noticed that I am posting more, I bet. This is due to boredom.
Likewise, I'll probably hit 2k posts then bugger off for a couple of months, just the usual.

Noooooo don't bugger off!
I may browse lovely instead, or if worst comes to worst, MUD.

Browse Lovely, its too quite at the mo, maybe everyone died
Walking has taken up most of my time of late, might go for a wander.

Walking is a much better use of time, I wish the weather would improve again so I can too
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
The ice wall is Antarctica.  There are no holes in it.  No matter where on the disk you start, you will eventually reach the ice wall if you travel southwards.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:27:49 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 03:33:34 PM »
I could answer your questions. But once I do, you'll leave and another noob will show up with the same misconceptions.

There must be an actual solution to this problem. Something that could answer questions that are frequently asked. If only...

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »
There must be an actual solution to this problem. Something that could answer questions that are frequently asked. If only...

FAQs don't really help. I don't think the current one up agrees with any FE model, and Any attempt to make it agree with one model will make it disagree with another.

Besides, recycling old points is what keeps this place alive. No thread would get more than one page if we didn't keep regurgitating the same 'gravity/gravitation' argument.

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »
The FAQ was edited to give a single source of well documented scientific answers to our questions. Upon which all FE believers agreed.

Hi goldstein,
Thank you for that, I'm sure those who worked hard on the FAQ will appreciate it! Keep up the hard work!
I'll be your science pal!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
I could answer your questions. But once I do, you'll leave and another noob will show up with the same misconceptions.

...the FAQ was edited to give a single source of well documented scientific answers to our questions. Upon which all FE believers agreed.

Instead we get:

Government
Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"
A: It's a conspiracy

Which is a beautiful opening gambit to a scientific paper.

then we have:

Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"

A: "Circumference: 78225 miles, Diameter: 24,900 miles

Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator, located midway between the North Pole and the ice wall. Each functions similar to a "spotlight," with the sun radiating "hot light," the moon "cold light." As they are spotlights, they only give light out over a certain are which explains why some parts of the Earth are dark when others are light. Their apparent rising and setting are caused by optical illusions.

Y'see this is just making things up.

In GoldsteinEarth (GE) the moon is made of sows ears, and the stars are penny sweets. The earth is a hollow kinder egg. Prove me wrong.

When you state something you need to back it up with numbers, otherwise we suffer to diaorhea I expelled above.

For example, RE scientists first estimated the diameter of the earth, then estimated the diameter of the moon,  then estimated the distance to the moon. This all took place a few thousand years ago. Of course initial estimates were crude but measurements were refined.

I can dig out some online reference notes, but they do depend on the RE model, and may have the word NASA on them.
In what special little universe does a internet forum FAQ thread constitute a scientific paper?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

lindelof

• DADA IS NOT DEAD. WATCH YOUR OVERCOAT.
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
In GoldsteinEarth (GE) the moon is made of sows ears, and the stars are penny sweets. The earth is a hollow kinder egg. Prove me wrong.

I fully support this theory.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »
In what special little universe does a internet forum FAQ thread constitute a scientific paper?

I think when you've got an internet site which punts something that challenges established/accepted/mainstream scientific understanding of the world you should present something early on that is fairly weighty in its retort. A FAQ would be an excellent place to do this. The FAQ here only gives brief sentences without any scientific proof. That's why people keep asking the same questions over and over again.

The FAQ is intentionally brief to ensure that as many REers as possible with their limited attention spans read the whole thing, or at least most of it.  It doesn't work all that well, unsurprisingly; we still get a fair amount of "I read teh FAQ how do I go around teh earth and end up back where I started?!?" posts and the like.

If the FAQ was complete, it would be a laborious read, and this forum would have little reason for existence.

?

Wordsmith

• The Immoveable Stone in your World of Weak
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »
The FAQ says it is a mountain range covered in ice and snow.

Nope. The FAQ says "The Ice Wall (possibly synoymous with the Ross Ice Shelf) is 150 feet tall, and holds in the oceans."

Yeah, cos we all know that a 150 foot ice wall could contain the hydrostatic pressure exerted by the ENTIRETY of the earths oceans ......
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 01:38:38 AM »

If the FAQ was complete, it would be a laborious read, and this forum would have little reason for existence.

And what pray tell, IS the forums reason for existence?

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2008, 04:22:26 AM »
The FAQ says it is a mountain range covered in ice and snow.

Nope. The FAQ says "The Ice Wall (possibly synoymous with the Ross Ice Shelf) is 150 feet tall, and holds in the oceans."

Yeah, cos we all know that a 150 foot ice wall could contain the hydrostatic pressure exerted by the ENTIRETY of the earths oceans ......

Actually, hydrostatic pressure is only a function of depth, not the size of the oceans.

P = ρgh +Pa

where,
    * P is the hydrostatic pressure (Pa);
    * ρ is the liquid density (kg/m3);
    * g is gravitational acceleration (m/s2);
    * h is the height of liquid above (m);
    * Pa is the atmospheric pressure (Pa).

I know I'm not supposed to be supporting the FE'ers, but I just can't stand bad science  :(

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »

For the discussion and development of Flat Earth theory
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »

Exactly.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »

Exactly.

