Quick Question

• 23 Replies
?

Icometus

Quick Question
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
Suppose FE was proven even more wrong than it has been already. Suppose that everyone had their own starship, and could go into space and see the Earth.
Suppose they all saw it was round.

What would become of this site?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »
Sustained spaceflight is not possible.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Pope Zera

• A Firm Believer in NOTHING
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »
Then they'd all be co-conspirators.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
Suppose one day everyone had tunneling vehicles made of Unobtainium* and we could all dig through the Earth.  What would you RE'ers say when RE was proven wrong when the other side of the Earth was a barren landscape where 'gravity' tried to rip you from the surface? 

What would become of your theories?

*Unobtainium is a registered trademark of Paramount Pictures. 

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »
Cool, I want some unobtainium, where do I get it from?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 05:51:31 PM »
Your local Walgreens, m'dear.

Oh, wait, do they even have Walgreens where ever it is you are residing these days?

-- Bob Hudson

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »
Suppose FE was proven even more wrong than it has been already. Suppose that everyone had their own starship, and could go into space and see the Earth.
Suppose they all saw it was round.

What would become of this site?

The public school system sure is producing some "big thinkers" these days.

Everyone had their own starship... and you're concerned about this site? Sweep that floor Goldie.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »
Bag my groceries,  Icometus. 

By the way, that is my favorite movie, tehEngineer. 

and I love these "what if teh Earth was round" topics.  So speculative. 

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 05:45:18 AM »
Your local Walgreens, m'dear.

Oh, wait, do they even have Walgreens where ever it is you are residing these days?

Er no we don't have Walgreens here unless they are cunningly disguised as Walanyothercolours
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 05:55:54 AM »
Suppose one day everyone had tunneling vehicles made of Unobtainium* and we could all dig through the Earth.  What would you RE'ers say when RE was proven wrong when the other side of the Earth was a barren landscape where 'gravity' tried to rip you from the surface? 

Well, Engy, we wouldn't know now would we? What with there being no eyewitness accounts, you know how they all got sucked off and eaten by the turtle.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »

Well, Engy, we wouldn't know now would we? What with there being no eyewitness accounts, you know how they all got sucked off and eaten by the turtle.
Yeah but what if you tied a rope around yourself and anchored it topside? Then you'd be able to climb back up and let everyone know the truth.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
was the italicized rope really needed?

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »

Yeah but what if you tied a rope around yourself and anchored it topside? Then you'd be able to climb back up and let everyone know the truth.

No, your head would explode, before you could tell anyone, due to the conspiracy. 

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 02:10:28 AM »

No, your head would explode, before you could tell anyone, due to the conspiracy. 
Or the Vacuum, and does anyone here have a rope strong enough to stop the whole earth accelerating away from you, or strong enough to keep the turtle from eating you?
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »
Or the Vacuum, and does anyone here have a rope strong enough to stop the whole earth accelerating away from you
Sure do.  You can get it really cheap at Walmart.

-- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 08:46:22 AM »
Or the Vacuum, and does anyone here have a rope strong enough to stop the whole earth accelerating away from you
Sure do.  You can get it really cheap at Walmart.

This is a serious forum, spam elsewhere troll  >:(

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 08:50:33 AM »
That was a legitimate answer, noob.

-- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 08:51:51 AM »
Your mum's a what?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 10:25:04 AM »
A mom...?

-- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »
*sigh* quality comebacks are just wasted on you Engy Baby...

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 08:40:07 AM »
so exactly why does username think "sustained spaceflight is impossible"? let's hear him answer for once, instead of claiming OMNICIENCE!!

that's how he and Tom Bishop always talk: they never say "i think this because...", no, they always say "it IT this way just because I SAY is is this way" and dodge all questions by babbling about "the conspiracy"...

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 04:44:06 PM »
Err, I've never seen Username claim omniscience or argue that his explanations for phenomena are anything more than possible-- and more than that: that his opinions are anything more than provisional and subject to change if they fail to line up with observations. His arguments are very much based on hypothetical reasoning, and are not dogmatic and rhetorical like Tom's. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find him explain his reasoning for why sustained spaceflight is impossible.

It seems to me his motivation is discovering whether the earth actually could be flat, where Tom's motivation is convincing other people that it is flat, or just plain trolling.

?

Kebbler Elf

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 06:50:13 PM »
hi

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 06:54:04 PM »
You're an elf!