I'll give it a go!

• 294 Replies

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: I'll give it a go!
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2008, 05:00:32 AM »
Millions of people disappear every year. How do you know that noone falls over the edge? ???  I think Steve Fossett bravely travelled over the edge recently.
Why are you so angry? Even if we're all barking mad, what good would come of visiting our board to mock us? We only want to help you in your search for knowledge.
As for your question, the motive is clearly money.

You forgot to add 'fuck off'
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2008, 05:02:42 AM »
Right.

Fuck off!

(I was trying to be diplomatic?)
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2008, 05:03:23 AM »
Diplomacy is for losers. Fucking diplomacy ARGH. Sorry, bad mood.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2008, 05:26:14 AM »
Millions of people disappear every year. How do you know that noone falls over the edge? ???  I think Steve Fossett bravely travelled over the edge recently.
Why are you so angry? Even if we're all barking mad, what good would come of visiting our board to mock us? We only want to help you in your search for knowledge.
As for your question, the motive is clearly money.

Could you please clarify to me how exactly you gain money from such a venture like this? I did in fact read the conspiracy thread, but they were all highly impractical/unlikely. If you had actual proof of all these things, then they would have been better off simply announcing that the Earth the flat. The huge amounts of money they would gain from such a monumental discovery would dwarf any pay they could recieve to keep quiet.

The burden of proof lies on you lot who come to our website. You sought us out, we didn't come over to you and tell you the Earth is flat, you came over to us and tried to tell us the Earth is round, so you have to prove that.

By placing this website on the internet, and naming the forum section Flat Earth DEBATE and DISCUSSION, it is up to you to prove to me that the Earth is flat. I'm looking for answers, and I'm trying to be open minded here, but all your proof seems to be either circumstancial, based on assumptions, or it is simply a way to explain something that has already been explained in a much better way by REt.

Also last I checked the majority of the world believes the Earth is round, so I don't have to prove anything. Burden of proof is upon you, unless you are content to create incredibly complicated methods of explaining basic concepts all day long with the other 4 people who believe in FEt.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:29:45 AM by Shogoll »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2008, 05:29:45 AM »
*sigh*

The conspiracy gets money by pretending its possible to go into space
They then receive money from their governments for space programs
They don't actually go into space, they just fake it which will be cheaper than going into space
They pocket the excess money

If they reveal the Earth is flat, they not really gonna get any money for that and will probably be in the shit for all the money previously wasted on fake space programs

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2008, 05:31:49 AM »
*sigh*

They don't actually go into space, they just fake it which will be cheaper than going into space

If they reveal the Earth is flat, they not really gonna get any money for that and will probably be in the shit for all the money previously wasted on fake space programs

If something amazing that changed everyones perceptions on reality was discovered, I don't think that people would focus on how much money was spent, but more on the fact that their perception of reality has been completely changed.

The sheer publicity and glory stemming from such a discovery would mean research grants, job offers all around, and a lot of fucking money raining upon the lucky discoverer.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2008, 05:36:27 AM »
Well, sure if it were a genuine discovery. What do you think would be the reaction if the NASA spokesperson held the press conference saying, "Errr.. uhhh...  I know you've given us trillions of dollars of the course of the last several years, but about the whole space travel thing ...  We, uh... faked it... We've known for years the earth was flat, but didn't let on because the money was just that damn good..."
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2008, 05:39:12 AM »
Well, sure if it were a genuine discovery. What do you think would be the reaction if the NASA spokesperson held the press conference saying, "Errr.. uhhh...  I know you've given us trillions of dollars of the course of the last several years, but about the whole space travel thing ...  We, uh... faked it... We've known for years the earth was flat, but didn't let on because the money was just that damn good..."

Now that's just idiotic. What I'm talking about is that there is no reason for a conspiracy, much less a cover up for a conspiracy, since they would simply announce the Earth was flat when they found out it was flat. They would never have to cover it up or do anything stupid like that, they would just say it's flat, monumental discovery etc etc.

No cover up would ever happen because there is no reason for one, and as a result no conspiracy would exist.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2008, 05:39:43 AM »
*sigh*

If something amazing that changed everyones perceptions on reality was discovered, I don't think that people would focus on how much money was spent, but more on the fact that their perception of reality has been completely changed.

