Where is this evidence of an Ice Wall?

• 145 Replies

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
Re: Where is this evidence of an Ice Wall?
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »
This is hilarious. Your "proof" is a picture of the "ice wall" (glacier) taken certainly by a government agency.

Why can't anyone answer this?

If this is the ice wall, WHERE ARE THE SNOWMOBILE MEN????? No one is stopping anyone from going there.

Also FE say the atmosphere is held in by the ice wall. ummm I can clearly see clouds above the ice wall. Magic energy doesn't count.

You lose.

No.  ::)

The ice wall is pretty well-defined as corresponding to the coast of Antarctica.  Nobody disputes that the coast of Antarctica exists, therefore nobody disputes that the ice wall exists.  If you ask for a picture, that's all we have to show you.

Most people here don't believe that the ice wall is actually guarded and I believe its presence in the FAQ may even be a joke too subtle for some REers to pick up, like the notion that the earth is on the backs of four elephants and a turtle.

PROOF OF THE ICE WALL:

The ice wall is a wall of ice and rock that surrounds the earth to the south.  It is not a literal "wall".  I'm only pointing that out because the distinction seems to trip some people up.  It is only a wall in the sense that it is a barrier.

No matter where on the surface of the earth you start, if you keep going south you will eventually come to a barrier of ice and rock.

Nobody, RE or FE, disputes that this last is true.  So there you have it, proof everybody can agree with that if the earth is flat there must be an ice wall.

There is a hypothesized "greater ice wall", but since it has never been observed it's little more than a flight of fancy.  Some feel that it must exist to hold in the atmosphere; my personal opinion echoes Engy's, that the DEF, or UA, is all that's necessary to hold in the atmosphere.  Personally I don't feel it's terribly zetetic to even hypothesize such a wall but some established FEers disagree so it's become something of a corollary to the overall theory, but one that nobody disputes has not been proven.

But as far as providing evidence of the ice wall that is mentioned in the FAQ, well, lots of people have been to "Antarctica", right?  So I don't think any REer can really properly dispute it.

You're just saying the ice wall (that doesn't exsist) is only at the south. What about the rest of the world? I sure don't see any ice.

The Earth is round.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »
This is hilarious. Your "proof" is a picture of the "ice wall" (glacier) taken certainly by a government agency.

If this is the ice wall, WHERE ARE THE SNOWMOBILE MEN????? No one is stopping anyone from going there.

Also FE say the atmosphere is held in by the ice wall. ummm I can clearly see clouds above the ice wall. Magic energy doesn't count.

You lose.

The ice wall is pretty well-defined as corresponding to the coast of Antarctica.  Nobody disputes that the coast of Antarctica exists, therefore nobody disputes that the ice wall exists.  If you ask for a picture, that's all we have to show you.

Most people here don't believe that the ice wall is actually guarded and I believe its presence in the FAQ may even be a joke too subtle for some REers to pick up, like the notion that the earth is on the backs of four elephants and a turtle.

PROOF OF THE ICE WALL:

The ice wall is a wall of ice and rock that surrounds the earth to the south.  It is not a literal "wall".  I'm only pointing that out because the distinction seems to trip some people up.  It is only a wall in the sense that it is a barrier.

No matter where on the surface of the earth you start, if you keep going south you will eventually come to a barrier of ice and rock.

Nobody, RE or FE, disputes that this last is true.  So there you have it, proof everybody can agree with that if the earth is flat there must be an ice wall.

There is a hypothesized "greater ice wall", but since it has never been observed it's little more than a flight of fancy.  Some feel that it must exist to hold in the atmosphere; my personal opinion echoes Engy's, that the DEF, or UA, is all that's necessary to hold in the atmosphere.  Personally I don't feel it's terribly zetetic to even hypothesize such a wall but some established FEers disagree so it's become something of a corollary to the overall theory, but one that nobody disputes has not been proven.

But as far as providing evidence of the ice wall that is mentioned in the FAQ, well, lots of people have been to "Antarctica", right?  So I don't think any REer can really properly dispute it.

You're just saying the ice wall (that doesn't exsist) is only at the south. What about the rest of the world? I sure don't see any ice.

The Earth is round.

WTF are you talking about?  ???
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Snaaaaake

• ROUND000
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »

You lose.

PROOF OF THE ICE WALL:

The Earth is round.

