About the space race...

• 83 Replies
?

twopointseventwo

Re: About the space race...
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
You're clearly a plant from the Bavarian Globe Makers Guild spreading propoganda to further delude the masses.

You can't be serious? You clearly are in a corner in this debate where you know what you are saying is non sense, so I understand drastic measures... but trying to say that I'm part of the conspiracy?!

I'm hoping your just joking...

The majority of people you list are clearly interpreting their model IN LIGHT OF the round earth lie. If they evaluated the data un-encumbered by  presumption, they might well interpret their data differently.

If your going to post on this site, it's a great idea to have a sturdy desk that will withstand you banging your head against it every time someone says something stupid. For example, what Ski just said.

All the phenomena I described are incompatible with FET. There is no other way to interpret the data other than a round earth that revolves around the sun and spins on it's axis. On the flip side, if the earth truly worked on the FET model, none of the results that researchers found would ever make sense. The FEers on this site, try as they might, cannot even fabricate an interpretation of the data that is consistent with the facts.

The FET model and the RE model produce very different results and observations in almost every field of earth and space study. Depending on the FE model, physics might even have to be rewritten.

And your right 89 Million ($89,000,000.00) is nothing to spread out among the conspiracy when the average annual income is $4,650. I mean good lord, how would the co-conspirators afford to buy their $3,000 cars and go to the $0.15 movies?

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/pop/prices-1958.htm

That's exactly what I'm thinking... I'm glad we are on the same page.

The conspiracy has to:

Vigorously research the FE model to the same depth we know the RE model. This is so they know where the inconsistencies are and can know exactly what research needs to be tampered with. Think about how many earth scientists there are today researching the RE. There would need about the same number researching the FE. It's not only a matter of paying researchers, but investing in facilities and expensive equipment.

Build huge rockets for mock space launches. Remember, aerospace engineers don't work for cheap. The materials to build a rocket of this size would not be cheap either, especially after multiple launches.

Build and maintain a NASA facility and pay all the workers, even the ones that aren't in on the conspiracy. Have you ever been to NASA? We aren't talking mean wages either; these are graduate students, many with a pHD. If they weren't in on the conspiracy (if they were you would have to pay them much more) they would likely need very expensive research equipment to keep them busy.

This is a biggie. Have covert teams monitor every researcher in the world and somehow alter the data of every observation made by every earth scientist to make every measurement line up to support RE. There are literally millions of researchers out there, I can't even imagine how this could be done. Even if there were one person for every researcher, which would probably never work, you would never be able to pay everyone off. If someone is in on the conspiracy, they aren't going to work for the mean wage. Maybe not even 10x the mean wage.

And that's just a start. So yes, how would the co-conspirators afford to buy their $3,000 cars and go to the $0.15 movies? I have no idea. I'm guessing they would be living on the street.

lindelof

• DADA IS NOT DEAD. WATCH YOUR OVERCOAT.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
No, no, no.  Don't you see?  The earth is flat but it is flat in such a way that all data that is ever gathered will suggest that it is round.  You dont even need a conspiricacy, people do go into space and the photos are real, but the earth is really flat and it looks round in the photos because of atmospheric refraction.

?

TheA1pha0mega

• But it's on the UN flag! That makes it real right?
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 11:35:46 AM »
Ok, that just sounds retarded.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

I'm sure it was intended to.  ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »
No, no, no.  Don't you see?  The earth is flat but it is flat in such a way that all data that is ever gathered will suggest that it is round.  You dont even need a conspiricacy, people do go into space and the photos are real, but the earth is really flat and it looks round in the photos because of atmospheric refraction.

Well, I would say it is about on par with the conspiracy theory.

?

TheA1pha0mega

• But it's on the UN flag! That makes it real right?
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
RE for teh win!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »

Well, I would say it is about on par with the conspiracy theory.

Says a conspirator...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
The conspiracy has to:

Vigorously research the FE model to the same depth we know the RE model. This is so they know where the inconsistencies are and can know exactly what research needs to be tampered with. Think about how many earth scientists there are today researching the RE. There would need about the same number researching the FE. It's not only a matter of paying researchers, but investing in facilities and expensive equipment.

Build huge rockets for mock space launches. Remember, aerospace engineers don't work for cheap. The materials to build a rocket of this size would not be cheap either, especially after multiple launches.

