Total area of Earth

• 113 Replies

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
Re: Total area of Earth
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2016, 12:20:43 AM »
Ski, you'll never get them to realize that theirs is just another religion as one of the tenets of their religion is that it is not one.
Flat earth is better than this? Open-minded brainwash-free people can't event provide a single evidence for their "beliefes".
I've provided over 140 so far.
I find it especially funny that they use funny mathematics to validate their tenets - as mathematics is one of the only branches of knowledge that can prove it has truths that must be taken without evidence.
You clearly don't know what the mathematics is.
I think you and Godel need to have a talk.
Oh boy! Somebody tell these guys about Cantor's slash.
And? What's the point of it?
Again, talk to Godel. Or Turing if you'd prefer.
Also, here is the funny math you requested: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/blog/infinite-flat-earth-mathematics
An infinite earth is physically impossible. And, as some wiser than me people commented, your blog post is full of errors.
The math is correct. Perhaps you should trust yourself rather than take on ill council from random posters on the internet.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:22:25 AM by John Davis »
Quantum Ab Hoc

?

zork

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2016, 12:29:07 AM »
You said you have knowledge of the area of the earth. I asked how you measured and reached the knowledge. You then all back peddled and said someone else "measured" it, and you simply believed them. Then I said the "measurement" lies on a assumption and is simply empty math, and now you're back to "knowing" the earth is a sphere... It sounds like you simply "believe" the earth is round and "believe" the radius calculations based on that assumption   :-\    sounds like "scientism" to me
  Having knowledge doesn't mean that I personally did something else than just learned it. Knowledge can be found in other ways than just doing all over and over again which was already done. That means its not in any way contradicting that I have a knowledge but someone else did experiment. I don't see problem or back pedaling here. Also the measurement done by others did not lie on assumption. You sure make totally unfounded claims with iron certainty. Were you there with Al Biruni?
 And I still find it really interesting how you assume that if you don't know something or can't do something then anyone else can't also. Why is it so?

Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2016, 12:32:24 AM »
None of your 140 can be proven.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2016, 01:03:00 AM »
Nothing can be proven. They are evidences. You can repeat them as you like; some are relatively easy to do - many I've done myself.
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2016, 01:24:44 AM »
Nothing can be proven. They are evidences. You can repeat them as you like; some are relatively easy to do - many I've done myself.
Which ones, please give details.

?

zork

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2016, 02:06:29 AM »
Which ones, please give details.
He read books from which he took quotes. Nothing more.
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

zork

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2016, 02:41:30 AM »
The math is correct. Perhaps you should trust yourself rather than take on ill council from random posters on the internet.
  Result is still wrong. You use random number for p because you can't calculate p.
-

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2016, 03:15:06 AM »

Actually, me and some other have added some more, so its more like 160 currently.

My points are
When I take a picture of earth and print it out, the picture is flat
The plate I eat from is flat and round
Mr. Davis said earth is flat
My computer monitor is flat. Even when I look at a globe picture, it actually is flat.
I never went to antarctica, but if I wanted to, I couldn't, so there has to be the edge of the world.
Planes can fly so gravity = lie
Nasa and Nazi sound similair, so Nasa = Nazi.
How can the earth be round if pancakes are flat?
Jroa said earth is flat
Government lies to us so if they say earth=round it has to be flat
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2016, 04:04:29 AM »
  Result is still wrong. You use random number for p because you can't calculate p.

I certainly do not accept that the earth is an infinite plane, but I am fairly sure that the maths are correct.
The density (ρ) comes in only when calculating the thickness of this plane needed to make the surface gravity = 9.84 m/s
If you use a different "ρ" all that happens is that the thickness comes out a different value.

It seems a little ironic that John Davis uses the value of "ρ" obtained from the volume and mass of the Globe earth.

Of course this model does not explain the variation in "g" with latitude,  nor with altitude as over the infinite plane "g" does not vary with location or altitude.

Globetrotter

• Open-minded: receptive to arguments or ideas
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2016, 04:25:00 AM »

So, since the gravity is an evidence, it cannot be proved, it defies proof. or it must not be proved?
"If you insist it is a spinning globe, then why are you here?" - Simple. To counter the misinformation you are spreading to uneducated, and gullible people. It is the duty of every thinking person to oppose those who would spread lies.