WTF are you talking about?  ???

You only said that people have seen the southern ice wall, what about the rest of it? Oh ya, it doesn't exsist. Sorry.
We told you to go to rehab, but you were all like "no, no, no!" ::)

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2008, 01:51:35 PM »
Wow, all this time and you still don't get it.  ::)

THERE IS NO OTHER ICE WALL.  THERE IS ONLY THE ICE WALL SURROUNDING THE EARTH TO THE SOUTH.

Fail less please.  Oh, that's probably too much to ask, isn't it?

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2008, 02:31:05 PM »
The 150 foot Ice Wall was discovered by Sir James Clark Ross, a polar explorer who was among the first to venture to Antarctica in an attempt to determine the position of the South Magnetic Pole. Upon confronting the massive vertical front of of ice he famously remarked

"It was ... an obstruction of such character as to leave no doubt in my mind as to our future proceedings, for we might as well sail through the cliffs of Dover as to penetrate such a mass.

It would be impossible to conceive a more solid-looking mass of ice; not the smallest appearance of any rent or fissure could we discover throughout its whole extent, and the intensely bright sky beyond it but too plainly indicated the great distance to which it reached southward."

Edge of the known world: http://i23.tinypic.com/nwkp5t.jpg

Did Sir James Clark Ross travel/explore the Ice Wall to confirm that the Ice Wall in fact encircle the Earth?
He only traveled for a little over 200 miles of the Ice Shelf.  At the western edge of the shelf he discovered two mountains.  One of which was almost 13000 feet.  He named that one Mt. Erebus, the smaller he named Mt. Terror after the two ships in the expedition.  The land beyond the shelf he named Victoria Land.
The Earth is Round.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

You lose.

PROOF OF THE ICE WALL:

The Earth is round.

I'll explain you this
According to the FET, which i don't believe at all, btw, the north pole is in the center, so, wherever you move to, if not to the center, it'll be going south.
Signature under building process, our apologies for the inconveniences

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2008, 02:35:14 PM »

You lose.

PROOF OF THE ICE WALL:

The Earth is round.

I'll explain you this
According to the FET, which i don't believe at all, btw, the north pole is in the center, so, wherever you move to, if not to the center, it'll be going south.

You can't move west or east?  ???

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2008, 02:38:52 PM »

You lose.

PROOF OF THE ICE WALL:

Not one rational person doubts anarcticas exsistance.

Ill keep it real simple for you.

1) There was a picture produced showing said "ice wall"/antarctica whatever u wanna call it.

2) This picture CLEARLY shows no atmosphere being retained by said ice wall.

3) This picture CLEARLY shows no snowmobile men, government agents etc.

4) This picture could be faked too.

5) How can you believe your "evidence" when it clearly comes from government sources just like ours? They are part of this conspiracy right?
I guess the people who took this pic were not in on the conspiracy right? how do you know that? did you go there yourself?

Your argument fails when you believe in one piece of evidence produced a specific agency and then deny another produced by the very same agency.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2008, 02:52:26 PM »
How does one see no atmosphere being retained?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
How does one see no atmosphere being retained?

WOW.
 Just wow. Now I see you are purposely not being objective.

LOOK AT THE PICTURE

There are these things called clouds which consist of water vapor, our atmosphere consists of them. Clouds mean GASSES which is, you guessed it, OUR ATMOSPHERE. It is made up of various gasses that you and I breathe every day.

Don't even try to act stupid. You are MUCH smarter than this. You see the atmosphere clearly in the picture a FE'r produced. I guess he is part of the conspiracy right?

« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
This Just in....  Between 1985 and 2000, 450 more people were almost added to the conspiracy of the FET and the ice wall as they made their way to the summit of Mt. Vinson.  In order to be successful in this expedition you must first fly into Patriot Hills 746 miles North East of the South Pole, aboard a DC3 or a C130.  From Patriot Hills you then take a twin otter to the base of Mt. Vinson.  Permits must be filed 5 years in advance and should be directed to the NASA Headquarters in Washington DC, we suspect this is because NASA is behind the conspiracy to keep the wall a great secret, but don't have any proof of said conspiracy.  This mountain has a fairly successful rate of summits.  The largest tolls come with the Physical and Psychological tolls of being in such extreme weather.  If you would like to climb this mountain, put in your permits now as NASA is being bogged down with requests and the logistics of having to move their Ice Wall Guards around in hopes they will not be spotted.  Most Guide companies like to annoy NASA while in the area and climb the surrounding peaks, Mount Tyree, Mount Shinn, and Mount Gardner.  However several climbers have been shot at for making faces and throwing snowballs at the Ice Wall Guards.  Upon approval, a release will be signed releasing us of all responsibility if you are killed for such reasons.
The Earth is Round.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »

Yes, doing circles. But if you follow a straight line, you would always be travelling south.

