Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Earths Circumference.
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2008, 06:20:59 AM »
I agree, Engy probably is the one to trust out of all of them
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2008, 06:23:49 AM »
Ok im off 2 bed now. But before i go im gna ask this, cus i havent found it anywhere. Does the sun emit light in all directions? If not where does it? Im not asking about the spotlight, im asking about the sun itself, is it like a bedside lamp or a ceiling lightbulb?
But a sure-fire method would be to land on the top side of the sun.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2008, 06:26:56 AM »
I may be wrong on this but I think its supposed to be like a bedside lamp
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »
I'm not going to trust your memory, I'm not an idiot.

Well you fooled me pretty well.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2008, 06:57:14 AM »
I'm not going to trust your memory, I'm not an idiot.

Well you fooled me pretty well.

Well its not hard to fool you, is it?

« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2008, 07:01:57 AM »
Actually it is fairly difficult to fool me.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2008, 07:17:16 AM »
Could have fooled me.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure I said sustained spaceflight is not possible.  Orbit is not possible.  Perhaps, one day, we will find a way to harness DE and we will be able to have a spacecraft that can stay in space.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure I said sustained spaceflight is not possible.  Orbit is not possible.  Perhaps, one day, we will find a way to harness DE and we will be able to have a spacecraft that can stay in space.

That would be stunning.

I think people are having a problem understanding the term "sustained space flight". It doesn't mean "If I had enough fuel could I go x distance".   It simply means that a perpetual free fall around earth is impossible. You would have to continually maintain a speed higher than the earths (i.e. continually accelerate faster than the earth).
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »
@engy well if you look at your quote above you said "right" to my assumption that they couldnt orbit. So your saying the can orbit now?

@ski Well if you guys actually explained the universal accelerator thing in my thread then we might be able to get somewhere discussing that. Still dont know how something can get accelerated by the UA (like a space craft), if they could then it could continually have the same speed as the earth, and then have "sustained space flight".

anyway there seems to be a shit load of confusion between FE'ers on the idea of space flight, UA, orbits etc.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2008, 05:51:47 PM »
Orbit is impossible in the sense that once in orbit no further energy need be consumed to maintain orbit. It is possible to circumnavigate the earth on a path that goes underneath the earth.

However, Sustained spaceflight is possible by at least 2 known methods:
1) Hold onto the sun or moon. Since the sun and moon both maintain spaceflight, all one would need is to anchor to them. The most common theory is to get close enough to their small gravitational well. The physics of this are not fully known so it is still speculative. But a sure-fire method would be to land on the top side of the sun or moon.
2) Harness the same material found in the sun, moon, and underside of earth that interacts with the UA. Using this material, one could maintain spaceflight as long as the UA consumes energy. When the UA dies, the earth stops accelerating, and the mechanism to maintain spaceflight is no longer needed.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »
But a sure-fire method would be to land on the top side of the sun or moon.

I'd say, use a retractable harpoon to shoot the moon. Retract the cord causing you to shoot upwards. You dangle from underneath! All you need is 3000 miles of rope.

narcberry

« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »
Much simpler than RE's laughable space elevator ::)

« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »
Rofl you can land on the sun? pft. lol. ok ok, questions.

1)Are you serious about landing on the sun?

2)If you can harvest the UA material from the sun/moon why cant we get it from earth?

3)Im still lost as to why the sun/moon have a gravitational pull but we dont, but i guess thats another topic entirely.

narcberry

« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2008, 06:21:51 PM »
1) Yes, are you serious about an elevator that goes to space? Would it also skip floor 13?
2) The material in the top thousand+ meters of earth soil has broken free from earth and is the cause of the formation of both the sun and moon.
3) Different topic, use search.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
Rofl you can land on the sun? pft. lol. ok ok, questions.

1)Are you serious about landing on the sun?

Of course he's serious.  He's planning on going at night.   :P

*ducks to avoid vegetables being thrown*
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2008, 06:26:13 PM »
I think he means if it wasn't so hot it could be landed on. Or maybe the top does not have heat, I'm not quite sure.

« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »
1) Yes, are you serious about an elevator that goes to space? Would it also skip floor 13?
I am tempted to sig that...

« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2008, 06:33:52 PM »

Um when did i say that? Answer is no im not serious. How do you avoid melting? Even if the sun is like a beside lamp and only shines downwards, you cant put your hand on top of a bed side lamp... it burns.

2) The material in the top thousand+ meters of earth soil has broken free from earth and is the cause of the formation of both the sun and moon.

Thats not what i asked at all.

« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »
How do you avoid melting? Even if the sun is like a beside lamp and only shines downwards, you cant put your hand on top of a bed side lamp... it burns.
Also sig material...

narcberry

« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
Our evidence suggests the sun is only reflective on it's underside. It is likely to be quite cool on the top, but even if it was hot that only poses a challenge, not an impossibility.

« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »
Its not a matter of hot. Its a matter of you cant even get close to it without combusting.

Sorry whats this about the sun reflecting light? Does it not produce the light? You know, like a sun.

@ oscar well i have a new sig.

narcberry

« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
The sun is not a giant exploding ball. Ever notice it never explodes? I love the RE sun, the giant hydrogen bomb that's too big to explode. It's just got too much fuel in optimum conditions for fusion, it just can't handle that kind of expectation... so it just slowly burns over billions of years.

FE:
The sun has no heat of its own, it reflects the light and heat from the earths surface. If you stay out of the cone of reflected light, you can get quite close.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2008, 06:54:05 PM »
FE:
The sun has no heat of its own, it reflects the light and heat from the earths surface. If you stay out of the cone of reflected light, you can get quite close.

I knew it, he is going at night.   8)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
Ok wait. Thats hillarious i wish i knew this earlier. So the earth emits light and heat, yet we dont feel this heat from the earth, or see the light (at night time when there is no sun above us).
The earth is huge compared to the sun (in FET) and the heat and light would leave the earth evenly into all areas of space, the tiny sun would only reflect a small portion of this, there is no way this would be enough for it to emit/reflect the kind of heat that it does on a hot summers day. When you go in the shade (under a tree) you dont feel the same intensity of heat coming from the ground, its cold. You can FEEL the suns heat, if the heat was reflected (how do you reflect heat anyway) from the sun, you should also feel it coming from the earth, because the earth would have to be really hot, as only part of the earths emited heat will be reflected back.

« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
FE:

I knew it, he is going at night.   8)

Lol yup. Just like bush plans to, maybe they are related. lol.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »
The sun is not a giant exploding ball. Ever notice it never explodes? I love the RE sun, the giant hydrogen bomb that's too big to explode. It's just got too much fuel in optimum conditions for fusion, it just can't handle that kind of expectation... so it just slowly burns over billions of years.

FE:

The sun in my FE model emits light and heat, but substantially less than the magical RE sun of mythical proportion at unfathomable distances.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

narcberry

« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2008, 07:07:35 PM »
Ok wait. Thats hillarious i wish i knew this earlier. So the earth emits light and heat, yet we dont feel this heat from the earth, or see the light

The earth is heated from beneath. The deeper you dig, the warmer it gets. How does the RE sun heat the deep earth, where it's harder for light to penetrate, more than the surface?

As the heat from beneath rises, it radiates away as a form of light. This light is reflected off the sun as many different forms, the visible spectrum included.

« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »
@ski, maybe unfathomable to your brain. But if you just make it hotter and further away proportionally then there you go.

@ narcberry - No, the sun doesnt heat the center of the earth in RE theory. Maybe you missed that class in primary school. Thats freaking funny man, how does the sun heat the center of the earth. lolz.... Thats the problem FE has not RE. The earth is hot in the middle the sun is hot and the earth is cold in between.

How does the heat from the center of the earth get to the sun to be reflected (still not sure how its reflected rather than absorbed) without heating the outer parts of the earth on its way?

narcberry

« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
No, the sun doesnt heat the center of the earth in RE theory.
The earth is hot in the middle
how does the sun heat the center of the earth

I've taken the liberty of thinking for you.