so HOW many people are in on the conspiracy?

• 115 Replies
?

twopointseventwo

Re: so HOW many people are in on the conspiracy?
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »

Please explain what you mean by proving a theory. This is not possible. Proof only happens in mathematics. In science, we are able to VALIDATE hypothesis with EVIDENCE-- of course, this is something that FEers have never been successful at.

This is exactly what I mean.  Occam's Razor does not qualify as EVIDENCE, therefore it cannot be used to VALIDATE anything.

Occam's Razor is used if you have two theories with equal consistency and predicative power and need to select between the two. Introducing a hypothetical entity into a theory (that is, something with no evidence, such as the dark shadow object, the conspiracy, or dark energy under the earth) introduces a high probability that the theory will be incorrect. Hypothetical explanations, by there very nature, have a higher probability of being incorrect. It's very simple.

Of course, this isn't an empirical observation used to validate a hypothesis (I never claimed it to be either), but rather a method of choosing between two theories and selecting the one with the greatest probability of being correct.

But like I was saying, RET and FET are not equally consistent so Occam's Razor need not even apply. Perhaps you are ignoring my point?

Getting back on topic, see this thread for a reasoned analysis of how many people really need to be in on the conspiracy.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have broken this down so many times talking about what a conspiracy like this would actually have to involve... nobody seems to be listening.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
But like I was saying, RET and FET are not equally consistent so Occam's Razor need not even apply. Perhaps you are ignoring my point?

Backtracking on the Occam's Razor point because you realized you were wrong.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »

???

Please explain what you are talking about.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »
This is absolutely ridiculous. I have broken this down so many times talking about what a conspiracy like this would actually have to involve... nobody seems to be listening.

The point is that you're wrong.  Only the leaders of the world's space agencies and possibly the astronauts need be in on the conspiracy.  If the ice wall is guarded (and I see no reason why it would be), perhaps them too.  Who else do you feel needs to be? 

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »

???

You brought up Occam's Razor.  Then when you realized that you were wrong about Occam's Razor applying here, you backtracked to point out that RET and FET are not equally consistent, so it doesn't apply anyway!

It was rationalization on your part to try to get out of the fact that you were wrong.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2008, 03:14:01 PM »

The point is that you're wrong.  Only the leaders of the world's space agencies and possibly the astronauts need be in on the conspiracy.  If the ice wall is guarded (and I see no reason why it would be), perhaps them too.  Who else do you feel needs to be? 

Well first of all, what I feel has little to do with it. I make decisions based on facts and evidence, not feelings.

The only possible way NASA could convince the world of RE would be to tamper with millions of researchers evidence that corroborates a round earth. Do you have any idea how much this would cost?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »

Well first of all, what I feel has little to do with it. I make decisions based on facts and evidence, not feelings.

And yet you seem content to make assumptions about all the people who would have to be in on the conspiracy.  What facts and evidence back up your points?  ???

The only possible way NASA could convince the world of RE would be to tamper with millions of researchers evidence that corroborates a round earth. Do you have any idea how much this would cost?

The alternative explanation, of course, is that all that research (which incidentally was conducted and interpreted from a RE point of view) really doesn't prove anything about the shape of the earth.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »

???

You brought up Occam's Razor.  Then when you realized that you were wrong about Occam's Razor applying here, you backtracked to point out that RET and FET are not equally consistent, so it doesn't apply anyway!

It was rationalization on your part to try to get out of the fact that you were wrong.

Fail.

You could very well apply Occam's Razor to both theories, but it is certainly not nessicary. You'll notice I said it 'need not apply', not that it wasn't possible to apply Occam's razor to our predicament, just that it isn't necessary since you can just look at FET and see how much of a mess it is.

Please try and read a little closer.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2008, 03:21:36 PM »

???

Fail.

You could very well apply Occam's Razor to both theories, but it is certainly not nessicary. You'll notice I said it 'need not apply', not that it wasn't possible to apply Occam's razor to our predicament, just that it isn't necessary since you can just look at FET and see how much of a mess it is.

Please try and read a little closer.

You are a very accomplished backtracker.  I've never seen it done twice so close to each other on these forums before now.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2008, 03:26:08 PM »

And yet you seem content to make assumptions about all the people who would have to be in on the conspiracy.  What facts and evidence back up your points?  ???

My god, open up a geology book... an oceanography book... an astronomy book...

It's chocked full of observations that cannot be explained by FE!
Millions of researchers have verified these same observations, they can't all be in on it!

The alternative explanation, of course, is that all that research (which incidentally was conducted and interpreted from a RE point of view) really doesn't prove anything about the shape of the earth.

I gotta give you another one of these for this ridiculous comment:

Fail.

The RE model is the only possible way to interpret the data that makes any sense or has any consistency. I fail to see why you think scientific data would turn out to be different solely because an REer measured it? Again, they couldn't all be just making this stuff up to support a conspiracy.

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »
You are a very accomplished backtracker.  I've never seen it done twice so close to each other on these forums before now.

Do you think you could support your accusations instead of just flinging them around? Thanks.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »
The RE model is the only possible way to interpret the data that makes any sense or has any consistency. I fail to see why you think scientific data would turn out to be different solely because an REer measured it? Again, they couldn't all be just making this stuff up to support a conspiracy.

This is exactly the kind of bias the round earth conspiracy fosters.

No, they're not making it all up.  It is all explainable by natural phenomena on a flat earth.

Please, if you're going to try to make this point, at least give Earth Not a Globe a read to see how some such observations are explained.