For once I get something right

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2008, 01:05:45 PM »

Exactly.

For once I get something right

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
The FAQ is intentionally brief to ensure that as many REers as possible with their limited attention spans read the whole thing, or at least most of it.  It doesn't work all that well, unsurprisingly; we still get a fair amount of "I read teh FAQ how do I go around teh earth and end up back where I started?!?" posts and the like.

Riiiiight. Is there nothing wonko logic can't do?!

Newbie: I read your FAQ, it doesn't make sense.
FE'r: Exactly.
Newbie: Sorry?!
FE'r: Well if I explained it then you wouldn't come here now would you?
Newbie: Er, no I guess not.
FE'r: Good.
Newbie: So how can I travel around teh world...
FE'r: LOL@FAIL
Newbie: Sorry?!
Newbie: What does that mean?
Newbie: Look I don't understand how I can circumnavigate the world in the same time in both hemispheres.
FE'r: Read the FAQ numbnuts.
Newbie: I read the FAQ
FE'r: Jeez, you RE'rs don't give up do you?
Newbie: No I guess not.

Any chance you or an admin/moderator could update the FAQ properly, and then we can all go home early?

Honestly I wish they would.  Sadly I'm neither a mod nor an admin so it's out of my power.  Because it is incomplete, I personally only direct a person to the FAQ when he actually asks a question that I feel is sufficiently answered there.  Sadly, that happens all too frequently.  :(

The points in the FAQ are where anybody coming to these forums to debate FET should begin.  Wholly accurate or not, it's the natural starting point.  It's stickied with a big READ THIS FIRST for a reason.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »
The biggest problem with the FAQ is it presents way more questions than it answers.

?

the_flutist

• Viva La FE Revolution!
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »
From the Ice Wall Scholar's Thread:

No, the Ice Wall is not Antarctica.

From the past:

The Ice Wall is Antarctica.
If you cannot get to the ice wall, how do you know it's there?

People have been to the Ice Wall. It's Antarctica.

See thats one thing I don't understand. You believe it exists right? Yet you've never seen it.

Considering that the Ice Wall is Antarctica, you believe in it too.
I know people who have been there and they have seen no ice wall

Antarctica is the Ice Wall.

???

Many theories have been proven wrong in the past and have been changed. Due to recent research, it has been proven that the Ice Wall is not Antartica.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2008, 06:41:33 PM »
Wholly accurate or not, it's the natural starting point.

If it's not accurate, what's the £$%^& point?

How would you like to get a new hifi and the manual is filled with half complete instructions. You call customer services and they say "Hey man, don't down me, it's only to give you a starting point"

Exactly.  If you have trouble understanding how to put together the hifi, you call customer service.  You can look at the forums as customer service.  :)

?

Wordsmith

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »
The Ice Wall is only in reference to the 150 foot tall shelves of ice attached to the Antarctic coast.

Or sometimes Antarctica.

"Antarctica as a continent does not exist - rather it is a ring of ice around the entire circumference of the Earth.."

Quoth the FAQ.

You guys need help, badly.
You either completely misunderstand the relevant points because you are unfamiliar with them, or you choose to manipulate your interpretation to continue to deceive others

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »
The Ice Wall is only in reference to the 150 foot tall shelves of ice attached to the Antarctic coast.

Or sometimes Antarctica.

"Antarctica as a continent does not exist - rather it is a ring of ice around the entire circumference of the Earth.."

Quoth the FAQ.

You guys need help, badly.

Standard FE-reply:
Well, the FAQ hasnt been updated for a long time

My reply to the standard FE-reply:
Then update it or stop referring to it.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
As I already pointed out, I only direct people to the FAQ when the question they ask has been clearly and sufficiently answered there.  Most of the FAQ is perfectly valid, save for a couple of jokes.  It's mostly because different people have different interpretations of various aspects of the theory that it's a little lacking.

Yes, it should be updated to reflect that fact.  But it's a natural starting point, and functions quite well in that regard.

Irritated that you keep getting referred there?  Oh well.  Just read it and stop asking stupid questions and you can avoid all that.  ::)

If someone asks why he can circumnavigate the earth if it's flat, I will continue directing him to the FAQ.

?

Wordsmith

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
As I already pointed out, I only direct people to the FAQ when the question they ask has been clearly and sufficiently answered there.  Most of the FAQ is perfectly valid, save for a couple of jokes.  It's mostly because different people have different interpretations of various aspects of the theory that it's a little lacking.

Yes, it should be updated to reflect that fact.  But it's a natural starting point, and functions quite well in that regard.

Irritated that you keep getting referred there?  Oh well.  Just read it and stop asking stupid questions and you can avoid all that.  ::)

If someone asks why he can circumnavigate the earth if it's flat, I will continue directing him to the FAQ.

So, you can't even maintain a simple and coherent FAQ, yet you want us to believe your "math" and "science" and "theory" that was presumably equally well maintained?

I don't think so.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »

So, you can't even maintain a simple and coherent FAQ, yet you want us to believe your "math" and "science" and "theory" that was presumably equally well maintained?

I don't think so.

Who said any of us care what you believe?  ???