Clouds, further proof of earths flatness.

• 74 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Clouds, further proof of earths flatness.
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »
As you look into the sky, you will see what RE'ers call, "some kind of white fluffy things."
These are clouds, and they are your friends, because they will show you the earth is flat.

There are many different kinds of white fluffy things, but the important kind are stratocumulus since their density makes their flat underside easily seen. These are basically white fluffy things with a flat underside.

As these clouds extend into the distance, you have a clear view of their planar nature. The underside is flat, and is parallel to the earths surface. Yet as these clouds extend further and further into the sky, they do not appear, even at the furthest cloud, to wrap around a round earth. They just extend further and further with the exact same planar underside.

I suppose this is where you RE'ers revise your theory to account for "atmospheric distortion" ??

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Clouds, further proof of earths flatness.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:48:50 PM »
And they occur so high that they can actually be lit from below by the sun.  Simply amazing.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

narcberry

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 08:49:51 PM »
The sun's light reflecting off the earth.

Nice to see you agree that they prove the earth flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
The sun's light reflecting off the earth.

Nice to see you agree that they prove the earth flat.

If you say so.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 01:02:48 AM »
Well that kind of backfired didn't it Narc?

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 01:26:48 AM »
Rofl just a bit. That was the best burn i have seen in a while lolz. Nice work. (note the tops of the clouds are dark, only the bottom is lit up)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 01:28:52 AM by Colossal Death Robot »
But a sure-fire method would be to land on the top side of the sun.

?

Youre avin a larf

• Official RE Conspiracy Spokesman
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 01:54:03 AM »
This is really the best instant dismissal of FE I have seen here.

Hoisted and petard come to mind.

;)
I know round when I see it.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:54:57 AM »
This is really the best instant dismissal of FE I have seen here.

Hoisted and petard come to mind.

;)

That is the single worst attempt to troll I've ever seen.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »
Rofl just a bit. That was the best burn i have seen in a while lolz. Nice work. (note the tops of the clouds are dark, only the bottom is lit up)

I wasn't aware of your ability to see parts of pictures that aren't there. In other words, where in the picture do you see the top of the clouds?

?

FELOL

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
clouds are condensed water on the outside of the earth's atmosphere.

if you want to go by a pure physical description, it proves neither

by science, earth is round

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 12:56:46 PM »
The sun is shining at the side of clouds due to perspective.

For an example of perspective consider a plane in the sky overhead. The plane is many hundreds of feet high in the sky, higher than the clouds. However, as the plane recedes into the distance and gets closer to the horizon line it will eventually appear to be below the altitude of clouds via perspective. The light of the plane is shining at the clouds from the side. If the light of the plane was as intense as the sun it would illuminate the clouds from the side as seen in the image.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:59:51 PM by Tom Bishop »

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
Nice try at another 'floating oceans' but it wasn't to be...

back to the drawing board

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »

For an example of perspective consider a plane in the sky overhead. The plane is many hundreds of feet high in the sky, higher than the clouds. However, as the plane recedes into the distance and gets closer to the horizon line it will appear to be below the altitude of clouds. The light of the plane is shining at the clouds from the side. If the light of the plane was as intense as the sun it would illuminate the clouds from the side as seen in the image.

Tom, I seriously hope that you don't make your living in the field of optics.   ::)

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 01:00:44 PM »

For an example of perspective consider a plane in the sky overhead. The plane is many hundreds of feet high in the sky, higher than the clouds. However, as the plane recedes into the distance and gets closer to the horizon line it will appear to be below the altitude of clouds. The light of the plane is shining at the clouds from the side. If the light of the plane was as intense as the sun it would illuminate the clouds from the side as seen in the image.

Tom, I seriously hope that you don't make your living in the field of optics.   ::)

nah, he teaches kids geography

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 01:01:18 PM »

Do you disagree with the fact that as an overhead body recedes it will eventually appear at a lower angle than it was overhead, shining at you from the side?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »

Do you disagree with the fact that as an overhead body recedes it will eventually appear at a lower angle than it was overhead, shining at you from the side?

I disagree with the assertion that perspective will cause an airplane to appear below a cloud that it is actually above.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »
I disagree with the assertion that perspective will cause an airplane to appear below a cloud that it is actually above.

In the image you posted the light of the sun is illuminating the clouds from the side. I don't see where the light is coming at the cloud from below.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »
What?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Youre avin a larf

• Official RE Conspiracy Spokesman
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 01:38:01 PM »

Tom mispoke. He meant the other one - refraction.

Obviously, it works. Just like this:

I know round when I see it.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »
As you look into the sky, you will see what RE'ers call, "some kind of white fluffy things."
These are clouds, and they are your friends, because they will show you the earth is flat.

There are many different kinds of white fluffy things, but the important kind are stratocumulus since their density makes their flat underside easily seen. These are basically white fluffy things with a flat underside.

As these clouds extend into the distance, you have a clear view of their planar nature. The underside is flat, and is parallel to the earths surface. Yet as these clouds extend further and further into the sky, they do not appear, even at the furthest cloud, to wrap around a round earth. They just extend further and further with the exact same planar underside.

I suppose this is where you RE'ers revise your theory to account for "atmospheric distortion" ??

actually your perspective makes them seem flat, get a big parabolic mirror and hold it above your head, if the mirror is curved properly for this, then it will seem flat   ;D

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »
What?

Maybe he's advocating an actual dome structure. Interesting, as that is what several ancient cosmologies depict.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 02:29:31 PM »
Or maybe he means what he said and your bastardised explanation ski, maybe he genuinly means that clouds are condensed water on the edge of the atmosphere.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
Earth is round!

Ok, so if you somewhow proved the Earth was round, (which you never will) how would that give any benifit in any way? You guys should stop wasting time on FE crap and do something USEFUL in your life. The person who could end Global Warming could be here but instead is wasting their time on FE crap.

Think about it.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »
To end Global warming all you need to fucking do is stop pumpin CO2 into the atmosphere and instead of pumpin it into the atmosphere, harvest it, purify it and pump it into huge greenhouses that grow wheat, grain, other shit like that and send that food to africa, fuckin hell man 2 birds, 1 stone, but it will never be done so theres one idea out the window.

And the earth is round.
http://www.inmagine.com/view_movie.php?filename=dvf535003&searchid=
end of fucking story.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 03:06:55 PM by Bravehat »

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »
Ok, so if you somewhow proved the Earth was round, (which you never will) how would that give any benifit in any way?
You've really gotta stop doing that...

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 03:20:41 PM »
Earth is round!

Ok, so if you somewhow proved the Earth was round, (which you never will) how would that give any benifit in any way? Y
Think about it.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »
I do think that is a good observation narcberry.  Looking up at the clouds is similar to looking down from the clouds at the earth.  I have seen clouds stretch for miles, but have never seen curvature.

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »
How about an FE-er actually does something in their life and becomes member of Congress or something? Then they can tell this retarded forum that the Earth is round. Or they can join NASA. Or actually bother to ride an airplane and get out of the basements they live in.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

narcberry

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
FE'ers should join congress to post here that the earth is round?

You could be an RE'er with logic like that.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 06:39:16 AM »
Hey, don't saddle him with us!  RE has enough Trolly noobs that only make things worse for us!
Don't try to argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.