?

zork

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2016, 05:30:29 AM »

I certainly do not accept that the earth is an infinite plane, but I am fairly sure that the maths are correct.
The density (ρ) comes in only when calculating the thickness of this plane needed to make the surface gravity = 9.84 m/s
If you use a different "ρ" all that happens is that the thickness comes out a different value.

That is the point. He claims that he calculated thickness of his earth but he calculated it with random number. I don't see how the result has any meaning when he uses random numbers.
-

SpJunk

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2016, 05:37:19 AM »
Also, here is the funny math you requested: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/blog/infinite-flat-earth-mathematics

Infinite Plane Flat Earth will have the same g at all altitudes.

~~~~~

People here mentioned theodolites, but looks like you're trying to push theodolites and their usage under carpet.
On purpose?

You can MEASURE one minute of angular tilt between two verticals one nautical mile apart (1852 meters).
You can measure 30 seconds between two verticals 926 meters apart.
Not a "Big Science". Virtually anyone can do it.
The cheapest theodolite I could find (except on eBay) has accuracy of 5 seconds.
It is easy to google how to use theodolite.

Math you use LATER, when calculating possible errors and compensating for them.
It is easy to google how to calculate error margins.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2016, 07:53:39 AM »
And all of them has already been debunked.

I think you and Godel need to have a talk.
[[...]
Again, talk to Godel. Or Turing if you'd prefer.
Why?

Why would I try trust random poster on the internet his math is correct? Especially when he uses science facts so hated by the movement he's a part of?

Anyway, regardless of the math, infinite plane is physically impossible.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2016, 08:05:30 AM »
And all of them has already been debunked.

If that is what you truly believe, then why do you keep coming here?  You are one of the most angry roundies I have ever met.  What point is there for you to come here every day to insist that X has already been debunked and you demand evidence, even though you insist it has been debunked?  Have you had a mental health check up as of late? 

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2016, 08:12:47 AM »
I'm here for the lols, and to make sure that internet wanderers don't get the wrong idea. Someone should make a thread titles 1000000+ proofs of a round earth, and put videos of starvation, videos from space, etc.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2016, 08:14:22 AM »
If that is what you truly believe,
No. I have an argument against, not a beliefe.

then why do you keep coming here?
Becuase I can.

You are one of the most angry roundies I have ever met. 
You're the most retarted person I've ever met.

What point is there for you to come here every day to insist that X has already been debunked and you demand evidence, even though you insist it has been debunked?
To find a real evidence that hasn't been debunked yet. It's not my fault flat earthers seem to parrot the same
BS again and again.

Have you had a mental health check up as of late?
No.

What's the total area of your Earth? Oh, sorry. You don't know a single number that hasn't been showed wrong.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2016, 08:23:06 AM »
If that is what you truly believe,
No. I have an argument against, not a beliefe.

then why do you keep coming here?
Becuase I can.

You are one of the most angry roundies I have ever met. 
You're the most retarted person I've ever met.

What point is there for you to come here every day to insist that X has already been debunked and you demand evidence, even though you insist it has been debunked?
To find a real evidence that hasn't been debunked yet. It's not my fault flat earthers seem to parrot the same
BS again and again.

Have you had a mental health check up as of late?
No.

What's the total area of your Earth? Oh, sorry. You don't know a single number that hasn't been showed wrong.

Off topic, I always picture you as having a deep angry Russian accent when I read your rants.  When I re-read my own posts, I always read them in an intellectual sounding voice.  My voice always out smarts your voice. 

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2016, 08:31:09 AM »
Off topic, I always picture you as having a deep angry Russian accent when I read your rants.
I don't know how to picture retarded person, so I'll skip that part.

When I re-read my own posts, I always read them in an intellectual sounding voice.  My voice always out smarts your voice.
Narcissism, how nice. Please record your lovely and smart voice and share it with us. Maybe we'll learn something usefull from the FE eventually.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2016, 08:38:17 AM »
Off topic, I always picture you as having a deep angry Russian accent when I read your rants.
I don't know how to picture retarded person, so I'll skip that part.