Build and maintain a NASA facility and pay all the workers, even the ones that aren't in on the conspiracy. Have you ever been to NASA? We aren't talking mean wages either; these are graduate students, many with a pHD. If they weren't in on the conspiracy (if they were you would have to pay them much more) they would likely need very expensive research equipment to keep them busy.

This is a biggie. Have covert teams monitor every researcher in the world and somehow alter the data of every observation made by every earth scientist to make every measurement line up to support RE. There are literally millions of researchers out there, I can't even imagine how this could be done. Even if there were one person for every researcher, which would probably never work, you would never be able to pay everyone off. If someone is in on the conspiracy, they aren't going to work for the mean wage. Maybe not even 10x the mean wage.

And that's just a start. So yes, how would the co-conspirators afford to buy their $3,000 cars and go to the $0.15 movies? I have no idea. I'm guessing they would be living on the street.

No they don't .The Conspiracy need not extend farther than NASA's crude space props. Any observable phenomena can easily be explained under the Flat Earth model using natural phenomena. The movement of the oceans, the movement of the pendulum, the and swirling of the stars overhead can all be explained by a natural process without invoking a Conspiracy.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 02:13:52 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »
No they don't .The Conspiracy need not extend farther than NASA's crude space props. Any observable phenomena can easily be explained under the Flat Earth model using natural phenomena. The movement of the oceans, the movement of the pendulum, the swirling of the stars overhead, they can all be explained without invoking a Conspiracy. Circumnavigation can also be explained without needing a Conspiracy dating back to Columbus and Magellan.

Fail.

Tom, none of your explanations are consistent with the facts. This is constantly pointed out to you and you just ignore it!

An FE universe yields very different observations from a RE universe. The two are not reconcilable.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »
Fail.

Says the failure...
Oh snap.
If we were in the first grade that would be clever.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 02:23:09 PM »
An FE universe yields very different observations from a RE universe. The two are not reconcilable.

That's true.  For example, I would expect to see curvature if the earth was round...

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »

That's true.  For example, I would expect to see curvature if the earth was round...

Fail.

RE theory does not predict we would see the curvature of the earth due to the size of the earth.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »

Fail.

RE theory does not predict we would see the curvature of the earth due to the size of the earth.

Oh! I get it now.

It's like FE theory doesn't predict blowhards will see the foundation for the evidence because of the size of their ego...

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 02:36:34 PM »

Fail.

Riiiiiiight.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008, 02:40:36 PM »

Fail.

Oh! I get it now.

It's like FE theory doesn't predict blowhards will see the foundation for the evidence because of the size of their ego...

Ski, all you can do is hurl insults at me. You can't argue the facts because you know you will never win.

Fail.

Riiiiiiight.

I don't see why it is so hard to believe? it is actually a very simple concept. Grab a geometry book and look up local linearity.

lindelof

• DADA IS NOT DEAD. WATCH YOUR OVERCOAT.
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »
RE implies that the earth is locally flat.

No they don't .The Conspiracy need not extend farther than NASA's crude space props. Any observable phenomena can easily be explained under the Flat Earth model using natural phenomena. The movement of the oceans, the movement of the pendulum, the and swirling of the stars overhead can all be explained by a natural process without invoking a Conspiracy.

It's not just crude qualitative explanations; scientists make huge computer models using all sorts of math and physics to model ocean currents, air currents, the weather, whatever.  They all assume that the earth is round.  If it was flat than they would notice.  The haven't noticed.  So the earth is not flat.

Actually, the daily rotation of the stars about the south celestial pole (as seen in the southern hemisphere) is one of the easiest ways to see that the earth is not flat.  If you think about the flat earth map, it just doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 09:12:36 PM by lindelof »

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

Fail.

Oh! I get it now.

Ski, all you can do is hurl insults at me. You can't argue the facts because you know you will never win.
I failed to see any winner or loser in this thread. Instead, I see noobs ranting at each other meaninglessly.

So continue your ranting, noob. I'm enjoying every minute of this.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »

Fail.

Oh! I get it now.

I failed to see any winner or loser in this thread. Instead, I see noobs ranting at each other meaninglessly.

So continue your ranting, noob. I'm enjoying every minute of this.

Have you even read the thread? There isn't a single point they have made that hasn't been torn down.

If you have something you'd like to add, please do so.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »
Have you even read the thread? There isn't a single point they have made that hasn't been torn down.
No, I don't waste my time on noobs, noob.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 07:57:15 PM »

Well, that's awfully rude.