The sheer publicity and glory stemming from such a discovery would mean research grants, job offers all around, and a lot of fucking money raining upon the lucky discoverer.

I think I'd focus on how money had been stolen by the conspiracy, and I think a hell of a lot of other people would too.

There would be a lot of publicity, but very little glory from revealing that you've been lying for so long. It'd be more like sackings all round.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2008, 05:41:11 AM »

Now that's just idiotic. What I'm talking about is that there is no reason for a conspiracy, much less a cover up for a conspiracy, since they would simply announce the Earth was flat when they found out it was flat. They would never have to cover it up or do anything stupid like that, they would just say it's flat, monumental discovery etc etc.

No cover up would ever happen because there is no reason for one, and as a result no conspiracy would exist.

But there already is a conspiracy so it's a little late for what-ifs. The conspiracy had to happen because of the Cold War and the space race.

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2008, 05:44:43 AM »

But there already is a conspiracy so it's a little late for what-ifs. The conspiracy had to happen because of the Cold War and the space race.

No, because I don't believe in there being a conspiracy, since there would be no motive for one in the first place. Also the conspiracy would not have to happen because of the Cold War and the Space Race, if America found the Earth was flat before the Russians, America would triumph, since they would be the ones with the monumental discovery. Also your conspiracy thread stated that the conspiracy to hide the fact the Earth is flat also involved members of the Russian Space Agency. If it had really started in the Cold War, there would never be any way that people from the USSR and people from the US would collaborate in a conspiracy to rip off their own goverments.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2008, 05:46:18 AM »
The space agency in Russia was just as corrupt and had no political motivation to out NASA.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2008, 05:48:03 AM »

No, because I don't believe in there being a conspiracy, since there would be no motive for one in the first place. Also the conspiracy would not have to happen because of the Cold War and the Space Race, if America found the Earth was flat before the Russians, America would triumph, since they would be the ones with the monumental discovery. Also your conspiracy thread stated that the conspiracy to hide the fact the Earth is flat also involved members of the Russian Space Agency. If it had really started in the Cold War, there would never be any way that people from the USSR and people from the US would collaborate in a conspiracy to rip off their own goverments.

Ok let me put it into words you'll understand.

Cold War is going on. Both the US and the USSR are trying to get into space. Both of them realise they can't. Both of them are not sure that the other can't. If one admits they can't they would put themselves at a big disadvantage to the other. So both pretend they can. This goes on until it's too late to back down and admit they can't. So conspiracy starts.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2008, 05:50:33 AM »
Seems reasonable. And this doesn't mean the "governments" as a whole had any idea what was really going on. As I've already stated:

Ok, I'm the Premier. The US has just said they're going to start sending men to the moon. I tell the head of the space program, "hey -- we can't let those nekulturny bastards beat us to space! Get to work."  I don't know how space travel works (or doesn't work as it were). The head of the space program, being very cunning says, "Well, sure, but it's going to cost a lot of rubles." So we give it to them and they use some of it and graft from the balance. Then they say, "We've had some technical problems. If we're going to beat the US we're going to need even more rubles. We don't want them to beat us do we?"  And I say, " Hooy na ny! Ty chyo, blya? Here's some more scratch -- I want results!" Incidentally, when the Soviets "delayed" too long and NASA beat them to the moon, the Premier pulled the plug financially. So they came up with new goals. Like SpaceLab/Mir, etc.  And the game continues as they fake progress and keep the balance... Now they're all working together on the ISS -- how convenient!

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2008, 05:52:27 AM »

The Earth accelerates upwards.  Read the FAQ.

Give me more than 5 scientific studies of proof and then i may be swayed in my opinions of the earth being roundm otherwise you people are the greatest trolls in the history of the internet

Seriously prove it bitch.
Dont just say " tha urth is flat!!!" actually prove it, someone and dont bastardise physics to do so, use proper physics that arent pulled out of your arse.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:54:35 AM by Bravehat »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2008, 05:54:27 AM »
Yeah that sounds about right Ski

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2008, 05:57:18 AM »
Give me more than 5 scientific studies of proof and then i may be swayed in my opinions of the earth being roundm otherwise you people are the greatest trolls in the history of the internet

Seriously prove it bitch.
Dont just say " tha urth is flat!!!" actually prove it, someone and dont bastardise physics to do so, use proper physics that arent pulled out of your arse.