When I re-read my own posts, I always read them in an intellectual sounding voice.  My voice always out smarts your voice.
Narcissism, how nice. Please record your lovely and smart voice and share it with us. Maybe we'll learn something usefull from the FE eventually.

Bouwser does not like civilized people.  He is Russian and everyone there hates each other and screams at them. 

GET OFF MY LAWN, BROUWER!  Does that make you feel better?  Do you feel more at home behind the Soviet Walls now?  Perhaps I should have put more effort into getting the Iron Curtain into it? 

« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2016, 08:48:55 AM »
Do you feel more at home behind the Soviet Walls now?  Perhaps I should have put more effort into getting the Iron Curtain into it? 
You probably should. I'll feel so much safer when separated from retarded people.

« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2016, 05:42:52 AM »
Area of true earth is about .515 billion square kms, ie 4 pi r squared = 4 x 22/7 x 6400 x 6400 (r is radius at equator)
Flat earth model would be about 1.257 billion square kms, ie pi r squared = 22/7 x 20000 x 20000 (r is radius from north pole to ice wall, or the same as half the circumference of the world which is 40000 kms)
So lucky us, the earth is almost 2.5 times as big as we thought so there must be plenty of hidden resources for NASA to plunder. However, based on the FE model, the Southern Hemisphere has 4 times the area of the northern hemisphere, so I think it is about time the southern hemispherers decide that we should rule the world.

Note however, that the circumference at the equator is about 40000 kms, would then using basic maths make the distance from the equator to the north pole suddenly shrink to 6400 on the flat earth map, or alternatively, if the distance from the north pole to the equator was 10000 km, the circumference at the equator would be 63000 kms. (using circle circumference = 2 pi r ). So here is the dilemma FE'ers, what is the equatorial circumference and how far is it from the equator to the north pole? Perhaps this has been answered before, but the search always seems broken for me so I cannot find it)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:16:46 AM by southern hemispherer »

« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2016, 05:49:19 AM »
So here is the dilemma FE'ers, what is the equatorial circumference and how far is it from the equator to the north pole? Perhaps this has been answered before, but the search always seems broken for me so I cannot find it)
The answer is there are no known distances for both things. Although it's not an obstacle when finding the distance to the Sun, circumference or other measures.

On the other hand, both distances are documented and don't fit to flat disc.

« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2016, 12:49:26 AM »
According to the FE map and model of the sun's path, the sun would either have to move 2.35 times faster relative to the earth directly below it when over the Tropic of Capricorn in December compared to the speed it moves over the land below it when over the Tropic of Cancer in June if the distance around the equator was 40000 kms, or alternatively it would have to move 1.7 times faster if the distance from the north pole to the equator was 10000 km.
Either way, since the area of the Southern Hemisphere was proved a couple of posts earlier to be 4 times the size of the Northern Hemisphere, with the sun moving faster in the sky over the land below, how is it able to heat the land and water. The Southern Hemisphere must be cold. But wait, Australia and South Africa are pretty hot in December, with temperatures going into the 40C (104F) range so how can this be. And if the sun is moving faster, how are the days longer (eg 14.5 hours long at Cape Town bottom of South Africa)? Conundrum after conundrum. No flat map will ever solve these problems.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2016, 04:45:21 AM »
According to the FE map and model of the sun's path, the sun would either have to move 2.35 times faster relative to the earth directly below it when over the Tropic of Capricorn in December compared to the speed it moves over the land below it when over the Tropic of Cancer in June if the distance around the equator was 40000 kms, or alternatively it would have to move 1.7 times faster if the distance from the north pole to the equator was 10000 km.
Either way, since the area of the Southern Hemisphere was proved a couple of posts earlier to be 4 times the size of the Northern Hemisphere, with the sun moving faster in the sky over the land below, how is it able to heat the land and water. The Southern Hemisphere must be cold. But wait, Australia and South Africa are pretty hot in December, with temperatures going into the 40C (104F) range so how can this be. And if the sun is moving faster, how are the days longer (eg 14.5 hours long at Cape Town bottom of South Africa)? Conundrum after conundrum. No flat map will ever solve these problems.
Easy, the sun-dragon just breaths fire a bit harder - seems as good an explanation as I have seen!