• 261 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Trip to Antarctica.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »
I live in South America
I'm sorry.  At least its not Africa.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
To disprove FE, you don't need to explore the whole antarctic continent, you just need to set up a base for 24 hours south of the Antractic circle and see that there is no sunrise or sunset there (provided you pick your time of year right).
Thats easy enough for anyone to do.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »
And that proves what?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
Why shouldn't they?
terrorists r teh fails

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 03:52:18 PM »
And that proves what?

On a RE, the sun orbits once every 24 hours, so if u sat at the edge of the earth then sun would go so far away it sets. If it didn't rise or set in 24 hours then that model is flawed.

Also, if you saw the sun rise/set at the north pole it would also disprove FET. On a FE, the sun is always the same distance from the north pole so would never set or rise.

?

elgatofilo

• Have some tap water... on me.
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
You'd have to document circumnavigating Antarctica.

I tried to visit the Antarctic and was not allowed.

You seem to be under the assumption visiting Antarctica is special, it's not. If it was hard to get people to go there, the travel agency wouldn't offer the trips. I have not heard Argentna denying anyone with a visa the ability to travel to Antarctica once they arrive in BA.
I'm not under any assumption.

I tried to go there, they told me I couldn't.  I even paid for one such trip.  If you don't believe me, the best I can offer is a post card sent from the Southmost city in SA to GeneralGayer.  If you don't believe her, well oh well.  Not too concerned about it.  I know what I experienced.

I'm sorry you don't know how to plan trips.
What does this have to do with the 1000's of people who take tours of Antarctica every summer?

Also, if the Earth is flat. Why doesn't the government of Argentina just come out and say it? Argentina doesn't owe anything to the U.S and they don't have a space program from which to profit from like the U.S. What possible interest could Argentina have in keeping up the conspiracy?

The main problem with your theory is that it's very U.S-centric, You can prove that the U.S could stand to profit from the FE model, but not anybody else.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:01:23 PM by elgatofilo »

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 04:03:19 PM »
Are you deliberately derailing the thread? Remember that you're debating that it is impossible for anyone to travel to the pole because it's not allowed. You have presented no real informaton to why it's not allowed.

This is quite funny. He is derailing the thread by making a more logical argument?

I'm presenting information showing Argentina freely allows people to go to Antarctica.

The best part is that Argentina itself doesn't have the authority to allow or disallow anyone to just go to Antarctica. Anyone can go, but there are only certain locations that you'd be permitted to go, flat Earth or not.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 04:08:21 PM »
Are you deliberately derailing the thread? Remember that you're debating that it is impossible for anyone to travel to the pole because it's not allowed. You have presented no real informaton to why it's not allowed.

This is quite funny. He is derailing the thread by making a more logical argument?

I'm presenting information showing Argentina freely allows people to go to Antarctica.

The best part is that Argentina itself doesn't have the authority to allow or disallow anyone to just go to Antarctica. Anyone can go, but there are only certain locations that you'd be permitted to go, flat Earth or not.

Oh really? Argentina has no authority? And who precisely is going to stop Argentina? The Illuminati?

Argentina has dozens of bases in their area, and they even have a local government in Antarctica that applies Argentinian civil law to the area. It doesn't matter how Argentina's claims make you feel, so much as they exist and they act upon them as a government.
If you feel Argentina has no claim to this area, may I suggest you declare war on them?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »

You seem to be under the assumption visiting Antarctica is special, it's not. If it was hard to get people to go there, the travel agency wouldn't offer the trips. I have not heard Argentna denying anyone with a visa the ability to travel to Antarctica once they arrive in BA.

I tried to go there, they told me I couldn't.  I even paid for one such trip.  If you don't believe me, the best I can offer is a post card sent from the Southmost city in SA to GeneralGayer.  If you don't believe her, well oh well.  Not too concerned about it.  I know what I experienced.

What does this have to do with the 1000's of people who take tours of Antarctica every summer?

Also, if the Earth is flat. Why doesn't the government of Argentina just come out and say it? Argentina doesn't owe anything to the U.S and they don't have a space program from which to profit from like the U.S. What possible interest could Argentina have in keeping up the conspiracy?

The main problem with your theory is that it's very U.S-centric, You can prove that the U.S could stand to profit from the FE model, but not anybody else.
I paid months ahead of time.  It has nothing to do with my planning.

What does this have to do with 1000s of people who take tours of Antarctica every summer?  Thats a very good question.  It says nothing about the shape of the earth at all.  However, I find it odd that they wouldn't allow a flat earther working on gathering information for publication to travel to Antarctica.  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but still I feel it necessary to share my experience.  Others may be less forgiving.

The FES is British.  I'm Canadian.    Many governements or agencies would/could/do stand to profit from the conspiracy.  This much is obvious.

I think your problem may be ignorance.  I suggest you read more on what you are arguing about, before you jump straight into your preaching.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »

Oh really? Argentina has no authority? And who precisely is going to stop Argentina? The Illuminati?

Argentina has dozens of bases in their area, and they even have a local government in Antarctica that applies Argentinian civil law to the area. It doesn't matter how Argentina's claims make you feel, so much as they exist and they act upon them as a government.
If you feel Argentina has no claim to this area, may I suggest you declare war on them?
Argentina lacks the resources to make any claim on the shape of the earth.  I don't see why its relevant that they claim they own part of Antarctica, despite not having any cities there.

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »

I paid months ahead of time.  It has nothing to do with my planning.

What does this have to do with 1000s of people who take tours of Antarctica every summer?  Thats a very good question.  It says nothing about the shape of the earth at all.  However, I find it odd that they wouldn't allow a flat earther working on gathering information for publication to travel to Antarctica.  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but still I feel it necessary to share my experience.  Others may be less forgiving.

