More round-earth nonsense

• 48 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
More round-earth nonsense
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:48:09 PM »
Did you know that in the RE model:
India is South, East, West, North, NE, SW, NW, SE, and down from the United States.
The ever-inward-accelerating surface of the earth never collapses in on itself.

Go ahead, add your own, its easy to pull their silly model apart!

?

CyborgJesus

• Professional Misanthrope
Re: More round-earth nonsense
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:58:42 AM »
India is South, East, West, North, NE, SW, NW, SE, and down from the United States.

It can't accelerate through itself. There is enough pressure below the surface to prevent that.
Quote from: King Bishop
Jesus is officially made of fail. Eat that, Christianity!
Quote from: Bill Hicks
The human race is a virus with shoes.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 05:33:36 AM »

Yes, you've certainly blown that old chestnut out of the water.

Now be a dear and tell be how the same southern constellations are visible in Austria, South America and South Africa.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 06:06:56 AM »
Oh lets light the FE theory on fire now, kay? Lets see

Isn't it just a barrel of laughs how every teacher and professor are working for the government? I know what my career will be!  :)

The Moon is made out of magic dust! No matter how you see it, you will always see one side! Even if you're looking at it from a distance!

Even with the Earth constantly accelerating, objects tend to accelerate themselves when dropped. That shouldn't happen, but it does! Awesome!

Oh God that was fun.

The Earth is round. Get the hell over it.
Dude, look at this!!! Seriously!!!
And this too!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:50 AM »

?

CyborgJesus

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 07:26:43 AM »
Plus it did collapse on itself, hence why it's round and not flat.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 07:42:27 AM »
Even with the Earth constantly accelerating, objects tend to accelerate themselves when dropped. That shouldn't happen, but it does! Awesome!
What?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »

Right, because the Earth is just hollow so it would collapse on itself, there isn't stuff under the crust. You know it should collapse on itself, good call. :o

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »

The Earth consists of multiple layers which become denser the deeper you go.  If the Earth were hollow then, yeah, it would just collapse inward but since it isn't, it doesn't.

And yes, on this globe we call Earth you can reach India by going in almost any direction for a long enough period of time.  The reason we choose one direction in particular is because it takes less time/resources for that way.  That's life on a globe for you.
Don't try to argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

narcberry

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 11:04:43 AM »
How does something undergo constant acceleration without it ever affecting it's velocity and inevitably, it's position?

Either there is no "gravity" or the RE should be a singularity.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 11:06:43 AM »
The velocity is affected. Re-read your physics books. Oh, and the Earth stays perfectly still? Had no idea about that...
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »
How does something undergo constant acceleration without it ever affecting it's velocity and inevitably, it's position?

Ah, but the Earth is not stuck in one position in our solar system, or even in the universe.  It constantly orbits around the sun, which in turn is flying through space possibly orbiting around another body.  The Earth has not yet become a singularity because the gravitational force it creates has not exceeded the mass of the planet.  When/if that happens then, yes, there'll be a rather large singularity where Earth once was.
Don't try to argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »
My computer is undergoing a constant acceleration as it sits here on my desk.  Yet its velocity never changes.

-- Bob Hudson

?

CyborgJesus

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »
My computer is undergoing a constant acceleration as it sits here on my desk.  Yet its velocity never changes.
Why do you feel fine tearing apart stupid RE'ers but never Narcs nonsense? Did you just get bored of it or something?

?

fshy94

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »
Erm...he just did...

The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

CyborgJesus

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 05:58:57 PM »
Not in nearly the same way he does to RE'ers. Although I guess after you've known him for so long it's hard to get mad at his eccentricities.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »
Why do you feel fine tearing apart stupid RE'ers but never Narcs nonsense?
Narc is only taken seriously by gullible RE'ers.

-- Bob Hudson

narcberry

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 07:48:59 PM »

Ah, but the Earth is not stuck in one position in our solar system, or even in the universe.  It constantly orbits around the sun, which in turn is flying through space possibly orbiting around another body.  The Earth has not yet become a singularity because the gravitational force it creates has not exceeded the mass of the planet.  When/if that happens then, yes, there'll be a rather large singularity where Earth once was.