?

Nightmare

• Flat Earth is gay??
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2008, 03:30:27 PM »
"Your argument fails when you believe in one piece of evidence produced a specific agency and then deny another produced by the very same agency."

You are committing a fallacy here, zeekman.
forum browser

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »

Yes, doing circles. But if you follow a straight line, you would always be travelling south.

Well, sure.  You go in a straight line long enough and you'll eventually come to the ice wall.  So?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »

How are you supposed to travel in a straight line without something like a compass to relate our position to?

It's not even possible to travel in a perfectly straight line without adjusting your position in a car on a long stretch of highway.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »
You see the atmosphere clearly in the picture a FE'r produced. I guess he is part of the conspiracy right?

No, it would mean that the atmosphere is being retained.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »
Tom Bishop, Roundy, I was only trying to explain why you always say that about "going south to find the ice wall", and no other direction, I am a RE and I don't need explanations or answering questions about it, if i'm wrong, you explain the person who wanted to know, some post above.

« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2008, 12:13:24 AM »
You see the atmosphere clearly in the picture a FE'r produced. I guess he is part of the conspiracy right?

No, it would mean that the atmosphere is being retained.

Oh, I get it now. You are just doing the talking in circles tactic. Pretty cool.

Too bad you got pwned.

I love how the atmosphere is ABOVE the so called ice wall. Looks retained to me....LOL

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2008, 12:25:40 AM »
The atmosphere is held in via the Dark Energy Field.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2008, 07:24:20 AM »

How are you supposed to travel in a straight line without something like a compass to relate our position to?

You go in one direction and keep going in that direction without looking at your compass. What roads lead to the ice wall, oh wait it's surrounded by ocean, please make another analogy. Are you saying that neptune will turn your ship around if you keep going in one direction without looking at a compass, like in the fairytales? Are you saying that theoretically if I could drive to the ice wall, that I wouldn't be able to trust my car to go in one direction continuously if I don't move the wheel?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:27:12 AM by Penispoop agogo »

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »
You go in one direction and keep going in that direction without looking at your compass.
Then how would you know you were going straight?

Are you saying that neptune will turn your ship around if you keep going in one direction without looking at a compass, like in the fairytales?
Once again, how would you know you were going straight?

Are you saying that theoretically if I could drive to the ice wall, that I wouldn't be able to trust my car to go in one direction continuously if I don't move the wheel?
No, you could not.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:36 AM »

Define straight please, this all just seems like a battle over semantics as if that disproves anything, another vague theory

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2008, 09:20:28 AM »

Define straight please, this all just seems like a battle over semantics as if that disproves anything, another vague theory

We're just a little confused over how you could possibly know you are going straight for thousands of miles without any kind of guide.  If you figure out a way to do that let us know.

« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »

Be careful what you wish for:
–adjective 1. without a bend, angle, or curve; not curved; direct: a straight path. 
2. exactly vertical or horizontal; in a perfectly vertical or horizontal plane: a straight table. 
3. (of a line) generated by a point moving at a constant velocity with respect to another point. 
4. evenly or uprightly formed or set: straight shoulders. 
5. without circumlocution; frank; candid: straight speaking. 
6. honest, honorable, or upright, as conduct, dealings, methods, or persons. 
7. Informal. reliable, as a report or information. 
8. right or correct, as reasoning, thinking, or a thinker. 
9. in the proper order or condition: Things are straight now. 
10. continuous or unbroken: in straight succession. 
11. thoroughgoing or unreserved: a straight Republican. 
12. supporting or cast for all candidates of one political party: to vote a straight ticket. 
13. unmodified or unaltered: a straight comedy. 
14. without change in the original melody or tempo: She does straight songs, with just the piano backing her. 
15. Informal. a. heterosexual. 
b. traditional; conventional. 
c. free from using narcotics. 
d. not engaged in crime; law-abiding; reformed. 