The FES is British.  I'm Canadian.    Many governements or agencies would/could/do stand to profit from the conspiracy.  This much is obvious.

I think your problem may be ignorance.  I suggest you read more on what you are arguing about, before you jump straight into your preaching.

You have absolutely no idea how Latin American politics or sociology work; and you're calling me ignorant?
I'm glad you live in first world countries; and I could possibly understand your point if the world was composed of just North America and Europe. However, you are completely ignoring a region of the world that exists very close to the "edge" of the FE disc.  

I cannot see how any country n South America with the exception of Colombia could benefit from being in on a conspiracy composed mainly of wealthy and culturally hostile first world countries.

Argentina lacks the resources to make any claim on the shape of the earth.  I don't see why its relevant that they claim they own part of Antarctica, despite not having any cities there.

Argentina does not lack the resources to make this claim, Argentina is a fairly wealthy country despite what your stereotype of South America may be. Argentinian universities have published many scientific reports made from their bases in Antarctica.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
You have absolutely no idea how Latin American politics or sociology work; and you're calling me ignorant?
Having no idea about a subject did not prevent you from arguing Relativity.

-- Bob Hudson

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »
Having no idea about a subject did not prevent you from arguing Relativity.

Where is my result for gravity of a photon?

It clearly didn't stop you either.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »
On a FE, the sun is always the same distance from the north pole so would never set or rise.

That is incorrect the "orbit" of the sun expands and contracts; you'd probably know this if you read any of the threads before pronouncing yourself the expert on FET...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »
What?  I know what I am talking about.  You however, claimed that photons 'definitely' do not have a gravitational field.  And that the FE would pass the speed of light in one year.  And would require 'more than infinite' energy.

-- Bob Hudson

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »
What?  I know what I am talking about.  You however, claimed that photons 'definitely' do not have a gravitational field.  And that the FE would pass the speed of light in one year.  And would require 'more than infinite' energy.

This is the last time I humour you:
----------------------------------
Where is my result for gravity of a photon?
----------------------------------
You have no idea what you are talking about you said that photons "absolutely do" have gravitation. You were so sure you were right, you even wanted to berate my teacher because of it, then you were exposed as nothing more than some blabbering wikismart pseudo intellectual. 

And would require 'more than infinite' energy.

In a Poincare transform for discovering the amount of energy required to accelerate, when v > c then E=∞. ∞ is obviously not a real number, it is what in algebra is called an "imaginary number", since the square root of ∞ could be considered a real number, but mathematically it represents "more than infinity". If you failed all your algebra courses, this is not my problem, I'm not here to coddle you and explain every single basic rule of Algebra to you.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »
is obviously not a real number, it is what in algebra is called an "imaginary number"

LOL
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
is obviously not a real number, it is what in algebra is called an "imaginary number"

LOL

My condolences on your F in Algebra. :(

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 05:24:22 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!  He's talking about relativity again.   ;D

Oh, and imaginary numbers now (which are very real, and not imaginary, unlike what he is doing).

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!  He's talking about relativity again.   ;D

Oh, and imaginary numbers now (which are very real, and not imaginary, unlike what he is doing).

If you don't know what an imagnary number in Algebra refers to, I'm afraid you are beyond help. Did you even attend school past the 7th grade?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2008, 05:29:53 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!  He's talking about relativity again.   ;D

If you don't know what an imagnary number in Algebra refers to, I'm afraid you are beyond help. Did you even attend school past the 7th grade?

I know what an imaginary number refers to, but I don't think you do.

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »

Okay then smartypants, what is the sqrt(∞)

Again, that in F in Algebra must have been really hard for you. :(

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 05:38:37 PM »

Please explain what this question has to do with imaginary numbers.

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »

I surely must have failed complex analysis, for I thought:
 ∞ = ∞
and square root of ∞ = ∞  (did you mean the infinite root of ∞?  Not sure where "square" came into it)

which most decidedly has nothing to do with i.

I also have no idea what v>c means.

And I have no idea how you can approach c.  For silly me, I interpreted relativity to mean that I am always standing still, compared to c.

?

elgatofilo

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 05:40:59 PM »
Whatever, you guys are worse than Helldump, at least they know when they've lost. I'm deleting my own account.

It was a pleasure to argue everything to the ground with you guys.  

Please explain what this question has to do with imaginary numbers.

Everything. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do better in remedial Algebra; sorry about your summer though.

∞ = ∞
and square root of ∞ = ∞  (did you mean the infinite root of ∞?  Not sure where "square" came into it)

And I have no idea how you can approach c.  For silly me, I interpreted relativity to mean that I am always standing still, compared to c.

Yes, we all know your an idiot who thinks c is not a universal constant, no need to make it more obvious.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »
Can you provide a link that defines imaginary numbers the way you seem to?  ???

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »

∞ = ∞

And I have no idea how you can approach c.  For silly me, I interpreted relativity to mean that I am always standing still, compared to c.

This post makes too much sense relatively to be in this forum. Please revise.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 05:48:33 PM »
Yes, we all know your an idiot who thinks c is not a universal constant, no need to make it more obvious.

Oh, God, he's killing me... please don't go...

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:52 PM »
This is so funny it must be illegal.

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »
Yes, please never leave.  That bastard Eric left before I could enjoy his delightfully confident yet retarded remarks.

Also, can you provide a link to somewhere that says you can go 0.5c, when compared with a photon?

And also, please tell me how I can figure out how fast my instantaneous inertial frame is going.  Since proper acceleration won't apply within my frame because I am moving "fast", I would just like to figure out how fast I am really going, in the absolute terms you talk about.

Maybe you could enlighten my FE worldview, ya know.