Your tone suggests you aren't actually looking for enlightenment. I'm not a circus monkey to perform tricks on your command. So basically,

Fuck off!

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2008, 05:58:36 AM »

Ok let me put it into words you'll understand.

Cold War is going on. Both the US and the USSR are trying to get into space. Both of them realise they can't. Both of them are not sure that the other can't. If one admits they can't they would put themselves at a big disadvantage to the other. So both pretend they can. This goes on until it's too late to back down and admit they can't. So conspiracy starts.

Let me put it into words you'll understand too. The country that comes out with the discovery would be credited with finding something monumental and would make the other country look ridiculous for trying to go into space even though it's impossible. Coming out with the truth wouldn't put them at a big disadvantage. No conspiracy starts.

Seems reasonable. And this doesn't mean the "governments" as a whole had any idea what was really going on. As I've already stated:

Ok, I'm the Premier. The US has just said they're going to start sending men to the moon. I tell the head of the space program, "hey -- we can't let those nekulturny bastards beat us to space! Get to work."  I don't know how space travel works (or doesn't work as it were). The head of the space program, being very cunning says, "Well, sure, but it's going to cost a lot of rubles." So we give it to them and they use some of it and graft from the balance. Then they say, "We've had some technical problems. If we're going to beat the US we're going to need even more rubles. We don't want them to beat us do we?"  And I say, " Hooy na ny! Ty chyo, blya? Here's some more scratch -- I want results!" Incidentally, when the Soviets "delayed" too long and NASA beat them to the moon, the Premier pulled the plug financially. So they came up with new goals. Like SpaceLab/Mir, etc.  And the game continues as they fake progress and keep the balance... Now they're all working together on the ISS -- how convenient!

No that isn't how it works. If presidents were such morons then the accepted standard would be FEt. The materialistic gains from revealing this amazing discovery to the world would be more then a couple million rubles that the goverment could afford to pay. There is no need for a conspiracy.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2008, 06:01:04 AM »
But they most likely didn't realise it was impossible to get into space to begin with so if they couldn't do it and the other could then they would be at a disadvantage. Declaring that the Earth is flat wouldn't really have given them much of an advantage, most likely it would have been laughed off.

What materialistic gains would there be for declaring the Earth to be flat?

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2008, 06:02:12 AM »
I have read countless good arguments for a round earth "disproved" by you fuckwits simply stating the earth accelarates upwards, but not a single fucking one of you flat earth believers can prove it, so kindly do so, and before you get me to prove gravity is real im currently workin on findin a few studies that do so.

Infact this could be solved with one simple equation, W = mg. and since you are all so good at physics then you will all know what that is, and if you arent the blindest of the blind, you will realise that has a major affect on your pidly round earth theory
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:10:22 AM by Bravehat »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2008, 06:04:36 AM »
I have read countless good arguments for a round earth "disproved" by you fuckwits simply stating the earth accelarates upwards, but not a single fucking one of you flat earth believers can prove it, so kindly do so, and before you get me to prove gravity is real im currently workin on findin a few studies that do so.

Good luck finding a study to prove that gravity is real as even in RE gravity isn't real, it's a fictitious force.

« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2008, 06:07:45 AM »
But they most likely didn't realise it was impossible to get into space to begin with so if they couldn't do it and the other could then they would be at a disadvantage. Declaring that the Earth is flat wouldn't really have given them much of an advantage, most likely it would have been laughed off.

Declareing the Earth to be flat would lead to a great career as a leading pioneer of a newly emerging fielding re-researching the reality to try and find out more about Flat Earth, research grants, publicity, glory, promised jobs, interviews, everything.

Also it wouldn't be laughed off if they could prove it conclusively, had good evidence and data to back it up, if the discoverer was qualified, and if the experiment used to prove the world was flat could be repeated by other scientists. With overwhelming evidence, it would be taken seriously.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2008, 06:10:10 AM »

Declareing the Earth to be flat would lead to a great career as a leading pioneer of a newly emerging fielding re-researching the reality to try and find out more about Flat Earth, research grants, publicity, glory, promised jobs, interviews, everything.