Do you care to come down from your throne and explain what part of my argument makes me a 'noob'? or are you just going to throw around pointless insults?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »
Do you care to come down from your throne and explain what part of my argument makes me a 'noob'? or are you just going to throw around pointless insults?
I'm surprised; you actually claimed that you made an argument. Unfortunately, you're just arguing against the wall because no one gives a shit about anything in this forum. Plus, your "argument" has been posted by other people over and over, long before you even came here. Do a search, please. Hence, you are a noob.

Furthermore, let me do a check...

Position:    
Date Registered:    April 15, 2008, 10:12:25 PM

Yep, definitely a noob.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »
I'm surprised; you actually claimed that you made an argument.

Well, I'm surprised that you are surprised.Do you understand what an arguments is? Logical premises that support a necessary conclusion. I would ask you to show how I failed to meet this criteria, but instead of making a supported argument you would probably just throw more insults at me.

Unfortunately, you're just arguing against the wall because no one gives a shit about anything in this forum.
I think I can agree with you on this.

Plus, your "argument" has been posted by other people over and over, long before you even came here. Do a search, please.
I have searched around quite a bit on this forum, and have not found quite a few of the arguments I have made. Apparently, not all of the arguments have been repeated enough, as many of the FEers argue the same fallacious points. Personally, I have no problem repeating information that is sound and based on evidence and observation. It beats the alternative of spewing out garbage FE theories.

Hence, you are a noob.

Furthermore, let me do a check...

Position:    
Date Registered:    April 15, 2008, 10:12:25 PM

Yep, definitely a noob.

You've posted 1500+ times so that gives you a license to act like a jerk to anyone who is new.

You know what, I am here for some serious debate, so why don't you just go back to your room while the adults are talking?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2008, 08:25:03 PM »

You know what, I am here for some serious debate, so why don't you just go back to your room while the adults are talking?

A serious debate about the shape of the earth??????   ;D ;D ;D 

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »

A serious debate about the shape of the earth??????   ;D ;D ;D 

Well... I guess in a way you have a point.

But the people who really believe the earth is flat on the forum take themselves seriously, so I feel like I have to try and reason with them.

I'm beginning to see that they aren't very rational though.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »
But the people who really believe the earth is flat on the forum take themselves seriously, so I feel like I have to try and reason with them.

How many such people do you think you've encountered?

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »

How many such people do you think you've encountered?

1. Tom Bishop
2. Username
3. TheEngineer
4. Ski
5. Roundy the Truthinessist

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2008, 08:37:09 PM »
Do you understand what an arguments is? Logical premises that support a necessary conclusion.
Wow, you actually know 1+1=2.

I would ask you to show how I failed to meet this criteria, but instead of making a supported argument you would probably just throw more insults at me.
I would like you to show me when did I said that. Hence,

I have searched around quite a bit on this forum, and have not found quite a few of the arguments I have made. Apparently, not all of the arguments have been repeated enough, as many of the FEers argue the same fallacious points. Personally, I have no problem repeating information that is sound and based on evidence and observation. It beats the alternative of spewing out garbage FE theories.
Why don't you go read ENaG and start your argument from there? Instead, you make baseless statements like that.

You've posted 1500+ times so that gives you a license to act like a jerk to anyone who is new.
Uh, no. Since you frequently use ad Hominem attacks on the debaters, I shall do the same to you.  It's fair, right?

You know what, I am here for some serious debate
Unfortunately, if you are looking for serious debates, you are in the wrong place. 

so why don't you just go back to your room while the adults are talking?
You're an adult? The tone and quality of your posts say otherwise.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
Well, a supposed FEer named ROUNDY should've raised some kind of flag.   As for the others, they can speak for themselves but they're each and every one rational.

Kill-9

• House Shaped Earth Proponent
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »
Actually, the daily rotation of the stars about the south celestial pole (as seen in the southern hemisphere) is one of he easiest ways to see that the earth is not flat.  If you think about the flat earth map, it just doesn't make any sense.
That's simply one case that it doesn't make sense. Another would be that the conspiracy is purely based on the fact that its required for the theory, not because there is any evidence. They only suspect a conspiracy, and nothing more.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
(random horseshit that doesn't make sense)
Quote from: Viscount Dead Kangaroo
I spend half the day with a dick in my mouth