Personal Experience

• 63 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Personal Experience
« on: April 19, 2008, 12:58:15 PM »
All of my personal experience suggests that the earth is flat. Every single day of my life is lived upon a Flat Earth. Everything I do is done upon a plane.

What kind of first hand experience do you have which suggests that the earth is a globe?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 01:00:25 PM by Tom Bishop »

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
Re: Personal Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »
All of my personal experience suggests that the earth is flat. Every single day of my life is lived upon a Flat Earth. Everything I do is done upon a plane.

What kind of first hand experience do you have which suggests that the earth is a globe?

The spherical movement of the stars in all the counties I've ever visited.   FE theory will ever explain that. 

As Newton once said: "if I have seen farther it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants".  At some point you, Tom, have to do that.  Forget the Zetetics.  Rowbothem is a midget.

I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

Kill-9

• House Shaped Earth Proponent
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:32:02 PM »

Observing the heavens. I was always interested in distant stars and planets. Also, experiences that relate to FET are working for a government.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
(random horseshit that doesn't make sense)
Quote from: Viscount Dead Kangaroo
I spend half the day with a dick in my mouth

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »
Everytime I fall over I start rolling
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Kill-9

• House Shaped Earth Proponent
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
You believe the earth is hill shaped?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
(random horseshit that doesn't make sense)
Quote from: Viscount Dead Kangaroo
I spend half the day with a dick in my mouth

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »
You believe the earth is hill shaped?

Yes, or at least fairly sloped.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 03:12:37 PM »
Actually she believes she's a ball.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »
The horizon at sea

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »
The spherical movement of the stars in all the counties I've ever visited.   FE theory will ever explain that. 

Spherical movement? If I stand outside and study the night sky for a sufficient amount of time I can detect a slight spinning movement above my head at most.

The horizon at sea

I've seen the horizon line at sea. It's flat.

Do you have any other pearls of wisdom for us?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:39:53 PM by Tom Bishop »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 03:37:31 PM »
Actually she believes she's a ball.

A bull actually

?

jdoe

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »

Perhaps you would enlighten us with your first-hand experience and tell us of the experiments you have done which prove the earth a plane.
Mars or Bust

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 04:03:55 PM »
You've mapped and measured a large enough amount of the planet first hand to determine it's shape?

Or have you perhaps viewed the planet from a great distance, putting yourself in a position to personally view its shape?

?

jdoe

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 04:15:36 PM »

Spherical movement? If I stand outside and study the night sky for a sufficient amount of time I can detect a slight spinning movement above my head at most.

If you stay outside all night, you can trace the movements of the stars as circular arcs across the sky from horizon to horizon.  Long exposure shots show this beautifully.  This, at the very least, suggests we are inside of a huge, star-embedded celestial sphere that is rotating around us with the north star at its pole.

How this celestial sphere changes as we move from north to south suggests that the earth is a sphere.  The north star raises its elevation one degree for every 69 miles traveled northwards.  This fact has been essential to navigators for centuries.  Discounting mysterious refraction effects, the only way this could be possible is if we are standing on a sphere as the heavens rotate around us.
Mars or Bust

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 04:23:12 PM »

All of "personal experience" lends to the hypothesis that the earth is round equally well as to the hypothesis that the earth is flat. Experientially, there is no difference. This is because both theories explain why the evidence is true with equal accuracy.

In other words, your personal experience tells you that the earth is flat only because you already have a belief in the earth being flat. Not a smooth move. Show me "first hand experience" that we can all agree on that does not assume either hypothesis in question, and favors one hypothesis over the other. Then there will be something to rationally discuss in regard to FE being relevant to ANY observations, including "personal experience".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:26:03 PM by Aufbau20 »

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »
I don't have any.

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
I've seen the horizon line at sea. It's flat.

Do you have any other pearls of wisdom for us?

I was referring to the sinking over the horizon effect and the fact that even with a powerful telescope you can't resolve the parts of ships etc that have disappeared below the horizon.

I just didn't feel like putting too much effort into it because your effort amounted to "Every single day of my life is lived upon a Flat Earth. Everything I do is done upon a plane." Yeah, that's heaps specific. Good one, Tom.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 05:19:16 PM »
The sun setting.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 05:30:42 PM »
Nothing, really.

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »
Sorry to break it to you guys, but live never would have evolved on a flat earth. For one, night and day would not occur. Second, the seasons would not occur. Third, there would be no gravity on earth. Fourth we have indeed taken pictures of the Earth (not needed to prove that Earth is a sphere) such as this:http://www.roumazeilles.net/news/en/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/earth_from_space.jpg.

Gravity comes from the incessant spinning of the Earth.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »
Wait, I've got it!

The way the sun and ships sink.  They need altered rules by Rowbotham to work.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but live never would have evolved on a flat earth. For one, night and day would not occur. Second, the seasons would not occur. Third, there would be no gravity on earth. Fourth we have indeed taken pictures of the Earth (not needed to prove that Earth is a sphere) such as this:http://www.roumazeilles.net/news/en/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/earth_from_space.jpg.

Gravity comes from the incessant spinning of the Earth.

Yeah, they would, read the FAQ.

And what?  Gravity is caused by spinning?  WTF?

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »
The Earth orbits the sun, not the other way around. It would therefore be impossible for the Earth to experience night and day if it were flat.

Hypothetically speaking, if the sun orbited the Earth, day and night would occur, but the entire Earth would be either day or night all at the same time.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 05:46:04 PM »
The Earth orbits the sun, not the other way around. It would therefore be impossible for the Earth to experience night and day if it were flat.

Hypothetically speaking, if the sun orbited the Earth, day and night would occur, but the entire Earth would be either day or night all at the same time.

Please read our FAQ to see why you are wrong about this.

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »
Please go read a scientific journal to see why you are a complete idiot.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 05:50:52 PM »
Please go read a scientific journal to see why you are a complete idiot.

Please see my signature to see why you are a complete idiot.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 05:59:05 PM »
Have you ever heard of natural selection? I think you need to go remove yourself from the gene pool.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »
Have you ever heard of natural selection? I think you need to go remove yourself from the gene pool.

He's an REer.  He believes the Round Earth Theory.  Please do these things before you insult the wrong people.

1. Read the FAQ.
2. Lurk moar.
3. See my response to your other post.
4. Don't debate Flat Earth.  It evolves, and cannot be disproven.
5. Have fun in the other forums, like Everything Else.

Genius...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:01:57 PM by Trekky0623 »

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
Yea, this is a joke. No one could be this stupid.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »

I'd ask you to do the same thing, as your understanding of "gravity" falls well below that of even the most ignorant REers we have had visit this site.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »
LOL, I didn't even notice the signature. That's hilarious. Talk about an ironic thread that he made.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

?

Roundearthandjesus

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »

You have no idea how bad I want to flame you and make fun of you but I am going to be civilized. My experience is that I have been in enough planes and looked out enough windows and I wondered why is the horizon curved? I can also say that I have seen the curve from the ground. You need to get your eyes checked...