Also it wouldn't be laughed off if they could prove it conclusively, had good evidence and data to back it up, if the discoverer was qualified, and if the experiment used to prove the world was flat could be repeated by other scientists. With overwhelming evidence, it would be taken seriously.

Hmm let me see, if I had a choice to earn money doing actual work or by pretending to do work, I know what I'd choose...

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »
im sorry but havent they already proved that the earth is roundm you know, with GPS SATELLITES!!! for gods sake people the evidence is flying in your face and you still just fucking ignore it.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »
GPS doesn't require satellites. Now do a search or fuck off.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2008, 06:17:01 AM »

Yes, I'm sure they would be laughed at much more politely than we are here...

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2008, 06:18:53 AM »

Not to mention orbiting satellites aren't possible...  I'm still waiting for that proof of gravity thing... I tingle in anticipation... Poor Einstein is shaking in his boots that Bravehat is going to overturn him...

« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2008, 06:19:12 AM »

I was just waiting for one of you to say something like that.

Unfortunately, you cannot compare your self to a team of respected scientists with PH.Ds, conclusive evidence and experiments that can prove without doubt that the Earth is flat. Your theory is filled with holes and incredibly flawed, and I don't think any of you have PH.Ds and/or conclusive evidence and experiments. Your answer to holes in your theories is that the goverment conspiracy keeps them hidden, which is incredibly unlikely as the actual conspiracy theory upon which FEt is built upon is incredibly flawed.

Hmm let me see, if I had a choice to earn money doing actual work or by pretending to do work, I know what I'd choose...
The conspiracy theories you come up with involve more work then working in an actual job as a researcher or something like that. It would involve insane planning, lieing to a population of 6.5 Billion people, doctoring thousands of images and videos, paying off hundreds of people.

The logistics of planning a conspiracy of this scale, especially with the estimated 24 people is definitely hard work. This isn't some cake walk.

I would take the job as a scientist.

Not to mention that most scientists are scientists because they enjoy what they do, and as a result would probably prefer to work and feel the sense of accomplishment from such a great discovery. Not to mention that they would probably prefer working in a job they like over lieing to the entire world's population and running a close risk of ruining their own career.

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2008, 06:19:29 AM »

Orbiting Satellites have still taken photographs of every inch of the planet, not disc, so yeah my point still stands

also found this, too lazy to read right through so you major no lifers can do that for me.
http://www.world-mysteries.com/newgw/sci_27_gms.htm

and ski's comment about einstien and gravity,
Didnt his theory of relativaty depend on gravity, if i remeber correctly it did, which means he helped give more knowledge on gravity, not disprove it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:21:47 AM by Bravehat »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2008, 06:21:32 AM »

I was just waiting for one of you to say something like that.

Unfortunately, you cannot compare your self to a team of respected scientists with PH.Ds, conclusive evidence and experiments that can prove without doubt that the Earth is flat. Your theory is filled with holes and incredibly flawed, and I don't think any of you have PH.Ds and/or conclusive evidence and experiments. Your answer to holes in your theories is that the goverment conspiracy keeps them hidden, which is incredibly unlikely as the actual conspiracy theory upon which FEt is built upon is incredibly flawed.

The conspiracy theories you come up with involve more work then working in an actual job as a researcher or something like that. It would involve insane planning, lieing to a population of 6.5 Billion people, doctoring thousands of images and videos, paying off hundreds of people.

The logistics of planning a conspiracy of this scale, especially with the estimated 24 people is definitely hard work. This isn't some cake walk.

I would take the job as a scientist.

Not to mention that most scientists are scientists because they enjoy what they do, and as a result would probably prefer to work and feel the sense of accomplishment from such a great discovery. Not to mention that they would probably prefer working in a job they like over lieing to the entire world's population and running a close risk of ruining their own career.

I'd still go for the conspiracy option. Especially if it helped me win the Cold War. And get money to go into my pocket rather than into my research work as a scientist.