I think the simplicity of my point is lost on your gaping void, so I'll rephrase with you in mind.
How does the earth undergo constant acceleration inwards without it ever affecting the it's inward velocity and inevitably, it's overall size?

Either there is no gravity, with it's constant acceleration, or the earth should have crushed in on itself until it was a singularity.

?

CyborgJesus

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »

I think the simplicity of my point is lost on your gaping void, so I'll rephrase with you in mind.
How does the earth undergo constant acceleration inwards without it ever affecting the it's inward velocity and inevitably, it's overall size?

Either there is no gravity, with it's constant acceleration, or the earth should have crushed in on itself until it was a singularity.
Well why doesn't the flat Earth collapse into an ultra thin disk from the acceleration affecting it?

narcberry

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 08:01:58 PM »
The FE has a constant acceleration upwards. It's velocity continues to increase. It's position is always reflecting this. It will not squish in on itself because, unlike the RE, we don't have a Universal Accelerator pressing in on all sides, we only have Up and that doesn't contradict itself.

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »
How inane.
I slowly died from cancer.

?

fshy94

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 11:48:36 AM »
All right, who's pretending to be Gulliver? C'mon, out with the names.

^^LOL!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
My money's on Saddam.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

The Great Mighty Poo

• That's me, and the Hydra is my Bitch.
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 12:56:17 PM »
Is it just me, or is narcberry more full of shit than the great mighty poo?

Possibly too good for his own trousers? Yeah.

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
2 points:
1)i read in a science fiction novel that there IS a tiny singularity in the center of the earth-an "event horizon" anyway.
2)"up" is relative.

and the round earth model does not "accellerate" inward, it has ACTUAL gravity, not that "universal acceleration" nonsence.

imagine it: everything in the entire universe just happens to be accelerating in the same direction, which just happens to be EXACTLY the same as "up" from your viewpoint? and you think that makes MORE sense than gravity?!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
2 points:
1) If you read it in a sci-fi novel, I'm sure it's true.
2) "up" would be relatively the same direction for observers on a flat earth

Imagine it: everything in the entire universe just happens to be accelerating in the same direction, which just happens to be the same as "outwards" from the viewpoint of the singularity?

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

narcberry

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
imagine it: everything in the entire universe just happens to be accelerating in the same direction, which just happens to be EXACTLY the same as "up" from your viewpoint? and you think that makes MORE sense than gravity?!

1 Up makes more sense than an infinite set of multi-angular pulls of gravity in every which direction without any piece of matter ever communicating it to each other.

Gravity breaks the laws of information transfer in that it is communicated faster than light. Gravity breaks the laws of energy transfer in that giant forces of acceleration are created instantly and without consuming energy. Gravity breaks reason in that an invincible particle is created without energy loss, at an infinite rate, travels at speed infinity, does not interact with anything that has mass, yet interacts with everything that has mass.

I'm sorry, are we really supposed to take gravity seriously?

?

The Great Mighty Poo

• That's me, and the Hydra is my Bitch.
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 03:36:30 PM »

1 Up makes more sense than an infinite set of multi-angular pulls of gravity in every which direction without any piece of matter ever communicating it to each other.

Gravity breaks the laws of information transfer in that it is communicated faster than light. Gravity breaks the laws of energy transfer in that giant forces of acceleration are created instantly and without consuming energy. Gravity breaks reason in that an invincible particle is created without energy loss, at an infinite rate, travels at speed infinity, does not interact with anything that has mass, yet interacts with everything that has mass.

I'm sorry, are we really supposed to take gravity seriously?

Are we really supposed to take you seriously?
Possibly too good for his own trousers? Yeah.

narcberry

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »
Sorry, could you explain gravity then? Please include how a piece of matter knows which way to accelerate, and the underlying mechanism.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »
and the round earth model does not "accellerate" inward, it has ACTUAL gravity
How can that be?  Gravity does not exist.

-- Bob Hudson