High School

• 564 Replies

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: High School
« Reply #510 on: July 30, 2010, 04:57:43 PM »
Geeze! I had 800 kids in my graduating class in high school.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #511 on: July 30, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »
...We don't have a team. However, some kids from our school go to the next town over to play . And a couple people have gone two towns over to play .

I'm not saying your school has a football team, I'm talking about the one you are fucking.

?

Muphci

« Reply #512 on: July 30, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »

Yeah, but that's not too much less than the population of the town, and most of them are old, so....
There is no such thing as no time for fisting.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #513 on: July 31, 2010, 04:46:07 AM »
Yeah, don't go. Just drop out of school now.

Gayer gives terrible advice.

Wrong. I give great advice.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #514 on: July 31, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »

Holy crap, I had 1400 in my graduating class.

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #515 on: July 31, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
I had 150...
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »
I had 150...

I had a little over 100. I was on a first name basis with everyone. 120 I think.

?

Muphci

« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2010, 10:24:38 AM »
I was on a first name basis with everyone.

I'm on a first name basis with the whole damn high school here. There's like...two hundredish altogether in all four grades.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
My class is around 300.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »

Holy crap, I had 1400 in my graduating class.
something around here, I think.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »
Like twenty-nine. And we're the biggest class. But I think we're losing some kids for this upcoming school year, so I dunno.

I'm on a first name basis with the whole damn high school here. There's like...two hundredish altogether in all four grades.

Is it just me, or does this not add up?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »
Yeah, her original claim was <80.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
30 * 4 = liek 200?

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
Did anyone here drop out of highschool?
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
I sort of did.

I have medical problems with my legs that the school refused to recognize (after multiple x-rays, MRIs, a couple nerve conduction studies) even after we took up a HUGE stack of papers of pretty much my complete medical history for them. I withdrew and finished my diploma at a shitty school with a "diploma plus" program, which meant that I'd get my diploma from the school I withdrew from. It was a "work at your own rate" kind of school, and I finished the classes I needed in less than a month.

This ended up severely fucking me over now, so I have to attend community college courses for a while before I can go to the college I'd like.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #525 on: August 02, 2010, 01:06:13 PM »
I sort of did.

I have medical problems with my legs that the school refused to recognize (after multiple x-rays, MRIs, a couple nerve conduction studies) even after we took up a HUGE stack of papers of pretty much my complete medical history for them. I withdrew and finished my diploma at a shitty school with a "diploma plus" program, which meant that I'd get my diploma from the school I withdrew from. It was a "work at your own rate" kind of school, and I finished the classes I needed in less than a month.

This ended up severely fucking me over now, so I have to attend community college courses for a while before I can go to the college I'd like.

LOLOLOLOL U SUCK

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #526 on: August 02, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »
I sort of did.

LOLOLOLOL U SUCK
I got the same diploma instead of dropping out and getting a GED, which is better than nothing.

?

Muphci

« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »
Like twenty-nine. And we're the biggest class. But I think we're losing some kids for this upcoming school year, so I dunno.

Is it just me, or does this not add up?

Shit. I meant 200ish PreK-12. Source.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2010, 11:01:21 PM »
I sort of did.

Protip: go to a community college that is a branch of a decent college. If you aren't on academic probation you can simply give them notice that you are moving campuses. There is no need to apply.

If you can't do this then simply put an hour into writing a letter to the dean of admissions before applying to a better college. The dean at OSU told me I had the best written letter he had ever seen and he would have accepted me without question if the circumstances had been different. BS'ing your way through life pays off eventually.

?

Muphci

« Reply #529 on: August 03, 2010, 12:46:19 AM »
I have a list of colleges I plan to apply to in the future. Wanna see?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #530 on: August 03, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »

No.

?

Muphci

« Reply #531 on: August 03, 2010, 01:08:16 AM »

Yes.

Okay :D.

Flagler College
Endicott College
University of California
University of North Carolina at Asheville
Western Washington University
Western State College
Fort Lewis College

There's a few other religiously affiliated schools I've been looking into (Warren Wilson College, Berea College, and Regis University), but I don't think that's for me.

Also, if I do go University of California, which campus would y'all recommend? Santa Cruz? San Francisco?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:13:01 AM by Muffz »

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #532 on: August 03, 2010, 01:17:05 AM »

Yes.

Okay :D.

Flagler College
Endicott College
University of California
University of North Carolina at Asheville
Western Washington University
Western State College
Fort Lewis College

There's a few other religiously affiliated schools I've been looking into (Warren Wilson College, Berea College, and Regis University), but I don't think that's for me.

Also, if I do go University of California, which campus would y'all recommend? Santa Cruz? San Francisco?

What do you plan in majoring in?
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

?

Muphci

« Reply #533 on: August 03, 2010, 06:29:23 AM »
I'm not sure yet. Probably Psychology, Education, International Studies, or Spanish. I've also pondered Anthropology and English.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #534 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:40 AM »
I'm not sure yet. Probably Psychology, Education, International Studies, or Spanish. I've also pondered Anthropology and English.
These are useless for making a career.

Go to University of Pittsburgh. That's going to be my first real college. They have a pretty decent computer science department (the head of it is a pretty nice guy, we've met.) Stay there through a master's if everything would work out okay for me to go to CMU for my doctorate. :D DR. SUPAH IN THE HOUSE.

?

Muphci

« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2010, 06:59:19 AM »
It looks pretty cool. Kinda expensive though. But isn't Pittsburgh cold? And does it really look like I'd be interested in Computer Sciences?

Also, there are plenty of happy people with careers in Psychology, Education, and English.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2010, 07:03:53 AM »
It looks pretty cool. Kinda expensive though. But isn't Pittsburgh cold? And does it really look like I'd be interested in Computer Sciences?

Also, there are plenty of happy people with careers in Psychology, Education, and English.
There are plenty of people with careers in psychology depending on how long you want to go to school for.

Education and english, on the other hand, lead to jobs that make people miserable.

?

Muphci

« Reply #537 on: August 03, 2010, 07:08:59 AM »
Education and English- teacher or writer. What's so miserable about that?

If I were to go into Psych, I'd get my Masters, which is really only one extra year of school. Any less = not much credibility and any more = psychiatrist which = drug dealers who talk to their patients fifteen minutes, tops.

I have also pondered massage school and becoming a rafting guide. But I think with massage I'd have the same problem as my mom, that I'd be bothered by not using my intellect very much.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #538 on: August 03, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »
If you went to massage school would you learn top secret chi blocking massages?

?

Muphci

« Reply #539 on: August 03, 2010, 07:40:43 AM »
Um...no. It'd just be a year of intensive anatomy plus usually around one thousand hours of practice time with the other classmates.