Incentive for Round Earth "Conspiracy Theory"

• 10 Replies
?

knglerxt

Incentive for Round Earth "Conspiracy Theory"
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »
I checked the FAQ thread for the answer to this question, but it didn't provide a satisfactory explanation.  Let's assume that the Flat Earth Theory is correct.  What would be the payoff for the government conspiring to delude the public on the shape of the earth?  Why go through all this trouble? 

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

• There is no conspiracy...
Re: Incentive for Round Earth "Conspiracy Theory"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »
Because if people realise the Earth is flat, through their prayer God will realise it, then he will mistake the Earth for a pie one day and eat it. We cannot let that happen.
Quote from: Tomcooper84
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs
ENaG: Evidence Not a Guarantee.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »
I checked the FAQ thread for the answer to this question, but it didn't provide a satisfactory explanation.  Let's assume that the Flat Earth Theory is correct.  What would be the payoff for the government conspiring to delude the public on the shape of the earth?  Why go through all this trouble? 

NASA gets a lot of money from the government.  They say they're going to space and only have to fake it.  Think of the profit they're pocketing.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 04:41:10 PM »
Because if people realise the Earth is flat, through their prayer God will realise it, then he will mistake the Earth for a pie one day and eat it. We cannot let that happen.
lol. idk why but that made me chuckle.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »

NASA gets a lot of money from the government.  They say they're going to space and only have to fake it.  Think of the profit they're pocketing.

well why did they start in the first place? so, what you are saying is, it is not the government telling us the world is round, it is NASA who made this up?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »

well why did they start in the first place? so, what you are saying is, it is not the government telling us the world is round, it is NASA who made this up?

No, it's not the government.  It's actually probably led by leaders of the world's various space agencies, all of whom work together to stuff their pockets with cash.  In fact it's unlikely that many people in the government know the truth.  I think the secret is hidden even from the president!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Bushido

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »

Financial gain. NASA has a large budget. Since they don't spend so much money for their space program, and the money is already obtained from the Federal budget, they made a profit. That is how money is made:

Profit = Revenue - Cost.

If Cost decreases and Revenue stays constant, then Profit increases.

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 10:17:58 AM »
Profit=Revenue^cost
Now what does decreasing the cost do for your profits?
there is no optical light, there is just light and theres no other type of light unless you start talkling about energy saving lightbulbs compared to other types of light bulbs

?

Pope Zera

• A Firm Believer in NOTHING
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:18 PM »
For money/power/evil, because that totally makes sense.

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:11:55 PM »
I've always postulated that there is some alien race which is holding the proverbial gun to the heads of our leaders and saying, no doubt in some curious alien dialect, "If you let the massed know the Earth is flat, we'll vaporize you all!"
Thus the motive of the government for hiding this secret is as base and instinctive a motive as possible; the desire for self-preservation and the preservation of mankind.

Now the motives for the alien's, on the other hand, I have no idea. But they're aliens, who knows what they're thinking?
Maybe some other aliens are threatening them, and some more aliens are threatening those aliens, and...

?

Conspiracy Mastermind

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 05:59:09 AM »
Ah, the infinite threatening aliens theory. Perhaps the aliens are just demented.