Otherwise you're just arguing out of your ass.  How can you pass judgment on our theories if you don't even know what they are?

?

twopointseventwo

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »

This is exactly the kind of bias the round earth conspiracy fosters.

No, they're not making it all up.  It is all explainable by natural phenomena on a flat earth.

Then please, enlighten me! I have a thread on ocean gyres that has not been explained by anybody, why don't you start there?

Please, if you're going to try to make this point, at least give Earth Not a Globe a read to see how some such observations are explained.

Otherwise you're just arguing out of your ass.  How can you pass judgment on our theories if you don't even know what they are?

Because, your theories have been presented on this forum multiple times, and every time they are they are completely inconsistent, as I have pointed out. How can you claim I wouldn't know what your theories are when I have posted rebuttals against them?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »
Fail.

I see noobs ranting at each other meaninglessly.

So continue your ranting, noob. I'm enjoying every minute of this.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »
Glad to be of service.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

pancakes

• flat like pancakes! get it?
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 06:57:34 PM »
Glad to be of service.

you've taken the role of "devil's advocate" a bit too far, like the girl who played Lady Macduff in my high school's production of Macbeth. i suppose the same could be said about most of you FEers... except Tom. he's a douchenozzle.

sorry bout that, it had to be said.
Quote from:  pancakes
i can have a relevant sig too!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »
Well it's hard to take some people as seriously as they take themselves...

Whither should I fly?
I have done no harm. But I remember now
I am in this earthly world; where to do harm
Is often laudable, to do good sometime
Accounted dangerous folly
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

pancakes

• flat like pancakes! get it?
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2008, 10:51:02 PM »

fine. i should probably start doing the same thing you're doing then!

i think its time for the conversion of pancakes into an FEer.
Quote from:  pancakes
i can have a relevant sig too!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »

Another fine victory for FE!!

Till that Bellona's bridegroom, lapp'd in proof,
Confronted Pancakes with self-comparisons,
Point against point rebellious, arm 'gainst arm.
Curbing his lavish spirit: and, to conclude,
The victory fell on us.

Great happiness!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:20:50 PM by Ski »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2008, 05:00:47 AM »

fine. i should probably start doing the same thing you're doing then!

Knew it wouldn't take long
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2008, 08:28:46 AM »
you forgot several things:
anyone who goes south of the equator would notice the discrepancies, therefore, the navigator of EVERY ship that has EVER gone south of the equator would have to be part of the conspiracy!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2008, 09:13:53 AM »
Eric?!!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

The Great Mighty Poo

• That's me, and the Hydra is my Bitch.
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »
What about the Soviets. Everyone forgets the Soviets.

Because I'm sure they'd be happy to assist NASA in their diabolical moneymaking scheme.

Or was the entire Cold War just a massive hoax as well?
Possibly too good for his own trousers? Yeah.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2008, 11:18:52 AM »
What about the Soviets. Everyone forgets the Soviets.

Because I'm sure they'd be happy to assist NASA in their diabolical moneymaking scheme.

Or was the entire Cold War just a massive hoax as well?

You don't think the Soviet Space Program had opportunists working there too? Just because they were communists they were immune to greed and graft, right?

?

The Great Mighty Poo

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
So the Soviets were involved? See, because the Soviet Space Agency was effectively an extension of the central government, the idea of massive cohesion with NASA in upholding a turgid hoax doesn't really hold water does it?

I'm sure Sergei Korolev et al. would have managed to pull off secretly researching computer generated imagery without the likes of the NKVD stumbling in on the whole scheme. Don't tell me, the USSR was secretly an arm of the USA and the Cold War was all a massive excercise in public deception in order to preserve this moneylaundering scheme.

Oh wait that makes no sense at all.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »
I'm sure Sergei Korolev et al. would have managed to pull off secretly researching computer generated imagery without the likes of the NKVD stumbling in on the whole scheme. 

Can you prove that they wouldn't have been able to pull this off?

My opinion is that the space race was real; it was just the actual getting into space that was fake.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
Ok, I'm the Premier. The US has just said they're going to start sending men to the moon. I tell the head of the space program, "hey -- we can't let those nekulturny bastards beat us to space! Get to work."  I don't know how space travel works (or doesn't work as it were). The head of the space program, being very cunning says, "Well, sure, but it's going to cost a lot of rubles." So we give it to them and they use some of it and graft from the balance. Then they say, "We've had some technical problems. If we're going to beat the US we're going to need even more rubles. We don't want them to beat us do we?"  And I say, " Hooy na ny! Ty chyo, blya? Here's some more scratch -- I want results!" Incidentally, when the Soviets "delayed" too long and NASA beat them to the moon, the Premier pulled the plug financially. So they came up with new goals. Like SpaceLab/Mir, etc.  And the game continues as they fake progress and keep the balance... Now they're all working together on the ISS -- how convenient!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2008, 12:13:29 PM »
See how plausible it all is, Poo?

?

The Great Mighty Poo

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2008, 12:20:22 PM »
Ok, I'm the Premier. The US has just said they're going to start sending men to the moon. I tell the head of the space program, "hey -- we can't let those nekulturny bastards beat us to space! Get to work."  I don't know how space travel works (or doesn't work as it were).

Yeah, I'm the Premier and my son worked on the space program and later became involved in aeronautics, and I was trained as an engineer, but I never really bothered to find out about the itty bitty details because I'm just a massive stoopidhed.

?

The Great Mighty Poo

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »
I have the strangest feeling that naming myself after a massive fictional poo, whose hobbies include pelting squirrels with his faeces, was an enormous mistake.