16. undiluted, as whiskey. 
17. Theater. (of acting) straightforward; not striving for effect. 
18. Journalism. written or to be written in a direct and objective manner, with no attempt at individual styling, comment, etc.: She gave me a straight story. Treat it as straight news. 
19. Cards. containing cards in consecutive denominations, as a two, three, four, five, and six, in various suits. 
–adverb 20. in a straight line: to walk straight. 
21. in an even form or position: pictures hung straight. 
22. in an erect posture: to stand up straight. 
23. directly: to go straight to a place. 
24. without circumlocution; frankly; candidly (often fol. by out). 
25. honestly, honorably, or virtuously: to live straight. 
26. without intricate involvement; not in a roundabout way; to the point. 
27. in a steady course (often fol. by on): to keep straight on after the second traffic light. 
28. into the proper form or condition; in order: to put a room straight. 
29. in possession of the truth or of true ideas: I want to set you straight before you make mistakes. 
30. sold without discount regardless of the quantity bought: Candy bars are twenty cents straight. 
31. Journalism. directly and objectively: Write the circus story straight. 
32. without personal embellishments, additions, etc.: Tell the story straight. Sing the song straight. 
33. (of liquor) served or drunk without ice, a mixer, or water; neat: He drank his whiskey straight. 
–noun 34. the condition of being straight. 
35. a straight form or position. 
36. a straight line. 
37. a straight part, as of a racecourse. 
38. Informal. a. a heterosexual. 
b. a person who follows traditional or conventional mores. 
c. a person who is free from narcotics. 

39. Chiefly Games. a succession of strokes, plays, etc., which gives a perfect score. 
—Idioms40. go straight, Informal. to live a law-abiding life; no longer engage in crime. 
41. play it straight, Informal. to do something without jokes, tricks, subterfuge, distortions, or the like: a comedian who plays it straight when he crusades against drug abuse. 
42. straight off, without delay; immediately: I told him straight off what I thought about the matter. Also, straight away. 
43. straight up, (of a cocktail) served without ice: a gin martini straight up.

« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2008, 07:02:41 AM »
Unless you managed to somehow find a longitudinal line painted on the surface of the earth that you could follow, you would need a compass of other navigational aid in order to ensure that you are in fact continuously keeping your back to the north pole and are heading towards the south pole (or ice wall, depending on your worldview).  Given real world circumstances of changing terrain, oceanic and atmospheric currents and such, it would not be possible to know that you are continuing in a truly straight line for thousands of miles...even watching a ship's wake to the horizon on calm waters you could still go off course and into an imperceptably large circle.

RET gentlemen, I think the ice wall issue has been covered here.  The inner ice wall is the outer edge of Antarctica...its not a brick wall, nor is it continuous in it height or shape...it just a border that happens to exist in both maps in the same place.  The FET people have not indicated (in this thread) that the inner ice wall retains any atmosphere, the general consensus among them seems to be that the atmosphere is retained either by the outer ice wall (similar to the inner exept it's scaled up tremendously in the order of 60-80km in height), or there is no outer wall and the atmosphere is held in by either dark energy (theoretical force in bith FET and RET that seems to provide a repulsive force, nature unknown in both worldviews) or the UA, which is thought to provide the motive force that provides for the continuous acceleration of the earth.  Alternatively, some FET seem to indicate that the earth may be an infinite plane of existence which may divide the universe in half or provide for its outer edge...the logic there is (I think) if the earth is infinite, so is the atmosphere...somethng that I don't agree with.

I'm an RET guy myself, just throwing it out there that this thread has probably reached the point of diminishing returns and will continue on to childish name calling.

« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »
Not only that.  You would need several compasses.  Each one set to a different declination as you made your way south.  As declination changes even if you are able to fly in a straight line.  Not to mention compasses that are balanced for both north of the equator and south of the equator, depending of course on your starting point.  The easiest route would probably be to just start in Punta Arenas, Chile and head south.  Even then, a quick glance at the declination chart gives me the idea that you would change declination 7+ times as you head in a straight line south.  This is of course all RET figures.  FET may have some magic compass that I have never seen or heard of, much less taught some one how to use.
The Earth is Round.